GREATEST SERIES OF ALL TIME???

that knicks series gets more credit then it should but one thing it did do was spark the knicks run to the finals that year, it was like after they beat miamithey cruised the rest of the way to the finals sweeping atlanta, and winning 2 games in indiana in that ecf.

i might be biased as a kings fan, but the 2002 kings/lakers series trumps this one due to the rivalry and because it was the conference finals.

i aint gonna lie though, this is top 2/3 for me.

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

i might be biased as a kings fan, but the 2002 kings/lakers series trumps this one due to the rivalry and because it was the conference finals.

The referee influence not only discredits this series, but gives it an asterisk.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

The referee influence not only discredits this series, but gives it an asterisk.

yeah i know crappy officating and no calls cost the lakers a most likely win in game 5 and cost the kings a possible win in game 6

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah I don't see how a series which includes the biggest screw job in the history of the NBA as it's climax be considered better than this.

This Bulls/Celtics series makes me ecstatic to be a basketball fan. After the Lakers/Kings series was over I basically stopped watching the NBA for threeyears I was so disgusted.

you saying the calls were questionable both ways to keep the series going?

if so, why couldnt david stern have the refs more on sacramento's side
frown.gif
(27 free throws in the 4th quarter? really?)

you saying the calls were questionable both ways to keep the series going?

if so, why couldnt david stern have the refs more on sacramento's side
frown.gif
(27 free throws in the 4th quarter? really?)

watch the final minute of game 5 they were on sacramentos side that night

Great series.

But those Bulls vs. Knicks clashes in the mid 90s takes the cake for me.

No doubt the best of this decade with LA/Sactown being the 2nd. GS and DAL wasn't that well played of a series, except for a couple of good games, 4 out ofthe 6 games were blowouts or not that close and if not for the 8 over 1 upset factor and the great crowd, it wouldn't be anywhere near the top 3.Bulls/Celtics every game except for 1 has been great shot making down the stretch and just high drama every game. All that's needed to put the icing on thecake is for an epic Game 7 with hopefully the Baby Bulls pulling the upset.

Originally Posted by kobe82410

same wuth GS vs Dallas too. GS just straight up won that series, it wasn't even really that good. If a casual fan were to watch this series and GS vs Dallas, without knowing thier seeds, they would probly choose this one.
How was it not good? The games werent as close and competitive as this series but you have the uptempo style basketball of the number 8 seed whohasnt been to the post season in more than a decade against the best regular season team in the mavs with the mvp of that season in dirk. I dont thinkcelebrities would not go to golden state to watch this series if it "wasnt really good". That series captured a lot of America:
Mavericks-Warriors Game Six set an all-time cable record for a first-round playoff game with 3.763 million HHs, topping the record of 3.713 million set last year for Suns-Lakers Game Six.

Lakers vs Sac was the best IMO

One of the best series I've ever seen.
Best 1st round series? Yes, imo.
Other than that? Debatable. Like people have said, the Kings/Lakers series several years back was possibly the best. It's what got me heavy intobasketball. That was just such an amazing series.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Originally Posted by kobe82410

same wuth GS vs Dallas too. GS just straight up won that series, it wasn't even really that good. If a casual fan were to watch this series and GS vs Dallas, without knowing thier seeds, they would probly choose this one.
How was it not good? The games werent as close and competitive as this series but you have the uptempo style basketball of the number 8 seed who hasnt been to the post season in more than a decade against the best regular season team in the mavs with the mvp of that season in dirk. I dont think celebrities would not go to golden state to watch this series if it "wasnt really good". That series captured a lot of America:
Mavericks-Warriors Game Six set an all-time cable record for a first-round playoff game with 3.763 million HHs, topping the record of 3.713 million set last year for Suns-Lakers Game Six.

Lakers vs Sac was the best IMO

I think when you talk about the best series, you should talk about the actual games as opposed to the background info and history of the teams.the games itself wouldn't have been exciting if it weren't for it being an 8 over a 1(which i'm NOT downplaying at all) i think the actual contentof the game should be considered more. the games in gs vs dallas weren't really that exciting. and this is from a neutral standpoint.

the series is great but in looking at the big picture, being a first round series, it takes a bit away from it, also given that neither team is expected to winit all, also puts a damper on things..... when looking at the big picture.

some other great series were those battles between the knicks/pacers, bulls/knicks, pacers/bulls in the 90's.... and the knicks/heat series were good aswell..... more recently, LA/sac was good with more on the line

It's great that we finally have an NBA-playoff series that is this close and this entertaining. As much as I love the NBA, it has the most boring andpredictable playoffs out of the 4 major sports leagues. With the NHL, MLB and NFL playoffs, you have NO idea who is going to win the championship.

if anyone can get me a copy of this game in cd or tape that would be
pimp.gif
. I'll throw in some tip (5-10$) through Paypal

Best 1st round series, easily. But even Dallas-Spurs in '06 was better. Teams at full strength, defending champs vs. best team in the league.

I think this will be considered a "classic". I mean how many people out there would have even thought about the Bulls putting
up a fight let alone all these close and OT games. The defending champs has had their hands full. I'll be putting this in one of
the best (NOT the best) series I've watched in a long time. I never thought this would go 7.

Back
Top Bottom