Halo: Reach - 9.14.2010... thoughts?

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by knightngale

I feel this game is b etter suited for lone wolves like myself. The only times I have gotten slaughtered is in double team.

You can't play team deathmatch with random people in this game.. Unless you happen to be playing against a team that is full of random people who don't know each other as well. The team games in this game are really team games. In Modern Warfare 2 you can join a random team deathmatch and still do well even if you're playing against a clan. In this one, they're always walking 3-4 together, at least 2. And there is no way you can kill both of them like you can in MW2 even if you catch them from behind. That's why it's best to play the team oriented games only when you're with your friends, otherwise stick to regular slayer.
^ this
i hate how i cant play this game how i want i usually always roll solo and stay away from my teammates but in reach it seems like u need at least one person with u, and still trying to get the timing correct on my dmr im still kind of inconsistent with it but the game overall is
pimp.gif
bungie never fails
Gt: B00Gi3 D0WN add me

I feel this game is b etter suited for lone wolves like myself. The only times I have gotten slaughtered is in double team.

You can't play team deathmatch with random people in this game.. Unless you happen to be playing against a team that is full of random people who don't know each other as well. The team games in this game are really team games. In Modern Warfare 2 you can join a random team deathmatch and still do well even if you're playing against a clan. In this one, they're always walking 3-4 together, at least 2. And there is no way you can kill both of them like you can in MW2 even if you catch them from behind. That's why it's best to play the team oriented games only when you're with your friends, otherwise stick to regular slayer.
^ this
i hate how i cant play this game how i want i usually always roll solo and stay away from my teammates but in reach it seems like u need at least one person with u, and still trying to get the timing correct on my dmr im still kind of inconsistent with it but the game overall is
pimp.gif
bungie never fails
Gt: B00Gi3 D0WN add me

LOL @ all the complaints against the DMR. DMR is dope, just has a high learning curve separating the weak players from the descent to the beast players.

There's a certain rhythm you have to use to shoot for specific distances. That little circle inside the reticule will tell you everything.

And to the dude that said DMR > BR, I'd have to disagree.

BR = 4 headshots
DMR= 4 body shots and 1 headshot, along with spread. (DMR is more fun though)

Also with the DMR, you guys should be aiming for the upper chest, not the head. Get their shield down (takes 4 body shots), then pop them in the head with the final shot once your reticule has settled. Watch some videos and learn how people are killing you so easily.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I don't. I just keep it on their head the whole time and keep firing, if you wait you'll probably end up dead.

^ Don't listen to this guy.

LOL @ all the complaints against the DMR. DMR is dope, just has a high learning curve separating the weak players from the descent to the beast players.

There's a certain rhythm you have to use to shoot for specific distances. That little circle inside the reticule will tell you everything.

BR = 4 headshots

Also with the DMR, you guys should be aiming for the upper chest, not the head. Get their shield down (takes 4 body shots), then pop them in the head with the final shot once your reticule has settled. Watch some videos and learn how people are killing you so easily.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I don't. I just keep it on their head the whole time and keep firing, if you wait you'll probably end up dead.

^ Don't listen to this guy.

Man we were playing headshots only and I was BODYING PEOPLE with the DMR.
pimp.gif

Man we were playing headshots only and I was BODYING PEOPLE with the DMR.
pimp.gif

I STILL haven't even started the campaign, just been busy playing Firefight and Multiplayer, it's fun as hell

I STILL haven't even started the campaign, just been busy playing Firefight and Multiplayer, it's fun as hell

I found it harder to get kills against organized teams in halo 3. The grenades are like extra teammates if you can use them right. They seem more potent in t his game.

I found it harder to get kills against organized teams in halo 3. The grenades are like extra teammates if you can use them right. They seem more potent in t his game.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

BR = 4 headshots

That was me and I disagree. I did say BR is better than DMR but that was in my personal preference.

I feel the Needle Rifle, although weaker, allows you to shoot at a slighter quicker speed, add the explosion into the mix and they are equally potent at mid-range distances. Close quarters & long-range (no longer have to lead like in Halo 3), DMR takes the crown. Personally, I think the DMR should be more balanced. It is equally good at all distances, whereas the BR lacked in the longer range. I wished Bungie would have either toned down its potency at distances or kept the BR in the game because I believe it would have balanced out more favorably.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

BR = 4 headshots

That was me and I disagree. I did say BR is better than DMR but that was in my personal preference.

I feel the Needle Rifle, although weaker, allows you to shoot at a slighter quicker speed, add the explosion into the mix and they are equally potent at mid-range distances. Close quarters & long-range (no longer have to lead like in Halo 3), DMR takes the crown. Personally, I think the DMR should be more balanced. It is equally good at all distances, whereas the BR lacked in the longer range. I wished Bungie would have either toned down its potency at distances or kept the BR in the game because I believe it would have balanced out more favorably.

When i use the DMR in swat i don't zoom in and have the reticule half way above their head.

I noticed people really suck on this halo
laugh.gif
I must be playing people who've played halo for the first time ever.

When i use the DMR in swat i don't zoom in and have the reticule half way above their head.

I noticed people really suck on this halo
laugh.gif
I must be playing people who've played halo for the first time ever.

Wack game.. they tried too hard, over doing stuff..like the jet pack and etc. Although the campaign is pretty good..other than not a fan of online play.

Wack game.. they tried too hard, over doing stuff..like the jet pack and etc. Although the campaign is pretty good..other than not a fan of online play.

Back
Top Bottom