Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here bought GM Royals?

What do you think of the pictures I uploaded?

Were yours as good as the original? 

I talked to someone and he said that his look and feel like the authentic version.

Mine was made in a completely different materials, but everything else were on point from the shape to the small details like the stitching. 

It could easily have passed off as authentic had they used the same material.

I feel like I got ******* scammed. 

I bought royals from rstor. Check my post in page 124. If you feel scammed then I feel much worse. Your pair is definitely better than mine.

And I am hesitant to have a refund or have another pair shipped cause of the customs fee (I am in philippines) which costs half of the price of the shoes. If I ship the shoes back and he sends another then that would take lots of money. Guess I'll just find a way to report him. *shrugs*

Word bruh bruh.
How much them thangs hit you for?

Anyone noticed the shipping cost varies for certain sneakers?

On a pair of Black/Red XI's the EMS shipping is 250yuan while for a pair of say hey Playoff XII's its only 30yuan EMS.

The ****?

I would guess dimensions of the two boxes are different? Also the weight as well.

But I have both the XII's and the XI's. The XII's are definitely a heavier and larger shoe all around. And its not like the price jumped a couple of dollars. The shipping on the XII's is $4.85 while on the XI's its $30.47. Thats a HUGE jump.

your talking about shipping in china. not the usa.

you think its gonna cost you $4.00 to ship to the USA? :rofl:

its gonna cost you $40-50 for any shoe regardless

Go to the page and look at the shipping costs. I'm not thinking anything, I'm going by what the site has. On one shoe, it shows shipping for china, and on the other it shows shipping for the united states? That wouldn't throw you off if you were about to order?

It was just throwing me off because something looked off.

They send you pictures of your Royals yet?

If I would stop buying retail kicks everytime I get a day off, I'd have ordered a pair of Royals by now :smh: :lol:

I bought royals from rstor. Check my post in page 124. If you feel scammed then I feel much worse. Your pair is definitely better than mine.

And I am hesitant to have a refund or have another pair shipped cause of the customs fee (I am in philippines) which costs half of the price of the shoes. If I ship the shoes back and he sends another then that would take lots of money. Guess I'll just find a way to report him. *shrugs*

How much did Customs charge you?

It's the nature of the beast of dealing directly with China. You win some, you lose some. I'd find a better agent.

What was the shipping charge when you bought direct, I'm pretty sure I know who you ordered through, I'm just not sure how different the price comes out.

Not sure what just shipping was. I paid $180 shipped via western union, which also charged me a $15 fee. So $195 shipped total. Thru an agent with my last pair of SJ, I think it was like $240ish shipped after agent and paypal fees.

Here are my space jams, pretty happy with them and they fit great for a 11.5. The only issue, is on both shoes, you can see the forward sole did not cover the CF plate fully, see 6th pic...

You paid $240.00 for these?? Am I buggin by thinking you shoulda added the extra and got a real pair? Cause these are bad, not knocking you but that's a lot of bread.

I think the funniest thing is most of the people that get mad about GM and fakes are the biggest resellers.  We know the GM pairs especially are going to affect their business.  They will first of all have their pairs scrutinized and they will lose some business from people who used to buy resell but don't any longer because of the market being flooded with GM and high quality fakes.  Then you have potential customers who will flock to GM pairs, because they are much cheaper and close enough to the legit pairs that they don't care.  I get why they would be the most upset over these, because money is being taken off their table.

It's also funny to me how the same people with an elitist attitude towards fakes and GM pairs can justify using bots and getting pairs through hookups (ie. stores holding pairs when they aren't allowed to).  If you use bots or are getting a hookup, you are breaking Nike's policy.  If you care that much about the legitimacy of Nike products, why are you acquiring them in a way that Nike deems not acceptable?  Why is cheating the system one way ok but not the other?  That's very hypocritical in my opinion, but I see lots of people that will call out people on fakes, but are acquiring their legit pairs through means that Nike does not support.  

Not sure what just shipping was. I paid $180 shipped via western union, which also charged me a $15 fee. So $195 shipped total. Thru an agent with my last pair of SJ, I think it was like $240ish shipped after agent and paypal fees.
You paid $240.00 for these?? Am I buggin by thinking you shoulda added the extra and got a real pair? Cause these are bad, not knocking you but that's a lot of bread.
Can someone get these kids out of this thread? Let them keep paying 500 dollars for their "authentics."

Here are my space jams, pretty happy with them and they fit great for a 11.5. The only issue, is on both shoes, you can see the forward sole did not cover the CF plate fully, see 6th pic...

View media item 518490View media item 518492View media item 518493View media item 518494View media item 518495View media item 518496View media item 518497
These look great tbh. As long as you're happy with the purchase, it doesn't matter that these cats are out there paying almost half a stack for "real" pairs.

Someone ban all these ******s that CAN'T READ THAT I PAID $180 SHIPPED :smh:

Besides the tad bit of carbon fiber not covered by the sole, these are on point. I am gonna rock em soon...

Last edited:
$195.00 western union fee.
So he paid 15 dollars over retail. What did you pay for your Space Jams? You enjoying those piss yellow soles? You gonna be mad when JB retros them in 3 years for the 20th anniversary of the movie and they have blue soles? You gonna pay $250 for them? I could do this all day...

So he paid 15 dollars over retail. What did you pay for your Space Jams? You enjoying those piss yellow soles? You gonna be mad when JB retros them in 3 years for the 20th anniversary of the movie and they have blue soles? You gonna pay $250 for them? I could do this all day...

For my pairs I paid retail, a week ahead of the release. Yellowing is not very bad. I hope they release them again for the 20th anniversary of the movie. I hope they do a nice little package with a toon squad jersey or something crazy like that. Ill get another two. Ill pay upwards of $275.00 for that. I don't care how homie spends his bread. But don't sit here and try to justify this nonsense. Cut it out.

539dcfbf_image_3.jpeg

Those 2 pods at the bottom are completely out of place too. But if people are actually satisfied with GM pairs then that's on them. I just simply stated my stance on the whole situation past few pages but no where did I target anyone specifically. At the end of the day, $240 isn't cheap for any sneaker, even JB retail is less then GM pairs so I just don't understand paying $200-240 for a shoe that is bound to have real flaws. with no peace of mind and probably didn't pass quality control *shurgs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom