Got Finessed By Female Officer (Might Be In Trouble)

I'm chuckle and say "Are you looking for a date". She says "something like that" and keeps peering into traffic on the street. I'm like "How Much Do You Charge".

LJ6oF4v.gif

Michelle Anne Farley was found alive shortly after the release of the video. Soul Asylum's guitarist Dan Murphy stated in an interview that Michelle met with the band, who stated 'You ruined my life' because she saw herself on the video at her boyfriend's house which led to her being forced back into an abusive home situation which she had willingly escaped from.

DeQuan Addrow DeQuan Addrow update us on your case.
UPDATE: Got Fired from UPS and have lost close to 1500.

About 3 weeks before the court date, I lawyered up. The law firm I chose was literally 3 blocks from my job, and when I talked to them on the phone they actually looked my case up in the system, told me who the judge was and their experiences with them, which reassured me I got this sowed up. :nthat:

When I explained what happened, they were slightly perplexed - although theres hundreds of these cases ever year, most people simply please no contest at arraignment, pay the fine and don't bother going to trial. The only time lawyers get involved is if the defendant fails to appeaer and has a warrant put out, having to go through the sentencing process while in jail. Both charges are minor misdemeanors and don't carry any jail time unless a repeat offense, have HIV (makes it a Felony) or you have other criminal cases open that would make you a bail risk.

But yeah, they were slightly skeptical of my recollection, but then I handed them a letterhead I had my supervisor draft up detailing my work schedule, location, how long I've worked with the company etc. So at this point, I'm thinking I can get them to approach the prosecutor with this, and scare him into dismissing the case. :smile: Before I leave, they tell me their fee is $500 per court appearance and have me sign an agreement.

2 weeks before my court date I start having Car trouble and have to cough up $95 to get it towed. |l Then after the mechanics looked at it, I had to pay $300 to get it fixed, which depleted my bank account. The law firm told me to bring whatever I can the morning of arraignment and will proceed.

Monday comes, I pay them all I could scrounge together ($200) and me and one of the younger lawyers accompanies me to the courthouse. Dude is dressed up in a suit and looks like a million bucks. I feel special just walking with this guy. One of the perks of hiring a lawyer is, instead of sitting there 60-90 minutes for your name to be called, the judge calls you up within the first 15 minutes. :pimp:

So anyways, the judge is talking about a Diversion program, instead of outright dismissing the case. :angry: Turns out, my lawyers never even negotiated with the prosecutor. That morning when I went to the law firm, my name wasn't even written on their dry erase board of current cases. I guess it was my fault though, should've lawyered up immediately when it happened and had enough $$$ in my Bank Account to pay their full fee upfront. But anyways, the lawyer reassures me this was the best route, taking into consideration my financial condition (a full trial would've required atleast another 3 or 4 court appearances) and the fact that we don't know what evidence the Prosecutor has like Bodycam footage etc.

So anyways, we go upstairs to discuss things with the Diversion officer. Basically, I'll have to take an HIV test, and she sets an appointment date to see me the following month.

A month later, I go to a clinic to take the test and see the Diversion Officer. She makes me sign a contract, with a bunch of terms and conditions, that make me feel I just should have continued the case to trial. :ohwell: I have to pay $250 for the Diversion program, 40 hours of community service at a non profit, and not only that, but the Diversion Officer has to make contact with Family Members. She sets the next appointment in March, and if I have completed the CS hours, and don't get in further trouble the case is dismissed and I can file to have everything expunged off my record.

So anyways, I get a headstart doing the community service at a Goodwill near my crib. Depending on what day, I'm either straightening up clothes on the Racks, or sorting donations in the back. Turns out the manager and a couple of workers there have a hustle where they "intercept" the premium stuff, and flip it on Poshmark etc. Can't knock the hustle cause Goodwill only pays them less than $10 bucks an hour. There was a pair of VNDS Iverson Questions they let me take cause they didn't have any laces.

Midway through the Community Service, I started falling asleep at UPS and ended up calling off one morning cause I was too damn tired to get out of bed. (the Minimum Community Service hours was 4 per day, and I was doing 5 cause I wanted to get it done before Christmas)

That Friday after I clocked out, I get a text message saying "Hey DeQuan, thank you for your services but you are no longer needed here at UPS." I think they might have somehow found out about my case, cause when I came back after missing that one day, one of my co-workers laughed and said, "Man, we thought you got locked up or something..." but didn't elaborate on what would make him think of that (keep in mind this was a dude with dreads and tattoos, I pretty much look like choir boy compared to him). Not to mention, this was right in the middle of Peak Season where they are desperate for Workers so it makes no sense to get rid of me for missing 1 day and clocking out early the day I had to go to court. As I think back to my last weeks there, It seems like my co-workers were kind of avoiding me, not being as friendly as they used to be.

So anyways, I get my Community Service the week before Christmas, and go to the Diversion Officer with a Money Order to pay the $250 fee. She acts like cause I don't have a scheduled appointment she can't see me (even though I was the only person in her office that morning), but she reluctantly accepts my Money Order. But I still gotta wait until the March appointment until I can get the charges Dismissed and Expunged. While I'm sure the average person needs time to save up for the Fee, and get the CS completed, I'm thinking they set the appointments so distant, hoping you'll catch another case and can hit you with more punishment.

So altogether this has cost me $750 directly, and about that indirectly when you consider opportunities missed. Im currently working a part time job, and have wanted to get a full time job, but have postponed it cause I will have to miss a day for the upcoming appointment.

Last edited:

About 3 weeks before the court date, I lawyered up. The law firm I chose was literally 3 blocks from my job, and when I talked to them on the phone they actually looked my case up in the system, told me who the judge was and their experiences with them, which reassured me I got this sowed up. :nthat:

When I explained what happened, they were slightly perplexed - although theres hundreds of these cases ever year, most people simply please no contest at arraignment, pay the fine and don't bother going to trial. The only time lawyers get involved is if the defendant fails to appeaer and has a warrant put out, having to go through the sentencing process while in jail. Both charges are minor misdemeanors and don't carry any jail time unless a repeat offense, have HIV (makes it a Felony) or you have other criminal cases open that would make you a bail risk.

But yeah, they were slightly skeptical of my recollection, but then I handed them a letterhead I had my supervisor draft up detailing my work schedule, location, how long I've worked with the company etc. So at this point, I'm thinking I can get them to approach the prosecutor with this, and scare him into dismissing the case. :smile: Before I leave, they tell me their fee is $500 per court appearance and have me sign an agreement.

2 weeks before my court date I start having Car trouble and have to cough up $95 to get it towed. |l Then after the mechanics looked at it, I had to pay $300 to get it fixed, which depleted my bank account. The law firm told me to bring whatever I can the morning of arraignment and will proceed.

Monday comes, I pay them all I could scrounge together ($200) and me and one of the younger lawyers accompanies me to the courthouse. Dude is dressed up in a suit and looks like a million bucks. I feel special just walking with this guy. One of the perks of hiring a lawyer is, instead of sitting there 60-90 minutes for your name to be called, the judge calls you up within the first 15 minutes. :pimp:

So anyways, the judge is talking about a Diversion program, instead of outright dismissing the case. :angry: Turns out, my lawyers never even negotiated with the prosecutor. That morning when I went to the law firm, my name wasn't even written on their dry erase board of current cases. I guess it was my fault though, should've lawyered up immediately when it happened and had enough $$$ in my Bank Account to pay their full fee upfront. But anyways, the lawyer reassures me this was the best route, taking into consideration my financial condition (a full trial would've required atleast another 3 or 4 court appearances) and the fact that we don't know what evidence the Prosecutor has like Bodycam footage etc.

So anyways, we go upstairs to discuss things with the Diversion officer. Basically, I'll have to take an HIV test, and she sets an appointment date to see me the following month.

A month later, I go to a clinic to take the test and see the Diversion Officer. She makes me sign a contract, with a bunch of terms and conditions, that make me feel I just should have continued the case to trial. :ohwell: I have to pay $250 for the Diversion program, 40 hours of community service at a non profit, and not only that, but the Diversion Officer has to make contact with Family Members. She sets the next appointment in March, and if I have completed the CS hours, and don't get in further trouble the case is dismissed and I can file to have everything expunged off my record.

So anyways, I get a headstart doing the community service at a Goodwill near my crib. Depending on what day, I'm either straightening up clothes on the Racks, or sorting donations in the back. Turns out the manager and a couple of workers there have a hustle where they "intercept" the premium stuff, and flip it on Poshmark etc. Can't knock the hustle cause Goodwill only pays them less than $10 bucks an hour. There was a pair of VNDS Iverson Questions they let me take cause they didn't have any laces.

Midway through the Community Service, I started falling asleep at UPS and ended up calling off one morning cause I was too damn tired to get out of bed. (the Minimum Community Service hours was 4 per day, and I was doing 5 cause I wanted to get it done before Christmas)

That Friday after I clocked out, I get a text message saying "Hey DeQuan, thank you for your services but you are no longer needed here at UPS." I think they might have somehow found out about my case, cause when I came back after missing that one day, one of my co-workers laughed and said, "Man, we thought you got locked up or something..." but didn't elaborate on what would make him think of that (keep in mind this was a dude with dreads and tattoos, I pretty much look like choir boy compared to him). Not to mention, this was right in the middle of Peak Season where they are desperate for Workers so it makes no sense to get rid of me for missing 1 day and clocking out early the day I had to go to court.

So anyways, I get my Community Service the week before Christmas, and go to the Diversion Officer with a Money Order to pay the $250 fee. She acts like cause I don't have a scheduled appointment she can't see me (even though I was the only person in her office that morning), but she reluctantly accepts my Money Order. But I still gotta wait until the March appointment until I can get the charges Dismissed and Expunged. While I'm sure the average person needs time to save up for the Fee, and get the CS completed, I'm thinking they set the appointments so distant, hoping you'll catch another case and can hit you with more punishment.

So altogether this has cost me $750 directly, and about that indirectly when you consider opportunities missed. Im currently working a part time job, and have wanted to get a full time job, but have postponed it cause I will have to miss a day for the upcoming appointment.
Appreciate the update. The obstacles can be a *****, but it’s good to hear that you are finding a way to maneuver through them. Looking forward to your next update in March I assume? Anyway, good luck and peace.

That Friday after I clocked out, I get a text message saying "Hey DeQuan, thank you for your services but you are no longer needed here at UPS." I think they might have somehow found out about my case, cause when I came back after missing that one day, one of my co-workers laughed and said, "Man, we thought you got locked up or something..." but didn't elaborate on what would make him think of that (keep in mind this was a dude with dreads and tattoos, I pretty much look like choir boy compared to him). Not to mention, this was right in the middle of Peak Season where they are desperate for Workers so it makes no sense to get rid of me for missing 1 day and clocking out early the day I had to go to court. As I think back to my last weeks there, It seems like my co-workers were kind of avoiding me, not being as friendly as they used to be.

Fam I almost feel bad about what I said earlier given the situation was so stupid with how you got got.

But DAMN this was a thorough finessing by the legal system. You got played man. Lawyers, court appearance, job, diversion program.

You would've been better off getting caught with a pro in your UPS truck by the cops and just pleading no contest.

You can always go talk to the Asst. DA about your case before trail and lawyering up.

80% of the time, they’re going to offer you the same deal they offer your attorney.

Just cut out the middle man - saving time and money.

Unless you know you’re innocent or willing to fight, that’s the best way to go...

another tip, for all those drunks that be driving out there - always refuse both breathalyzer and field sobriety test - and keep your mouth shut - They’re going to threaten you about your license (which will be taken from you regardless- and you can get back when you get out on bail) 90% of the time - The case will be dismiss.

But please don’t drink and drive

Last edited:
Now that everything is said and done, honestly OP, we’re you trying to buy some p? Please respond.

This thread is still gold :lol: ...But yea let this be a learning experience OP, it sounds like you taking care of all the stuff they set up for you

But like others have said you probly coulda got the case thrown out or some soft probation before judgement if you just showed up for your court appearance, wouldn’t even need a lawyer and saved your money...They ain’t really trying to go to trial for these low level crimes, the court just wants your money and to inconvenience you to jump thru some hoops

Back
Top Bottom