Growing Hair Out

What type of Products do you guys use to keep it looking Good(NH)...Ive been Using Coconut Oil....but mann that #@!$ gets tooo Oilly...and gel its gets toohard, and flaky...

What do you recommend? for wavy/Curly type hair?

The worst part about growing your hair out is that awful ugly stage that you HAVE to go through I would say the best thing to do is keep it clean.

Originally Posted by pr1nts

i'm growing my hair out right now. it has a while to go until it is the length i want it and right now i think it looks terrible. every day i debate whether i should leave it or just drive down to the barbershop and get a #2 all around
ohwell.gif
Just gotta decide whether or not you want to stick with it, going through "that stage" sucks.

I've grown my hair out, cut it, repeat, my Junior and Senior years in HS and my Freshman year in college. The best advice I can give is rarely shampoo yourand brush it alot. Your head produces a oil, shampooing too much will make your hair dry and brittle, brushing will spread the oil through out your hair.

OP.. All you need is Proper Nutrition to Grow your hair out faster. Add some multivitamins to your diet, the one i used helped me grow my hair way faster thanusual.

Dudes is talking about growing their hair when I am trying to find a decent barber near my school to cut my @$#*...

Been growing mine as well. Wanna see if I can get it as long as it was when I was younger. My only tips:

Wash you hair every 7-10 day( for black people)
Make sure scalp is mousturized.
Use coconut oil.

Im growin mine out too. My problem is I dont wanna touch it until its as long as i want it but damn my sideburns is lookin crazy. haha

Grew mine from a #1 all around starting last September, and lasted until late July, my hair was about 7 1/2 inches long. I don't think there is anythingyou could do to speed the process up.

Now after having my hair short through the fall and most of the winter, i'm growing it back out again. January 5th i shaved it with a 1 all around andhaven't touched it since. i'm not really in the awkward stage yet, just the messy stage...i dont plan on cutting it until May 2010...the hardest partis going to be looking like a hot mess through the summer, but if i can make it too September ill be set until next spring.

I'm growing and I'm not.

Make it so it seems as if you don't have a haircut, But you actually do.

Ala Danny Granger / Douglas Funny.

When I was growing my hair out everyone said if you got your hair trimmed every once in a while it grows back faster.
true. by cutting off the dead ends, your hair is healthier therefore will grow better. but as mentioned, there's nothing you can take to makeit grow faster, just time. In most cases hair grows 1/3 -1/2 an inch per month. personally i only get hair cuts every year to year and a half. just let it goand don't think about it, and my hairs been past my shoulders for years.

now growing a huge beard, there's an annoying process...

Originally Posted by luvkicks

When I was growing my hair out everyone said if you got your hair trimmed every once in a while it grows back faster.
true. by cutting off the dead ends, your hair is healthier therefore will grow better. but as mentioned, there's nothing you can take to make it grow faster, just time. In most cases hair grows 1/3 -1/2 an inch per month. personally i only get hair cuts every year to year and a half. just let it go and don't think about it, and my hairs been past my shoulders for years.

now growing a huge beard, there's an annoying process...

This is now my mission.

Ive been growin my hair since 05.
herbalGro.jpg

Ive used this and also the coconut oil from the same company.

Back
Top Bottom