Halo 4 Thread| The Pit Returns Aug.20

How exactly did you do this?
Go to the main menu (where you choose between campaign or infinity) and scroll down to XBL Marketplace...Crimson should automatically be there for 0 MS points and then you just select confirm purchase.
Thanks I guess I can't get it for 0 points because it said 800 points..
Turn your xbox off and try it again. This happened to people and they kept doing that and it worked. You might have to clear your cache too

Read that you possibly have to enter the specialization code if you got one and if that still doesn't work, delete the halo 4 title update off of your xbox, start halo, update again, and click marketplace and it should work.

Last edited:
There's a possibility that you may have needed to input the Specializations code in order for this to work.

me thinks they did it on purpose to generate interest to a game that has been pretty low in online activity compared to bo2

i use mostly the assault rifle. just got done playing big team battle on the new map called wreckage. needless to say i was gang raped by a bunch of BR's. much fun was not had :lol:

There's a possibility that you may have needed to input the Specializations code in order for this to work.

This is true

I was doing everything like caching my xbox hard drive, turning it off/on, etc. Then gave up on trying to get the map pack for free and went back to trying to level up.
I reached level 70 today and there was a level cap. So I googled and found out that Microsoft was emailing people "gifts" with a link to the Specialization code that'll remove the level 70 cap. So I followed it through and now I'm lvl 71 and can download the Crimson Map pack for free (which I did). :smokin :smokin

i literally did all this like few minutes ago so its still possible to download for free...

so look in your email that's registered with your Xbox live account and redeem that code!

Last edited:
Haven't played Halo in awhile... when you're crouched, are you hidden from the radar? If so, can you move around while crouched and be hidden?

The free map pack thing was intentional.

Access will be revoked next Tuesday unless you pay.

The free map pack thing was intentional.

Access will be revoked next Tuesday unless you pay.
Which I will not be cause these maps suck.

MLG started their playtesting a few days ago these are what theyre looking at in terms of loadouts (subject to change)

Infinity 1

Battle Rifle
Magnum
2x Frag Grenades
Resupply
Explosives
Thruster

Infinity 2

Battle Rifle
Magnum
2x Frag Grenades
Resupply
Explosives
Jetpack

Infinity 3

Battle Rifle
Magnum
2x Frag Grenades
Resupply
Explosives
Hardlight Shield

Infinity 4

Battle Rifle
Magnum
2x Frag Grenades
Resupply
Explosives
Regeneration Field

Infinity 5

Battle Rifle
Magnum
2x Frag Grenades
Resupply
Explosives
Hologram

4 DMRs on each map

2 LRs on each map (if applicable)

Carbines and ARs still on map, as well as the other main weapons.

POD:

Left - Concussion Rifle
Down - Railgun
Right - Sticky Detonator

BR starts with DMRs on the map, exactly what I wanted, hope it stays that way.

^yea I'm not paying for those maps either. Waste of $10 for me...

The Crimson pack was lame in my opinion. It was difficult to complain for something that was free at the time but no map left an impression. They were too large for 4v4, hell even 6v6 was stretched. More small memorable maps are required at this point. Throw a retro in there.

That sad thing is that there are so many big maps yet no assualt or real CTF (8vs8). It makes no sense to have huge maps and no objective games in them.

Last edited:
The lack of small maps makes me feel like they're punishing the people who actually like to use guns.

they want it to be call of halo 4.

long range battles from across the map and just stupidness all around.

i stopped playing heavily and i really planned to go in for this game. :rolleyes

change just for change is stupid.

drops instead of weapon spaws was a fail idea.
no respawn time was a fail idea ("press x to finish off the opponent who just killed you")
you can't even teabig anyone :lol:
there was literally something special about dying in halo and having to step it up while waiting 10 seconds for the monotone beep.
dmr needs nerf
maps need to be smaller

:frown: I don't think they'll ever fix these things which means it might be time for a new game.. :smh:

You guys have to just look at this game for what it is, a gap filler for Halo 5. I've gotten used to it, and BTB is honestly where this game shines the most so its what I play the most of.

4v4 wont be manageable until March if it gets fixed at all and all the maps will have to be forge maps. I saw a couple more remakes that were solid. 343 really needs to start taking forged maps and dropping them in playlists along with custom gametypes. People have rigged Griffball to where it actually works like Assault, that needs to come in.

Instant Respawn has moved to the top of my list as things I dont like. 4v4 Slayer is ruined theres no penalty for deaths. Most of the other stuff doesnt really bug me that much, accepted it for what it is.

Yup, drop pods with random weapons is a complete failed idea. The load outs were bad enough but that sends it over the edge for me. The whole point of halo was that everyone starts equal and then the race for map control begins. Now I fell like its just complete randomness. Snipers and rockets due to random pods or random ordinance choices lol trash. The game went from being chess to candyland.

The ammo distribution is horrible. I sometimes just want to kill myself to re up. The life bars are also terrible. Vehicle balance, or lack there of, ruin some games. If a team grabs the tank, goss, and banshee it's a wrap.

The rankings mean nothing and just encourage people to play all day. Win or lose you gain almost the same amount of points. Spec ops is the best way to earn a large amount of points for half the time. This leads to a lack of competitiveness of the game. Seems like nobody cares or has a mic (yes I know that's not 343's fault)

Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but just not respectable IMO. BTW, I play the same 3-4 maps every game. It's boring now, I feel like I'm done with the game for now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom