Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

[h2]Biggest winners after major infractions[/h2]
Posted on: July 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Log-in to rate:

In part III of CBSSports.com’s series on cheating in college football, I found out that the majority of schools that have committed major violations in the past 25 years actually have had a better record after the infractions.

So much for penalizing the guilty.

Anyway, in my report, I listed the 10 schools that have been hurt the most by the infractions since 1987.

Here’s a look at the 10 schools that fared the best after getting nailed by the NCAA. And if I’m California, I start committing some violations immediately. Because the last two times Cal committed major infractions the Golden Bears improved drastically over the next five years.

OK, so maybe it’s not that simple. But after Cal’s 1988 infractions, they won 18 more games in the next five years than the previous five seasons. The 2002 violations brought a five-year improvement of 27 wins – more than five per season compared to the previous five seasons.

Well, maybe, it had something to do with Cal’s coaching changes. Bruce Snyder replaced Joe Kapp in 1987 and Jeff Tedford replaced Tom Holmoe in 2002.

In the chart below, the year designates the year of the infraction. The improvement in wins is the number for the five seasons after compared to the five seasons before the violation.

Year School Improvement in wins

2002 California +27
2003 Rutgers +22
2001 USC +20
1988 California +18
1990 Florida +17
1997 UTEP +13
1997 Georgia +11
1996 Miss. State +9
1993 Auburn +8
1987 Texas Tech +8

Ray Ray Armstrong, Miami (FL), SS
Mark Barron, Alabama, SS
Morris Claiborne, LSU, CB
Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska, CB
Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina, CB
Jayron Hosley, Virginia Tech, CB
Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma, FS
Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama, CB
Chase Minnifield, Virginia, CB
Josh Robinson, UCF, CB
Kenny Tate, Maryland, FS (Will need a Roy Williams-esqe performance @ that pseudo LB/SS position)

I took off Boykin, Reid and Rhodes for obvious reasons
laugh.gif

And I know that's 11 but #$$% it.
Cant Reid humanized Lattimore, yall run is over.
"Before I fix it where ya jaw can get back straight!"
sick.gif
pimp.gif

All this Ray Ray hype. Dude can't make an open-field tackle to save his life.
30t6p3b.gif

Dinich rated him the #1 safety in the ACC.
30t6p3b.gif
There's a reason he only started 3 games last year.

That's my boy but the hype is getting ridic.

Originally Posted by November33rd

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Was thinking the same while reading ESPN Blog...dude is very hyped right now...

Stopped reading at 'Dinich' .

Is staying in the region something Levenberry has thought about or is he intent on heading out to one of the programs already mentioned?

"I'm actually not really looking at many schools in the area," he said. "I'm not really interested in them because they haven't shown me any interest. I went down to Virginia Tech last year for a combine and they didn't show me the facilities. Whenever I went to another school like North Carolina, Florida or Florida State they showed me around."

Does that mean the Cavaliers are out of the running as well?

"Virginia is different," he said. "That's the only local school I've been looking at. They've been talking to me and I like Coach (Mike) London. He's shown that he's a really good recruiter. My friend Kelby Johnson is going to play left tackle down there and he went to my school (DeMatha).

"Coach (Anthony) Poindexter has been talking to me, too. UVa is the only local school I'm looking at. I haven't been up there but I hope to do that soon."

laugh.gif
@ VPI

Originally Posted by Caerus

Originally Posted by November33rd

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Was thinking the same while reading ESPN Blog...dude is very hyped right now...
Dude took the worst angles I've ever seen last year. Maybe our defense gets slightly better so he's not left one on one in the open field 
mad.gif

I kind of think UofM might end up with two interior DL depending on what happens with a some other kids. The UofM commits were recruiting Sheldon Day at the Opening. I think there's a like 6-7 schollies left. Realistically I could see the class ending with Pipkens, Diamond, Wormley, Standford, Burbridge or Fuller (I think he's coming to BHBBQ, he's kind of an unknown to me). Dunn and Washington I wouldn't call long shots but if they don't come here their schollies could go to Day or Obrien.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Stopped reading at 'Dinich' .

Is staying in the region something Levenberry has thought about or is he intent on heading out to one of the programs already mentioned?

"I'm actually not really looking at many schools in the area," he said. "I'm not really interested in them because they haven't shown me any interest. I went down to Virginia Tech last year for a combine and they didn't show me the facilities. Whenever I went to another school like North Carolina, Florida or Florida State they showed me around."

Does that mean the Cavaliers are out of the running as well?

"Virginia is different," he said. "That's the only local school I've been looking at. They've been talking to me and I like Coach (Mike) London. He's shown that he's a really good recruiter. My friend Kelby Johnson is going to play left tackle down there and he went to my school (DeMatha).

"Coach (Anthony) Poindexter has been talking to me, too. UVa is the only local school I'm looking at. I haven't been up there but I hope to do that soon."

laugh.gif
@ VPI

Curtis Grant pt 2. I believe we were either first or second to offer EJ and the new locker room was under construction on that visit he mentioned so !%+ did he expect the coaches to show him? 
I told you he had no interest in us whatsoever.

UGA heads what can you tell me about Brent Benedict. Is he done after that injury or does he have anything left in the tank? Why'd he transfer in the first place?

ChampCruThik has a lot of e-points riding on this young man
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Ray Ray Armstrong, Miami (FL), SS
Mark Barron, Alabama, SS
Morris Claiborne, LSU, CB
Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska, CB
Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina, CB
Jayron Hosley, Virginia Tech, CB
Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma, FS
Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama, CB
Chase Minnifield, Virginia, CB
Josh Robinson, UCF, CB
Kenny Tate, Maryland, FS
+ Robert Lester, Alabama, FS
+ Janzen Jackson, Tennessee, FS

Nah. List must have been made before he became eligible again.
nerd.gif

EDIT: Bama has 3 of the top 15 DB's in the country.
30t6p3b.gif

[h1]Big Ten Football: ESPN Sues Ohio State[/h1]
Jul 11 10:55p by Travis Miller

In a strange twist involving the ongoing saga around the Ohio State Buckeyes Football program. ESPN, the self-proclaimed Worldwide Leader in Sports, has decided to sue Ohio State over a public records request. As the Columbus Post-Dispatch states:
ESPN sued Ohio State University today, requesting that the state Supreme Court order the school to release emails among former coach Jim Tressel and others regarding Ted Sarniak, the mentor to former quarterback Terrelle Pryor.

OSU denied the public records request by citing FERPA, a federal law designed to protect the privacy of students.

ESPN lawyer John Greiner, based in Cincinnati, said in the court filing that the eventssurrounding OSU football are sad.

"But that sadness does not mean that the events should be secret," the filing says.

The Dispatch has pending records requests for the emails between Tressel and Sarniak, inaddition to other documents. The Dispatch also has met with Attorney General Mike DeWine in an attempt to gain therelease of the records.

OSU has 21 days to respond to the suit once it is served with papers.

This is one of the stranger twists in recent memory, as the Buckeyes are awaiting word from the NCAA after vacating all 12 victories from the 2010 season. Cleveland.com has more on the issue as well:
One set of records involves e-mails, letters and memos from Tressel, OSU President Gordon Gee, OSU director of sports compliance officer Doug Archie and Athletics Director Gene Smith related to Pennsylvania businessman Ted Sarniak that ESPN requested on April 20.

On May 27, OSU declined to provide those e-mails claiming they were prohibited from doing so by the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), according to ESPN’s lawsuit.

Sarniak, a businessman who has been described as a mentor for Pryor, was the person who Tressel forwarded e-mails to that the coach had received about certain OSU football players, including Pryor, being connected with a Columbus tattoo parlor owner, Eddie Rife. Those e-mails, which were sent by Columbus attorney Chris Cicero, told Tressel that Rife was the subject of a federal law enforcement investigation and that the players had exchanged signed OSU memorabilia in exchange for tattoos.

Just saw this elsewhere and didn't know where else to confront you about it!

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

I wasn't aware people took dookies standin' up. I'm not that talented.

Get on our level.

I'll DL whenever you post the link since you're /\/TKL fam.

You didn't download my album Noskey!  You didn't download mine!!! I demand satisfaction!
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Just saw this elsewhere and didn't know where else to confront you about it!

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

I wasn't aware people took dookies standin' up. I'm not that talented.

Get on our level.

I'll DL whenever you post the link since you're /\/TKL fam.

You didn't download my album Noskey!  You didn't download mine!!! I demand satisfaction!
mad.gif

nx175f.gif

Spoiler [+]
PM me a link, bro
laugh.gif
Kind of baffled why you didnt e-confront me in that thread, though 
alien.gif

Sidenote: I'm also baffled why Boyett's on that Thorpe watchlist. Should have just thrown Harris on there and called it good.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

nx175f.gif

PM me a link, bro
laugh.gif
Kind of baffled why you didnt e-confront me in that thread, though 
alien.gif
cuz I post in music forum threads all the time and just never check for replies in that forum.  i figured everyone else over there just does the same
laugh.gif

Album link for everyone:

Back
Top Bottom