Got a ticket. vol F the police

Originally Posted by TSX24

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

Didn't realize NTers are so passionate about the environment. Captain Planet definitely left his mark on some of y'all.
grin.gif

No I don't litter, actually I try my best to recycle. $1000 for a cigarette butt = ridiculous. Good luck OP with that ticket.

lol @ captain planet. i was thnking the same thing. i don't litter much either but i mean how many smokers do u guys know that DON'T throw butts out the window? like really. Irony of the whole litter thing is that i own a recycling center so i probably do more good for the environment than most of you NTers talking that ++$. 
Thanks for the advice, i thought it would be around 1000$ just didnt want to believe it lol. hopefully i get off easy and pay around 500...but i doubt it. 

Wait, so you own a recycling company and you did this?

You should have known better, no? Oh I'm sure you figured since you do all this for Mother Nature, what's 1 cigarette butt gonna do, right?

Self-righteous !%+ dude....

find it hilarious that you would pollute your your lungs and continue to pollute the environment we share. it's pretty much saying that your car interior is a temple of cleanliness.

next time swallow the butt (NH) or toss it inside your car. trust me it's worth saving $1K.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Didn't realize NTers are so passionate about the environment. Captain Planet definitely left his mark on some of y'all.
grin.gif

No I don't litter, actually I try my best to recycle. $1000 for a cigarette butt = ridiculous. Good luck OP with that ticket.

lol @ captain planet. i was thnking the same thing. i don't litter much either but i mean how many smokers do u guys know that DON'T throw butts out the window? like really. Irony of the whole litter thing is that i own a recycling center so i probably do more good for the environment than most of you NTers talking that ++$. 
Thanks for the advice, i thought it would be around 1000$ just didnt want to believe it lol. hopefully i get off easy and pay around 500...but i doubt it. 

You should have known better, no? Oh I'm sure you figured since you do all this for Mother Nature, what's 1 cigarette butt gonna do, right?

i'm no tree hugger, im in the BUSINESS because it makes money. just because i work with recycling doesn't mean i'm an environment activist. lol

everyone sayin get a lawyer
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
 U never got arrested. He dont need a lawyer for littering, he dont even need a public defender...speak to the prosecutor, get the fine downgraded and plead guilty....the end

u paying for a lawyers a waste of money, it is a municiple charge...pay the fine. nothing else will happen

^^ the only reason i wanted a llawyer is because i don't want to pay 1000+ for littering and i was told i can eliminate the fine completely and not have to serve community service. Appreciate the advice though.

imagine all the money you could've saved and all the other things you could've bought by just not littering

:LOL SCRUBBBBBB

Take it to the supreme court. Tell them you were actually flicking a booger and play the race card if possible.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

is it really worth racking up atty fees for this? its not like you were charged with a felony.

if anything, just take your ticket and go see a judge. claim financial hardship, blame the state of the economy like everyone else, act remorseful and say you will never do it again and you learned your lesson. i have to imagine that you have just as good a chance of getting a fine reduction as an attorney would, and your time is free of charge.
i hate going to court, but considering i can be fined up to 1000 dollars and community service, my lawyer said he can eliminate the fine and service and only pay 250. sounds like a deal to me. i have never dealt with lawyers before so i'm not too sure what to expect.
How much do you think the attorney is going to charge you? In the end, you'll most likely still end up paying $1000 plus the community service. Attorneys dont work for free or for favors. 

I bought one of those ashtrays with a lid/light & fits in the cars cup holder to avoid all that nonsense.

Most of you dudes in here sounding like a bunch of whiny !#!#@!!. The type that walk by me and purposely cough loudly because you don't want to smell my smoke. Bunch of elementary school D.A.R.E. grads.

i'm no tree hugger, im in the BUSINESS because it makes money. just because i work with recycling doesn't mean i'm an environment activist. lol
I'm glad you got caught and I hope you get the maximum fine.  I'm no tree hugger either but i can't stand people that flick cigarettes out the window.  Cruising around like the world's your personal garbage can.  Plus you have the nerv to be mad a the police because YOU broke the law?  Get outta here wit that. 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Good. You're littering. You deserve to be ticketed.

And smoking is disgusting anyway.

This.... I'm a big smoker but nothing pisses me off more than seeing drivers toss their butts out the window
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

grin.gif

Irony of the whole litter thing is that i own a recycling center so i probably do more good for the environment than most of you NTers talking that ++$. 

That would be ironic... if I believed you. 

Originally Posted by Nktran001

Did you see the cop when you flicked it out the window?

naah i didn't. i was on the highway and it was at night. just terrible luck i guess. all i can really do is take the L and save money. 
its amazing how much more a cigarette lights up when its thrown into wind. 
smile.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

I bought one of those ashtrays with a lid/light & fits in the cars cup holder to avoid all that nonsense.

Most of you dudes in here sounding like a bunch of whiny !#!#@!!. The type that walk by me and purposely cough loudly because you don't want to smell my smoke. Bunch of elementary school D.A.R.E. grads.
We ain't got yellow teeth like you, though

seriously u guys saying ur glad he got caught are a bunch of LAMES. i AGREE wit OP ++@! the police.....for flicking a cig?.... everybody that smokes and THERE mother does this...some cars dont even have ash trays..... some of u are really corny

^ do you even know the definition of corny? how is it corny that people think someone who broke the law got caught up? just because people get away with it means its legal now? damn your logic is so valid

then why would you brag about doing more good for the environment?  
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by mackmittenzz

seriously u guys saying ur glad he got caught are a bunch of LAMES. i AGREE wit OP ++@! the police.....for flicking a cig?.... everybody that smokes and THERE mother does this...some cars dont even have ash trays..... some of u are really corny

one flicked cig can mean lives lost, homes destroyed and millions of tax dollars wasted to fight the fire it caused.  $1000 is a drop in the bucket.  if you dont have an ashtray in your car keep a glass bottle or soda can in your cupholder.

Spoiler [+]
"THERE"

Back
Top Bottom