Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

All things considered, KK is probably the biggest commit from Ohio since C-Wood. 
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
What's good fellas?
nerd.gif

Lazarus $%% bamma 
laugh.gif
 What's good?

All things considered, KK is probably the biggest commit from Ohio since C-Wood. 
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
What's good fellas?
nerd.gif
Where the hell you been?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Actually I think he might end up a Nole anyway. We've got 4 WR's right now and there's a lot of rumors going around about a certain WR from MD.
nerd.gif

I don't see us taking 6 WR's this year so if Cooper doesn't commit soon he might not have a spot.

Y'all should take both Waters and Cooper and put one of them @ CB.

Stephon Diggs will probably be a cane. I know his BFF is/want's to be one. Just as long as y'all don't land Eddie Goldman.

Originally Posted by November33rd

Actually I think he might end up a Nole anyway. We've got 4 WR's right now and there's a lot of rumors going around about a certain WR from MD.
nerd.gif

I don't see us taking 6 WR's this year so if Cooper doesn't commit soon he might not have a spot.
I don't think Diggs ends up at UM. I think Cooper ends up being the last WR we take
Burgess Jr. is similar to Nate Webster in size when compared to other LB's from UM. Also his dad played at UM

Originally Posted by dreClark

Y'all should take both Waters and Cooper and put one of them @ CB.

Stephon Diggs will probably be a cane. I know his BFF is/want's to be one. Just as long as y'all don't land Eddie Goldman.

Supposedly they are going to start out Waters at WR when her gets here but could end up at CB down the line

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Kalis
pimp.gif

Wormley soon after
pimp.gif
Supposedly KK's commit could be instrumental in the Brionte Dunn sweepstakes. Never thought I'd see the day we could realistically flip tO$U's two headliners.

This is all from the same game vs. one of the better programs in OH. Kid is a beast...
sick.gif

Originally Posted by grusumm18

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Kalis
pimp.gif

Wormley soon after
pimp.gif

thought u wernt a fan of wormley, newbs
Starting to warm up on him. I would rather have SeVon or Adolphus but Wormley is a huge kid that could be an alright DL. Not my first choice but a good consolation for the others. I guess the staff loves him. I will trust them over me.
roll.gif

Yeah Gunna. Kid is an animal in the trenches. Complete bad@$$. Need a fire hydrant like him in AA. I am thinking it will be UTk, Michigan and Michigan St in his final three. Hope he and Ondre Pipkins hit it off at the BBQ late July ( if Dre shows up) and want to play next to eachother.

Lazarus $%% bamma 
laugh.gif
 What's good?
roll.gif

Where the hell you been?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
...I'm good my dudes.  All that matters for now is that I'm back.
nerd.gif

-----

I have a hunch that O'Brien will end up a Vol.  He likes UofM but Hoke & Co. are pressuring him to commit now and he wants to wait things out for the long haul.  Pipkins should be Blue by the end of the summer.  O'Brien will probably miss the boat if he waits to make his decision until the All Star games/NSD.  Danny O is definitely an animal, though.

I have a hunch that O'Brien will end up a Vol.  He likes UofM but Hoke & Co. are pressuring him to commit now and he wants to wait things out for the long haul.  Pipkins should be Blue by the end of the summer.  O'Brien will probably miss the boat if he waits to make his decision until the All Star games/NSD.  Danny O is definitely an animal, though

I will take either and be happy

[table][tr][td]Breaking down UM's class 
premium.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
860599.jpg

Randy "Duke" Johnson
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[table][tr][td]
By Chad Simmons

South Recruiting Manager
Posted Jul 11, 2011
[/td][td]
893865.jpg

[/td][/tr][/table]

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1085646.html#http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...6ohk6dgmcd1n/4/1.0.35/us/en-US/view.html&tt=0http://www.blogger.com/blog_this.py...com/2/1085646.html&n=Breaking down UM's classhttp://recruiting.scout.com/2/1085646.html#email-a-friend-windowhttp://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=10&c=1085646&refid=4781|More

After picking up two commitments on Sunday, Miami is now sitting at 21 total. They will sign a full class of 25 plus some in 2012 and you can see what they currently have on their commitment list here.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Miami added two good commitments on Sunday afternoon in linebacker James Burgess and wide receiver Herbert Waters. They were commitments 20 and 21 for Al Golden and UM, so they only have a small number of spots left in 2012. Here is how they are doing so far.
UM Headliners

Two of Miami's 21 commitments are in the Scout100 and they are Jelani Hamilton and Duke Johnson.

Hamilton is a 6-foot-5, 255 pound defensive lineman out of Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas and he has a chance to be special in Coral Gables. He is still growing into his frame physically and he has a lot of rook to grow, especially in his upper-body. He moves well, he changes direction well, and he could be a big defensive end or possibly move inside to play three-technique at UM.

Johnson has been a Hurricane all his life and he is ready to help UM get back to they were when he was growing up. He is an electric athlete with great stop and go ability out of the backfield. He has very good feet, he has a quick burst, and he is tougher than many think when they see his 5-foot-9, 180 pound frame. Johnson is a threat each time he touches the football and he could likely be just as good at cornerback on the defensive side of the ball.

Another in-state prospect that has a lot of raw talent is wide receiver Angelo Jean-Louis. He is a 6-foot, 190 pound athlete out of Palm Beach Central that has a lot of raw talent. He is a physical receiver with very good speed. He just has to put it all together, but if he does, he could be a big play receiver at UM.

On the other side of the ball is a defensive end and a linebacker that Scout really likes. Trent Taylor is a 6-foot-3, 245 pound end out of Lakeland (FL) Lake Gibson that just gets it done. He is not flashy, but he gets off the ball well, he is strong enough to play against the run, and he contains his edge.

Keith Brown is a linebacker that plays with Duke Johnson at Norland and like Johnson, he grew up a Hurricane. Brown when healthy last season was impressive. He is an explosive linebacker can play sideline to sideline. He moves very well and he impressed Scout with his ability to drop into coverage at the Under Armour Combine in Orlando in January too. Brown, Taylor, and Jean-Louis are all ranked in the top 225 on Scout.

Nice Out-of-State Commits

Leading the way outside of Florida for UM is linebacker Raphael Kirby from Georgia and quarterback Preston Dewey from Texas.

Kirby is a 6-foot-2, 218 pound linebacker with great instincts and speed to the ball. He is a solid tackler and he has a knack for staying involved.

Dewey is a quarterback that throws a good football. He may not have the strongest arm, but his timing and accuracy make him one of the best. He has pretty athletic too and he is someone that could be one of the bigger steals in this class.

Golden has some Sleepers

Four prospects surface when the term 'Sleeper' comes up when talking about the Miami class of 2012 and they are Ereck Flowers, Dwayne Hoilett, Reggie Northrup, and Herbert Waters.

All are three star prospects on Scout, so they are not being overlooked by us, but they could be by others.

Flowers is a 6-foot-6, 310 pound offensive lineman that will play for Norland in 2011 after transferring from Dr. Krop. He has the size that all coaches like and he has good feet. He is ranked as a tackle now, but he may be better suited to move inside to guard. That change could come on Scout this fall.

Hoilett is a 6-foot-4, 227 pound defensive end that is rangy and athletic. He is a kid that never slows down and he will take a lot of energy to the Miami defense. He has the frame to add weight and he has a lot of potential.

Northrup is a linebacker that loves to attack the football. He is a downhill backer that delivers some pop when he makes the tackle. He has a good first step and he knows how to the pursue the football.

Waters is an athlete with a lot of raw talent. He is not a blazer in the speed category, but he is quick, and fast enough. He could be effective on either side of the ball at Miami, but will likely start out at corner. He has long arms and very strong hands.

Overall Summary

Miami has a good class coming together. Some feel they may have reached for a few of their current commitments, but that won't be known for another three to four years. They have picked up some very good high school football players and athletes to this point. You put what was listed above with guys like A.J. Leggett, James Burgess, Gray Crow, and others, and you have a nice class on board. They are still involved with others like Tracy Howard, Deon Bush, and other highly touted prospects as well. Al Golden was an energetic coach and recruiter at Temple and it appears that he has kept that same attitude since arriving at Miami.
[/td][/tr][/table]

The 13-day reveal of Watch Lists for college football's major awards rolls on today with the Thorpe Award, given annually to the nation's top defensive back. 37 names made the Thorpe's initial list:

Ray Ray Armstrong, Miami (FL), SS
Mark Barron, Alabama, SS
John Boyett, Oregon, FS
Brandon Boykin, Georgia, CB
Morris Claiborne, LSU, CB
Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska, CB
Tony Dye, UCLA, CB
Matt Elam, Florida, SS
Antonio Fenelus, Wisconsin, CB
Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma, CB
Donnie Fletcher, Boston College, CB
Blake Gideon, Texas, FS
Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina, CB
Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt, CB
Jayron Hosley, Virginia Tech, CB
Delano Howell, Stanford, SS
Duke Ihenacho, San Jose State, SS
George Iloka, Boise State, FS
Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma, FS
Leonard Johnson, Iowa State, CB
Coryell Judie, Texas A&M, CB
Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama, CB
Robert Lester, Alabama, FS
Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State, SS
TJ McDonald, USC, FS
Chase Minnifield, Virginia, CB
Marco Nelson, Tulsa, FS
Brian Peters, Northwestern, FS
Greg Reid, Florida State, CB
Xavier Rhodes, Florida State, CB
Josh Robinson, UCF, CB
Trenton Robinson, Michigan State, FS
Harrison Smith, Notre Dame, FS
Keith Tandy, West Virginia, CB
Kenny Tate, Maryland, FS
Tramain Thomas, Arkansas, FS
Prentiss Waggner, Tennessee, SS

The conference-by-conference numbers break down as you might expect. Via the Jim Thorpe association press release: SEC (10); ACC (7); Big 12 (6); Big 10 (4); PAC 12 (4); C-USA (2); WAC (2); Big East (1); Independents (1). (Though no one was good enough to make the cut out of the Mountain West?)

Of last year's 10 semifinalists, only Alabama's Mark Barron returns to the Watch List. (As for where Oregon's Cliff Harris is, we're not sure. Maybe the Thorpe is waiting to see how long his traffic arrest-induced suspension lasts?)

Originally Posted by DREdwards

watch out for USC, gamecocks that is... the REAL USC!!!! gonna be doing big things this year.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XimOh2AYlL8/THJ_2Tpn-uI/AAAAAAAAF3I/jJGWF1g8lUI/s320/*****Please.png

Cant Reid humanized Lattimore, yall run is over.

Dre, who's your ten to watch from that list? 
nerd.gif
 Beware or B-squared

Back
Top Bottom