GREATEST SERIES OF ALL TIME???

Incredible series. I can't imagine what it's been like for Celts/Bulls fans.
ohwell.gif

if this series wasn't a first round series it would be getting much more best series ever consideration

i'm trying to find a series that was more consistently entertaining throughout the series, because this is what this series has had to offer.

game 1 went to overtime derrick rose game winning shot
game 2 ray allen game winning shot
game 3 blowout
game 4 double overtime crazy shot by ben gordon to send game to double overtime
game 5 paul pierce game tying shot to force overtime, celtics hit game winner late in ot brad miller misses potential game tying freethrows
game 6 3 overtimes

this has been a damn good and entertaining series and i cant wait for game 7

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

if this series wasn't a first round series it would be getting much more best series ever consideration
Knicks/Miami was also first round, so yeah.

But I have no problem with this being one of the best. Very competitive series, appreciated even if the Bulls lose game 7.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

It's as good as I've seen in a long time...

Best ever though? Naaaah..
My sentiments exactly...
Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by juice juice

What were some that were better?
Lakers Sacramento
Yes and
Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by juice juice

What were some that were better?
People will say I'm being biased but I don't give a %@@!.

Knicks/Miami '99 was great.
Yes.

Amazing series though, it's been a roller coaster 6 games so far. But let's see how it all plays out at the end...

It will always remain a classic series, it has made history with all these OT's, but if game 7 is a blowout and anticlimactic, it will fall short of GOAT. imo.

And I mean to take away nothing from these teams. I'm hopin for another OT game in #7
pimp.gif

this is one of the best i've seen.

this will be the best series ever only if the last game comes down to the last shot of the game and it gets hit at the buzzer to clinch it

LOL @ anyone comparing Knicks/Heat '99 to this series. Just because an 8 beating a 1 and on a Houston buzzer beater doesn't mean it was better thanthis. The drama game-in and game-out and huge shots and moments in '99 do not compare to this series. The overall quality of play, close gamesthroughout, etc is not even close, this series is much better even before Game 7 has been played.

If Game 7 is another down to the wire barn burner then this will be the best series of all time IMO.

Originally Posted by ehh

LOL @ anyone comparing Knicks/Heat '99 to this series. Just because an 8 beating a 1 and on a Houston buzzer beater doesn't mean it was better than this. The drama game-in and game-out and huge shots and moments in '99 do not compare to this series. The overall quality of play, close games throughout, etc is not even close.
Again, people might say I'm biased. But I think you're downplaying that series. And the Allan Houston shot was not what made this series.

But I have no problem with this being one of the best. Very competitive series, appreciated even if the Bulls lose game 7.
that knicks miami series the 1999 first round imo isn't in the best all time as an overall series.

the knicks won games 1 and 3 in blowout fashion, miami won games 2 and 4 convincingly. as a matter of fact, the first 4 games of that series were eachdecided by 10 points or more, game 5 was the only real competetive game of that series.

[table][tr][td]Game 1[/td] [td]May 8[/td] [td]New York Knickerbockers[/td] [td]95[/td] [td]Miami Heat[/td] [td]75[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 2[/td] [td]May 10[/td] [td]New York Knickerbockers[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]Miami Heat[/td] [td]83[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 3[/td] [td]May 12[/td] [td]Miami Heat[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]New York Knickerbockers[/td] [td]97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 4[/td] [td]May 14[/td] [td]Miami Heat[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]New York Knickerbockers[/td] [td]72[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 5[/td] [td]May 16[/td] [td]New York Knickerbockers[/td] [td]78[/td] [td]Miami Heat[/td] [td]77[/td] [/tr][/table]

i don't consider 4 blowouts and 1 classic game a great series.

Originally Posted by ehh

LOL @ anyone comparing Knicks/Heat '99 to this series. Just because an 8 beating a 1 and on a Houston buzzer beater doesn't mean it was better than this. The drama game-in and game-out and huge shots and moments in '99 do not compare to this series. The overall quality of play, close games throughout, etc is not even close.

If Game 7 is another down to the wire barn burner then this will be the best series of all time IMO.
agreed.

same wuth GS vs Dallas too. GS just straight up won that series, it wasn't even really that good. If a casual fan were to watch this series and GS vsDallas, without knowing thier seeds, they would probly choose this one.

Originally Posted by ehh

i gotta agree. i'm a knick fan but that series doesnt compare to this one. all the games between the celts vs bulls have been close except forone. the knicks vs heat series had some blowouts. i think most of knick fans remember that series so much because we went to the finals that year. but yeahthis bulls vs celts is way better IMO

its a great series!!! flat out....Saying that anything is "the best" is always a difficult thing to do, but I would suggest that this is both one ofthe top series I have ever seen (20+ years of basketball watching) and probably the best series you will see this year...

that knicks miami series the 1999 first round imo isn't in the best all time as an overall series.

the knicks won games 1 and 3 in blowout fashion, miami won games 2 and 4 convincingly. as a matter of fact, the first 4 games of that series were each decided by 10 points or more, game 5 was the only real competetive game of that series.

[table][tr][td]Game 1[/td] [td]May 8[/td] [td]New York Knickerbockers[/td] [td]95[/td] [td]Miami Heat[/td] [td]75[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 2[/td] [td]May 10[/td] [td]New York Knickerbockers[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]Miami Heat[/td] [td]83[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 3[/td] [td]May 12[/td] [td]Miami Heat[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]New York Knickerbockers[/td] [td]97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 4[/td] [td]May 14[/td] [td]Miami Heat[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]New York Knickerbockers[/td] [td]72[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Game 5[/td] [td]May 16[/td] [td]New York Knickerbockers[/td] [td]78[/td] [td]Miami Heat[/td] [td]77[/td] [/tr][/table]

Not to mention the series was primarily played in the 70's and 80's. Knicks in Gm 1 was the only time either team reached the 90-pt plateau.

It was an ugly, brutal series for the most part - hell even Allan's game winner was ugly as %%*@.
roll.gif

the knicks won games 1 and 3 in blowout fashion, miami won games 2 and 4 convincingly. as a matter of fact, the first 4 games of that series were each decided by 10 points or more, game 5 was the only real competetive game of that series.

Point taken.

Originally Posted by ehh

Again, people might say I'm biased. But I think you're downplaying that series. And the Allan Houston shot was not what made this series.

Nah man, I'm a huge Knicks fan too. That series wasn't even close to this. That series wasn't even the best in the Knicks/Heat rivalry.

I think '97 woulda been one of the best series of all time if we didn't have so many cats suspended for Gm 6 and 7. Still can't believe we lostthat series.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom