Groupon is a DISASTER... Vol. Pump and Dump in effect... are we in another tech-bubble?

everyone is now saying that they should have sold to google ... if someone gravedigs that thread ... i bet the same people in here laughing are the ones saying nah ... it's gonna be worth even more when they go public ...  

GEMS FROM THE THREAD:

They don't really need the press. They already have roughly 35 million registered users. Especially when you consider that their userbase tripled this summer alone they are looking at huge growth potential. And their cash flow is already relatively high. They can definitely demand more. Those of you who say they took an L just have no idea about buyouts and take overs at all.

http://niketalk.com/topic/277311/Groupon-turns-down-6-BILLION-buyout-from-Google?page=3

ehhh ... won't even make a hindsight comment ... but obviously we know of the accounting mess that is GROUPON ... speaking of that ... i need to honor my deal ASAP
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by oO Master Chief Oo

Meh, if I get in on the launch, I won't be holding it more than a couple of hours.

Exactly I held general motors stock for like 30 min b4 I dumped, that was the easiest money I ever made I was on the couch watching archer eating guacamole
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

IPO's are great...still mad I didn't have the cash to get in on Zillow, though.That thing was a beast.

My question is how were you able to buy into the IPO or did you buy it on the secondary market? Matter of fact GM didn't pop when it went public. Something isn't adding up.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by Cant Break The Unbreakable

Being first is so overrated now.  In a lot of cases who does it best > first.  Or who has more resources or user base > first

I had to quote this... This is the argument I make with people saying apple steals from android.

well said.

its easy to say they souldt hve passed on th 6 billie, but the company was valued at 25 bills a one point...

300% more...

cant blame them if they didnt see the end coming so swftly if you got 25 bills chillin in the compay.

I was set to buy as many share as I could afford, until I read a report that they do not report adversing (a major cost for them) as an expenditure. Merchants don't make money from groupon so there is no point for them to use the service.

Anybody get in. I was tryin to put my limit in at 10:46
30t6p3b.gif
Should have did it before it started trading.

Originally Posted by RedMan

Exactly I held general motors stock for like 30 min b4 I dumped, that was the easiest money I ever made I was on the couch watching archer eating guacamole
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

IPO's are great...still mad I didn't have the cash to get in on Zillow, though.That thing was a beast.

My question is how were you able to buy into the IPO or did you buy it on the secondary market? Matter of fact GM didn't pop when it went public. Something isn't adding up.
I didnt buy directly into the ipo, it was on ipo day but 2hrs later and i did it on scottrade

i got into the Groupon ipo order was executed at 10:45, I was up at 630 am today working this and two min later i was up 400

^You're staying in or selling? I would've been in if I wasn't trying to eat before class.

so it debuted @ $28 a share..definitely higher than the original $14-18 proposed. peaked at around $31.14 and went back to $28. so I'm not so upset I didnt buy. I was only gonna hold for the peak today anyways.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by proper english

cliffs..
Groupon stay emailing me useless #$%^ such as 50% off Brazilian wax vouchers..

i cut my ties with them a long time ago. 

They were STUPID AS HELL for not taking google's 6 billion. I don't know WHO were their advisors.
Their business model is SUPER easy to replicate and people are already eating off their plate.

There is no brand loyalty in the deal game...its a DEAL after all...what did they expect?

And on top of that they're cooking the books like steak was on the grill
30t6p3b.gif

Wait Google came through and offered 6 billion? This plus the google network means just growth everywhere. Now its over. Idiots 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by RedMan

Didn't GM only go up about $1 per share before closing more than $1 below the IPO price? (Correction: IPO was $33, trading started at $35 and reached a high of $35.99 with a closing price of $34.19.) Dude must have had some serious bankroll involved in that transaction to make a decent amount of money.

why do u guys assume i made a killing or something i only made like 200 dollars the point was that  relative to my slave %$% job it took no effort, i learned about it that day and it was only like 20 min worth of work

Back
Top Bottom