GREATEST SERIES OF ALL TIME???

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Best 1st round series, easily. But even Dallas-Spurs in '06 was better. Teams at full strength, defending champs vs. best team in the league.
roll.gif

i can't wait to see a highlight mix done on this series on NBATV/TNT after game 7. the wizards/cavs series the first time lebron was in the playoffs wasamazing, the warriors and mavs series was incredibly entertaining...but this series is just on another level.

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

Best 1st round series, easily. But even Dallas-Spurs in '06 was better. Teams at full strength, defending champs vs. best team in the league.
roll.gif
Do you not remember that series? I feel like was exhausted at the end of that, and those teams were better than these two. The winner of thatseries was going to win the title...and then the refs stepped in on the finals.

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

roll.gif
Do you not remember that series? I feel like was exhausted at the end of that, and those teams were better than these two. The winner of that series was going to win the title...and then the refs stepped in on the finals.
The dude doesn't know what he's talking about, he probably wouldn't even know who won the series in which building.

It WAS an exhausting series, back and forth, neither team giving up. Winning in SA to go onto the WCF was HUGE, it was unheard of, and Diop, Dirk, and JETpulled it out for us.

THIS series now is an instant classic, all-time? I don't know because I ain't watched/read up on all the series, it's one of the best in recenthistory though.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Hard to say objectively, people will always pick some great series where their team won in 7.
I'm saying, as a lifelong Sonics fan, having no vested interest in a friggin' Spurs-Mavs series, that it was incredible. A true fan ofbasketball would realize that was an incredible series. The point spreads weren't quite as close, overall, as this Bulls-Celtics series, but they were justas intense, and the stakes higher.

craziest, most physical,I'm gonna bust your head open 1st round series, knicks-heat

close games, crazy amounts of ot, clutch shot after clutch shot, young dudes stepping up- this series

These are my personal choices some would go for the greatest, others were just entertaining for certain reasons.......In no order just off the top of my head

- Boston vs. Chicago '09 Round 1
- Miami vs New York '99 Round 1
- Los Angeles vs Portland '00 WCF
- Sacramento vs Utah '99 Round 1
- Sacramento vs Los Angeles '02 WCF
- Seattle vs. Phoenix '97 Round 1
- Toronto vs. Philadelphia '01 EC Semi's
- Chicago vs Indiana '98 ECF
- Dallas vs. Golden State '07 Round 1
- Miami vs. New York '00 EC Semi's

Don't forget the Lakers/Suns series 3 years ago.

7 games, the pushing and shoving between Kobe and Nash in game 1, 3-1 lead, the two buzzer beaters by Kobe, the Dunk over Nash by Kobe, the clothesline, thegame 6 OT
mad.gif
, and then the anitclimactic game 7.
tired.gif

Not sayin it compares to this one, just worthy of as much mention as some of these other series being talked about.

Best 1st round series maybe

I remember GS vs Dallas was better

But all time no way

Lakers vs Kings if you ask me. Man they had so many battles.

these are some of the good playoff series i could think of from this decade, since were talking about great series.

2000 lakers vs portland wcf knicks vs heat 2nd round pacers bucks 1st round (travis best game winner in game 5)
2001 raptors vs toronto 2nd round mavs vs jazz 1st round
2002 nets vs pacers 1st round lakers vs kings 2nd round
2003 portland vs dallas 1st round (portland 4 minutes away from winning series after being down 0-3) dallas vs kings 2nd round
2003 spurs vs suns 1st round (6 game series but 2 game winning shots by phoenix and was a close series for 1 vs
glasses.gif

2004 lakers vs spurs 2nd round
2005 pistons vs spurs nba finals
2006 lakers vs suns 1st round (games 4 and 6 made this series good), spurs vs mavs 2nd round, cavs vs wizards 1st round,
2006 cavs vs pistons 2nd round
2007 warriors vs mavs 1st round, suns vs spurs 2nd round, jazz vs rockets 1st round
2008 celtics vs hawks 1st round, celtics vs cavs 2nd round, hornets vs spurs 2nd round
2009 celtics vs bulls 1st round

It's so hard to say... because in the 90s, during those Bulls title runs, they were steady going to game 7 with the Heat, Pacers, and esp. Knicks.

But easily, one of the best of the decade.

Originally Posted by doyung9

It's so hard to say... because in the 90s, during those Bulls title runs, they were steady going to game 7 with the Heat, Pacers, and esp. Knicks.

But easily, one of the best of the decade.
during the years they won the title they were only taken to 7 games twice throughout that whole run 1992 vs the knicks in the 2nd round 1998 vs the pacers in the ecf when the pacers had the lead with about 6 mins left in the game.

they lost in 7 to the knicks in 94 when jordan was retired but thats about it.

I've always liked 1993 Bulls vs Suns ...

Charles Barkley getting on his knees ashamed ...
laugh.gif

Chi/Bos 2009 is second though ... its epic . The only way I can watch it from years to come though , is if we win . So we better win because I wanna watch theseries ten years from now .
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Greatest series of all time. If anything this series is a clear indicator that fundamentals are poor.

Best 1st round maybe. Come on. Can't be best series ever because it's capped due to being a 1st round series only.

Back
Top Bottom