Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy. The ones that came out from big name stores have a funny shape with a low patent leather cut and the ones like Taboa have a better patent leather cut and the shape looks better. It's reversed now. The authentic pair look fake while the "grey market" pair look just right.

I'm not gonna get technical about it, but like i've said before, if it didn't drop on the Release Day through an authorized store then it's most likely fake. All you gotta do is compare the Nike photos to the "Taobao" photos.
That's actually not true at all. If you look a couple pages back I posted some pics of the back of 4 different pairs of concords 2 were GM and 2 were retail official pairs. Indistinguishable, even more so than the royals that were just posted.

I just pulled my Space Jams out the closet and the patent is low cut. They were purchased at Finishline. The soles are yellowed now too. :smh:

Jchambers hit it right on the head. No silver/black lining behind that 23 to give it the shadow 3d look. If it is there, it is very minimal and not define. Also, jb didn't use the blue tint on the 2011 pairs.
false, the 2011 metallic 5s did have a slight blue tint. All of the 5s that came out that season did from what I recall. (Wolf grey, metallic, Independence Day). The 2006 pairs had no blue sole

those aj 1 red/black are $61 lol... yeah either they are knock offs are just cheap material to make.

Need someone else other than zyzz to confirm they are fakes, he have been saying everything is fake not sure if serious.  

Last edited:
Sad how the fake maker's are killin it.
I mean honestly isnt that what theyre aiming for. The point of the fake is to be the authentic without being the authentic.

You have coke and pepsi, but then there's RC cola lol

or theres dr pepper and mr pibb, then theres dr thunder

sort of the same thing

better example, take the iphone chargers you can get off ebay instead of going to at&t or verizon and paying $15-$20 or even going to apple store and paying $30

hopefully that made sense

those aj 1 red/black are $61 lol... yeah either they are knock offs are just cheap material to make.

Need someone else other than zyzz to confirm they are fakes, he have been saying everything is fake not sure if serious.  

those are fake bro, come on. plus look at the tag attached to the shoes...

here, some of you will enjoy this. share your thoughts. this is the high quality good fakes being torn apart

Am i the only one that wants to yell S T F U when someone calls GM shoes "high quality fakes". That would imply that the materials used in the shoes aren't the same and are inferior, even if only slightly so. But that isnt the case. It has been already established IN THIS THREAD that the materials are the same. If anything AAA quality replica's should be called "high-er" quality fakes. I think these shoes, atleast the ones made outside of production dates, should be called unauthorized duplicates, or unauthorized clones perhaps. That better describes the nature and background of these shoes. Anyone who's been in the sneaker game for a decent amount of time knows there is a clear cut definition for Replicas/Variant shoes. Factory variants lack the durability of a regular Nike product, as they sometimes lack cushioning, air, durable paint and sometimes-simple things such as comfort

"Whereas Authentic Air Jordans may have once been produced at some of these factories with a real Nike contract, nowadays most of these companies are producing fakes with stolen molds using much cheaper materials.  These Jordan Variants come in ridiculous colorways that never existed (and that should never exist), but also very realistic copies of existing colorways."

That is the long established (and accepted) definition of replica. These Unauthorized duplicates do not fit that that definition

The purpose of this thread is to define a grey market shoe so that they can be identifiable and find out as much about the (illegal) grey market shoe industry as possible. If you belive you know something that would contribute to giving a clear definition to these shoes please post it with the facts you have to support your claims. otherwise theyre just opinions. So please no more statements like " They're just high quality fakes" or "They look the same so they are the same" with out any supporting evidence. And no, analogies are not supporting evidence.

Last edited:
My 2 cents is that if Nike didn't make them, they're fake
Heres some news for you brother. Nike doesnt MAKE anything and Nike doesn't OWN any factories. So under that logic theyre all fake. Which obviously isnt true. This why so many posters are emphasizing the importance of the materials to differentiate between replica/fakes/variants and grey market shoes.

quoted and credit to Jchambers

Let me hip ya'll to something real quick that should clarify the issue and prove that there is no difference:

Does Nike run its own factories?

No, Nike does not own any of the factories where its shoes are produced; it contracts the work to various factory owners. Nike say it is in the business of "marketing" shoes, not making them. However, Nike dictates the terms to the contractor: the design, the materials, the price it will pay. While companies like Nike used to try to avoid responsibility for factory conditions by saying they were "just the buyer," the anti-sweatshop movement has made this excuse unacceptable and forced the retailers—who are, after all, the ones who make the greatest profit—take responsibility for the workers who make their products.

http://www.globalexchange.org/sweatfree/nike/faq

There are no official Nike factoriesNike doesn't own any of them. They contract the work out to these factories. So you don't think that there are some shady factory owners who will start the machines back up once they have fulfilled their obligations to Nike? I am sure that they have overstock of materials often.These kicks are identical to official Nike shoes because they are made in the exact same place,in the exact same way, with the exact same materials, by the exact same people. Don't kid yourselves, these kicks are exactly  the same.

Last edited:
All nike does is provide the blue print. Not the materials, not the machines, and the workforce. If i own a factory nike or any shoe company for that matter can contract me to make their shoes. At that point I can fill their order quantity send them their shoes. So whats stopping me from making more?

All nike does is provide the blue print. Not the materials, not the machines, and the workforce. If i own a factory nike or any shoe company for that matter can contract me to make their shoes. At that point I can fill their order quantity send them their shoes. So whats stopping me from making more?

Maybe wanting to keep that contract with Nike because that's probably where they see the most profit. You make it sound like Nike changes factories for every single release

Maybe wanting to keep that contract with Nike because that's probably where they see the most profit. You make it sound like Nike changes factories for every single release
There are multiple factories and im pretty sure nike assigns product lines, and specific releases to specific factories based on each factories capabilities (which nike determines well before contracting a factory). But if losing a contract obviously isnt a threat nike is imposing because these GM shoes are still being produced and Nike is doing absolutely nothing about it. 

This thread has good info on a lot of things and i just dont think u have read enough of whats goin on out there. This thread and the "early jordan release" thread (link was posted pages back) have insight from industry insiders...

Stuff on:
- semantics: gm vs authorized/real vs fake s b grade etx
- manufacturing distribution processes.
-mentions of the chinese political
Environment
- marketing and supply chain/operations
Mgmt

Allz u gotsta do is read up more bruh

you know what ive been on the fence (more towards the i dont care portion but still on the fence) until the factory portion of this conversation came up, now i seriously dont care and hell, if the XIs have OG PL cut i think that looks awesome, nike quality with OG form almost. i seriosuly wish knew where to get these GM shoes now cuz im tired of being raped for inferior products and would gladly pay someone less to rock the same shoe. I'VE BEEN CONVERTED lol but seriosuly the factory logic makes the GM shoes seem less bad than before.
Lol just keep in mind the production and sale of these shoes is still considered illegal. No one on NikeTalk is allowed to sell, or provided any kind of information in obtaining these shoes in anyway shape or form. You have to do that on your own.

This thread has good info on a lot of things and i just dont think u have read enough of whats goin on out there. This thread and the "early jordan release" thread (link was posted pages back) have insight from industry insiders...

Stuff on:
- semantics: gm vs authorized/real vs fake s b grade etx
- manufacturing distribution processes.
-mentions of the chinese political
Environment
- marketing and supply chain/operations
Mgmt

Allz u gotsta do is read up more bruh
Repp'd

This is exactly what ive been saying. People just aren't reading whats in this thread. Thats exactly why every time i state an important point that has already been mentioned i make it bold and or underline it because realistically i know people arent going to go back and look themselves. atleast now i know the info will stand out.

Agreed. I would just suck if the GM SELLERS
started shipping out blatant fakes.

Or if ur shipment ot seized by customs or something where unr out the money with nothing to show for it
These vendors wouldn't be in business very long if they started cheating their customers. Many of them have their own Youtube channels and have tons of subscribers. One bad review can ruin it all. Having your package seized by customs is a small risk, but it's extremely rare. From what I've seen and read, it only really happens in other foreign countries. The US customs is much more relaxed than Canada or UK.

Last edited:
Customs usually only seizes stuff (the shoes) when its outrageous traffic. Dont be an idiot and buy 5 shoes at a time and all 5 are gonna pass thru customs at the same time. Those dudes who order in bulk are just asking for it to get seized. And you have no control over how many people ordered a GM pair and how many pass that same customs inspection thats just luck of the draw but if they saw numerous pairs then they gonna think something is up.

The past 40 posts have been insightful.

Thanks everyone who helped with insight on my royals and added feedback on my legit check. I've just come to the conclusion that my Royals are GM. I'm going to try and get my money back from the seller or sell them as GM pairs (not authorized).

I'm glad a forum like NT exists, or else I would have been wearing my royals as if they were not GM. Once again, thanks guys.

The past 40 posts have been insightful.

Thanks everyone who helped with insight on my royals and added feedback on my legit check. I've just come to the conclusion that my Royals are GM. I'm going to try and get my money back from the seller or sell them as GM pairs (not authorized).

I'm glad a forum like NT exists, or else I would have been wearing my royals as if they were not GM. Once again, thanks guys.
This is what I don't understand though.... Your shoes aren't fake. They're the same thing you would have otherwise bought from Foot Locker or NDC. Why so quick to dump them? Does that really bother you that much that you're willing to sell a perfectly good pair of Royals? You'll never find those shoes again. And who's to say that if you do, THOSE aren't GMs?

Last edited:
It is against the rules to ask where or how to obtain GM shoes. Anyone making these kind of posts will be banned from the thread. Whatever your personal opinion on the subject is keep it to yourself. The purpose of this thread is to educate members about what the grey market is and to help protect members from obtaining these ILLEGAL products,Not to promote them. Anyone promoting GM shoes will be banned from the thread.
If you are not sure if what you are posting is against the rules then DON'T POST IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom