Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

That third down roughing the passer penalty was basically the game.

And I don't see how you can knock Martinez. Dude is a runner first, a runner second, and a passer third. What do you expect the man to do with one leg?

We really didn't play well though.
If someone can't play due to injury, pull him. Its that simple. If you continue to play him, you can't make an excuse when you lose.

Martinez on a bad leg>>>>> our back up QBs.We had the 110th ranked offense in the nation last year when those bums played. At least the D would somewhat respect the zone read, which is why we were 9-1

30t6p3b.gif
Posted in the wrong slot.

Randy Shannon 0 for 6 in his last 6 games against top 25 teams.

Career .500 record in the ACC.

This year is his best ever finish in the Coastal division at 2nd. Most penalized team in the country. Most wasted talent in the country.

Zero chance whatsoever that he gets fired. Miami's administration couldn't care less about winning football games anymore. As long as there's no arrests and the graduation rate/academic progress ranking is up....Shannon is here to stay.

I'm losing hope.
tired.gif

shannonsucks.gif

I lost hope for RS last year. This guy is not a good coach at all and I'm afraid what will happen to Morris if RS and Whipple have an entire off season with that guy. He'll probably do the Jacory regression.

Not sure if serious....

I'm not even sure Teddy B still comes to Miami and if he does, he has a lot of developing to do. He's overrated to me.

Besides...nothing can save this program with Randy Shannon as coach. The guy has barely has a .500 record against D1 teams....and we play in the ACC.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Why are there grown men wearing boy scout uniforms on the A&M sideline?

Cause they are weird.

They have male cheerleaders, I mean "yell leaders"

Yell%20Leaders.jpg

And they also have all the "cadets"

squeeze_ags.jpg

Been YEARS since Texas A&M won a game like that... Kyle Field was insane tonight. Absolutely electric...

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Not sure if serious....

Yeah i should work on my e-sarcasm 
laugh.gif

Y'all are screwed for awhile. Instead of former players getting mad at him they should pressure the school and those who won't get rid of him. That will at least satisfy the former players and fans

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Been YEARS since Texas A&M won a game like that... Kyle Field was insane tonight. Absolutely electric...

You went?Well that basically set up probably the biggest game in 13 years next week for the Ags in Austin. Even though they need a lil Sooner love lol.In a funny twist, OU's fate is in the hands of the Longhorns.

Randy Shannon 0 for 6 in his last 6 games against top 25 teams.

Career .500 record in the ACC.

This year is his best ever finish in the Coastal division at 2nd. Most penalized team in the country. Most wasted talent in the country.

Zero chance whatsoever that he gets fired. Miami's administration couldn't care less about winning football games anymore. As long as there's no arrests and the graduation rate/academic progress ranking is up....Shannon is here to stay.

I'm losing hope.
tired.gif

shannonsucks.gif

I know y'all must be frustrated by now. I keep thinking Miami or FSU is going to be a force again every year and then they come out and underachieve. Watching the game today you guys definitely had a lot more talent on the field, especially on the lines. Our WR's couldn't do anything all day against your secondary (part of that is all the guys we had injured) but I honestly cannot believe you didn't win that game.We did you guys a lot of favors with the playcalling too. Morris actually played very well in the first half, but the fumbles, missed field goal, and failed 4th down made it so that you didn't cash in on the offense moving the ball. In the second half I think Morris was pressing a little and our secondary took advantage. If I had been playcalling for the U I would have just fed Miller the ball over and over until we proved we could stop it. 
You guys still have a lot of good individual players but they play undisciplined, don't play well as a team and don't make plays when it really matters. Talent and skill wise I would take any of your WR's over Danny Coale. But Coale was the one who had several important catches and the long touchdown (albeit on a busted coverage) while Benjamin fumbled a punt (didn't cost you points at least) and dropped a wide open TD pass. Last year Jimmy Graham had a couple key drops and you guys played pretty undisciplined too. 

It does seem to be closer to being turned around than it was a couple years ago when you still had Patrick Nix, but it seems like the current staff hasn't been able to get guys to perform when it counts and not make silly mistakes. That plays a huge part in winning games b/c you can't just out talent teams like you used to. It was clear that Miami came out really jacked up with how they played on the first drive and how hard they were hitting on D. For a second I was having flashbacks to 2005 when they came into Lane and annihilated us; I was hoping to avoid a repeat. But after the initial onslaught they pretty much deteriorated into what they've been the past couple years. Until you get a staff that can make your players play more under control and stay even I think it's gonna be more of the same.

That's just my take on it. 

Former players won't say anything bad about him. Of all the former players only Gino Torretta and Dan Morgan have said he should be fired.

Michael Irvin, Lamar Thomas, Dorsey, Blades, Rolle, etc all get on radio and defend him. He's a Cane so they're not going to say anything bad about him. It disgusts me.

The last home game I attend as a student ends up being the best one in my 4 years here
pimp.gif

How many other teams have beat two top-10 ranked teams this season?

Former players won't say anything bad about him. Of all the former players only Gino Torretta and Dan Morgan have said he should be fired.

Michael Irvin, Lamar Thomas, Dorsey, Blades, Rolle, etc all get on radio and defend him. He's a Cane so they're not going to say anything bad about him. It disgusts me.

Not to bring race into this, but he is a black coach at Miami and they are praying for him to succeed. So they will never dog him in hopes that he will become a s success. Its not hard to see.
Just the opposite at Michigan where they have an outsider in their crew and they want him out. 

I don't care the color of the skin. I want a winner. That dude could be blue and if he won Michigan 11 games I would worship that bastard now. Sad......
frown.gif

Had to post this:

CORVALLIS, Ore. -- Southern California freshman tailback Dillon Baxter has been ruled ineligible to compete for the Trojans because he solicited a ride in a golf cart on USC's campus from an NFLPA-certified agent Thursday in violation of NCAA rules concerning extra benefits, school officials confirmed Saturday.

USC self-reported the infraction and also filed an official request with the NCAA for Baxter's reinstatement. As part of the request, USC put a nominal value on the golf cart ride that Baxter would have to repay, likely to a charity, USC vice president for athletic compliance David Roberts said.

"We're hoping that that this is going to be the end of it and the NCAA will understand that we acted proactively and quickly," Roberts said. "Obviously we'll take further action in this coming week to make sure that there are no other contacts between these people and our players."

[h4]More On USC[/h4]
30.gif

For the latest news on all things USC, check out the Trojans blog. Blog

The agent, Teague Egan, is the CEO of First Round Enterprises, a company that represents multiple recording artists and lists itself as a provider of sports representation. Egan is also currently a student at USC, according to official school records. His biography on the agency's website includes a claim that he has "befriended many athletes on the USC football team."

"As an contract advisor, I have never ever given a player money, anything of monetary value, or extra benefit not afforded to other students or my friends," Egan wrote in a statement to ESPNLosAngeles.com Saturday night. "We did not mean or intend to break any rules, and are truly sorry this instance got blown out of proportion."

Egan added: "To me, a golf cart ride wasn't an extra benefit, since I give 15-20 rides a day to all my friends to and from class," Egan said. "The question is would they consider riding on the handle bars of a bicycle against the rules? Say we all wanted to go to the movies together, would we have to take separate cars, and the player ride by himself? ... I wouldn't even buy a players ticket to that movie. But a ride?"

Egan also said he plans on "fully cooperating with USC on any issue they might have."

Former Trojans linebacker Jordan Campbell, the first USC player to defect post-sanctions when he transferred to Louisville in June, is listed as a partner on the agency's official site. Longtime NFL agent and current USC adjunct professor of law Fred Fenster is also listed as the legal senior adviser for the company.

Campbell and Fenster did not immediately return phone calls and messages left for them Saturday afternoon.

Speaking to reporters in the Reser Stadium press box before Saturday's USC-Oregon State game, Roberts said USC has notified both the NCAA and Louisville of Campbell's involvement with the company.

"That's not per se our issue because he's no longer a student with us, but we're aware of the facts," Roberts said. "As we look into this, that'll be an issue to be considered."

Baxter did not practice Thursday after being hospitalized earlier in the day with an unspecified illness and dehydration. He entered the practice field roughly a half-hour before the session ended and appeared groggy.

USC coach Lane Kiffin said then he was hopeful Baxter would play against the Beavers.

Also present on the practice field Thursday was Roberts, who rarely attends practice. He spoke to Kiffin on the field during the two-hour session and continued to observe happenings as the team practiced.

"Obviously we take this very serious," Kiffin said Friday in a video released on the school's website. "We talked to Dillon and Dillon didn't know that [the student was an agent], but we turned it in to the NCAA and, in the meantime, he won't be going with us."

Baxter, a top recruit out of Mission Bay High in San Diego, has already missed two games this season. He was suspended for the opener against Hawaii and missed the Cal game last month with a turf toe injury.

Attempts to reach Baxter were not returned.

USC was put under significant NCAA sanctions during the summer after a four-year investigation into the athletic department. The NCAA punished the Trojans for extra benefits allegedly provided to Heisman Trophy-winning tailback Reggie Bush by two aspiring sports marketers.

USC (7-3, 4-3 Pac-10) is in the first season of a two-year bowl ban and four years of probation. The football program also lost 30 scholarships over the next three years.

Despite the sanctions and subsequent loss of several backup players who were allowed to transfer without losing a season of eligibility, USC is tied for third in the conference standings with three wins in its past four games. After traveling to Oregon State, the Trojans will finish their 13-game season against Notre Dame and UCLA.

Baxter is the Trojans' third-leading rusher with 248 yards and one touchdown, starting one game and emerging as Marc Tyler's primary backup. Baxter also has 11 receptions for 73 yards.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

For a golf cart ride?

Probably have to pay a charity $5 to get reinstated,
30t6p3b.gif

I just don't get the NCAA.

The NFLPA needs to do something about these "agents", everyone and their momma can become one.  This kid is a student, hasn't even graduated and is a certified "agent"
laugh.gif

I'm curious as to why a non-USC motorized vehicle was allowed to drive on campus
nerd.gif

You and your gripes with the NCAA are getting old. Acting like the NCAA is just out to get USC and everybody else gets off easy or something.

All of the facts in the Cam Newton investigation have yet to come out and you don't even know for sure that a violation took place so stop crying about Cam being eligible and the NCAA not doing anything.

Considering it took the NCAA like 4/5 years to finish its investigation on USC and issue sanctions it's hard for me to take seriously an SC fan complaining about the NCAA not doing anything when the investigation has only been ongoing for a couple months.

Not saying they are out to get SC, they got...got.

Just wish they would be consistent, practice what they preach.

I guess my gripes are as redundant as you %$%+% & moaning about Randy Shannon after every loss or Michigan fans cluttering the thread in the "off season" only to dissappear (w/ the exception of a couple) during the season.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Not saying they are out to get SC, they got...got.

Just wish they would be consistent, practice what they preach.

I guess my gripes are as redundant as you %$%+% & moaning about Randy Shannon after every loss or Michigan fans cluttering the thread in the "off season" only to dissappear (w/ the exception of a couple) during the season.

This.

Iron man does +%*$! and moan about the same old, but for what it's worth it's all legitimate.

baxter clearly did %!$! up but it's stupid.

Back
Top Bottom