Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I don't understand though.... Your shoes aren't fake. They're the same thing you would have otherwise bought from Foot Locker or NDC. Why so quick to dump them? Does that really bother you that much that you're willing to sell a perfectly good pair of Royals? You'll never find those shoes again. And who's to say that if you do, THOSE aren't GMs?

I know they aren't fake. I just don't feel comfortable with them. Not about that GM life especially because I paid $300 for each pair. They look and feel exactly like the shoes FTL or NDC sell, but at the end of the day they aren't the sold by them. If someone is okay with GM pairs then I'll let them enjoy my DS pairs, but I'm not gonna lie and say they are from an authorized retailer.

I agree. It will be tough to find another 2-3 DS pairs of Royals that aren't GM, but I'm up for the challenge. I'll be much more satisfied when that day comes.

You know what I would love to see? A nike/JB rep have two or three pairs of each retro 1-XVII lined up and make them pick out which are authorizaed retail pairs, and which are GM. I feel like if the manufacturer can be fooled then this argument should be deaded. If they can't really tell which is which then that just proves the authenticity of the GM pairs. I'm not just talking about looking at them I mean taking out insoles, pointing out things that we wouldn't know. Serial numbers, stitching etc.

If they can tell them apart then maybe we should rethink this GM stuff. If they can't, then GM is truly Nike/JB product just made after production should have ceased.

Last edited:
You know what I would love to see? A nike/JB rep have two or three pairs of each retro 1-XVII lined up and make them pick out which are authorizaed retail pairs, and which are GM. I feel like if the manufacturer can be fooled then this argument should be deaded. If they can't really tell which is which then that just proves the authenticity of the GM pairs. I'm not just talking about looking at them I mean taking out insoles, pointing out things that we wouldn't know. Serial numbers, stitching etc.

If they can tell them apart then maybe we should rethink this GM stuff. If they can't, then GM is truly Nike/JB product just made after production should have ceased.
That'd be a great idea but will NEVER happen. There's too much at stake for JB/Nike if their own employee cant tell the difference

They most probably won't be able to tell. I thought of a genius way to confirm if shoes are legit and a profitable way for Nike. Wish I could present my idea to Nike and JB.

That'd be a great idea but will NEVER happen. There's too much at stake for JB/Nike if their own employee cant tell the difference

All the more reason for this GM stuff to be deaded. If they can't tell the difference then it's either the product is so ******, that a variant is similar in quality or the products are the exact same and there is no difference.

They most probably won't be able to tell. I thought of a genius way to confirm if shoes are legit and a profitable way for Nike. Wish I could present my idea to Nike and JB.

Present it to us we would love to know.

they are the shoes being cut in the half in pictures posted in this thread

they are 100% fake but very very very good ones at that
are they cutting it apart to show the tech in the shoe or are they showcasing how amazing that knife was. It appears as if that knife is made of plastic and it cut through that shoe with ease. I'm sold on the knife.

You're pretty much right on posting retail pairs and getting them picked apart down to every last imperfection now. 

Last edited:
I think GM shoes could be as good as authentics. I'm just not willing to pay retail or higher for them. For half price, I might buy...

I think GM shoes could be as good as authentics. I'm just not willing to pay retail or higher for them. For half price, I might buy...
If theyre AS good its not unreasonable to pay AS much. If you want to pay half the  price you better ready to accept half the quality. Stick with replicas buddy

Last edited:
they are the shoes being cut in the half in pictures posted in this thread

they are 100% fake but very very very good ones at that

are they cutting it apart to show the tech in the shoe or are they showcasing how amazing that knife was. It appears as if that knife is made of plastic and it cut through that shoe with ease. I'm sold on the knife.

its probably a ceramic or some kind of tough knife :lol: i have one like that but its orange :lol:

anyways as the guy a few pages asking if they were fake, i have the DMP pack 1;s and the tag on the inside with the date and score is white/red and on the fakes it black.

now im not an expert so im guessing its supposed to be white since mine were bought from another collector around when they dropped and they were from FTL

If theyre AS good its not unreasonable to pay AS much. If you want to pay half the  price you better ready to accept half the quality. Stick with replicas buddy
Half the price may be extreme, however when you pay full price from an authorized retailer you have the knowledge that the shoe IS authentic and a return policy in place if you are not satisfied with the product. With GM you get what you get and have to deal with it.

Half the price may be extreme, however when you pay full price from an authorized retailer you have the knowledge that the shoe IS authentic and a return policy in place if you are not satisfied with the product. With GM you get what you get and have to deal with it.
Not if you pay with paypal 
wink.gif

Last edited:
Not if you pay with paypal 
wink.gif

have fun paying $50 to ship shoes back with tracking to china/asia with your OWN money

According to some people on NT some places dont allo you to return new releases. But yeah i agree with you. You could always sell your GM pair and be HONEST about them and advertise its GM and not try to dupe anyone. Someone would buy it granted that its identical to the "authorized" pair. You could get some money back

have fun paying $50 to ship shoes back with tracking to china/asia with your OWN money
Doesnt paypal instantly refund for the most part, for counterfeit claims atleast? 

no, you have to prove to them they are fake and even then they still might require you to return the item. now how are most people gonna get proof the item is fake?

the problem lies right there..

just dont buy GM if you cant deal with the maybe sometimes minor imperfections or arent too sure about the shoes in general. the shoes arent fake so to say but hey thats up to you guys to decide, its your money.

im not buying the stuff but its your money, your hobby. do w/e the hell you want but dont come in here crying or making threads trying to get your money back.

According to some people on NT some places dont allo you to return new releases. But yeah i agree with you. You could always sell your GM pair and be HONEST about them and advertise its GM and not try to dupe anyone. Someone would buy it granted that its identical to the "authorized" pair. You could get some money back
I've never had that problem but I usually only buy from the big chains, NDC FNL FTL family Modell's etc... And I am assuming when I say if the defect was serious enough Nike would stand behind the authorized retailers if there was a problem.

all nike would do is tell you to send them in for a voucher, it happened to me before on a pair of Jordans. they came flawed pretty bad and i contacted nike and they were like if you want, send them in and if they clear inspection we will give you a voucher.

i just said nah and kept them. it was a pair of VI's i think

So about those bred DMP 1s they posted awhile back, if those are GM and are actually for sale their are some minor issues i noticed right away. For one, for anyone who said the tag with the points on the inside of the tag was wrong, is correct. that tag is wrong

Real

dscf0256x.jpg

GM 

T2xmeUXctbXXXXXXXX_!!179985573.jpg

Also the Jumpman Air tag on the tongue is wrong. The DMP 1 tag is supposed to be black with a red Jumpman Air.

dscf0255.jpg

If anything at best these GM breds displayed are "frankenstein" Because after looking at my high strap bred 1s and comparing them to my DMP1s it seems that the GM is a combination of the 2. The High Strap bred 1s from 2008 have the jumpman with the with the white Air on the tongue. Actually the high strap Bred 1s were the only bred 1s to feature any white on the tag on the front and hasnt been used since their release Also these seen to have the red of the High strap bred 1s as opposed to the brighter red of the DMP pack. Heres a picture of my high strap 1s below for reference.

T209jcXhxaXXXXXXXX_!!179985573.jpg

Last edited:
all nike would do is tell you to send them in for a voucher, it happened to me before on a pair of Jordans. they came flawed pretty bad and i contacted nike and they were like if you want, send them in and if they clear inspection we will give you a voucher.

i just said nah and kept them. it was a pair of VI's i think

What good is a voucher for a shoe that is sold out everywhere?

Are box sizes the same for 10.5 Royals and 9.5 Black Toes? I may have found a way to determine what is authorized vs. grey market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom