Happy 9th Anniversary Niketalk!

Nelson C - Thanks for creating my favorite website on earth!

Wanna give a shout out to sdubl, mel0nhead, craxbax, WilderShoe, ffighter, and my dude Sik Wit It!

To everybody else thanks for the memories these last 4 years I've been here. Many more to come!!!

smile.gif
yay

learned a lot from other nt members and gotten a lot of info as well... thanks nt
happy 9th anniversary nt
pimp.gif

When I clicked on this thread and sawr a Nelson C. sighting, I Jizzed in my Pants.......
10h54zl.gif

Nah but seriously, NT is great. Can't believe it has been that long already.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Damn, 9 years? Congrats NT.

In the last 2 years I've been here (had a sn before this), NT helped me gain lots of info on not only shoes (my shoe collection has greatly improved sinceI came to NT), but info on the world and stuff I would not normally expect to hear about. Also shouts out to the members, that make NT, NT. To the guys whodrop info and/or show off what they wore today at sneaker showcase (like the team AM Fam and AF1 dudes), to the guys who bring news and lulz at the General, tothe guys who post their favorite music in the Music forum, to the guys who drop info about their local areas in the Regional Threads, to the guys who drop infoon upcoming and past kicks via Nike/JB/Other forums (well the JB Forum has been a bit doo doo in recent times), to the customizers, to the photographers, tothe OG and (serious) Young Sneaker Collectors, to the drama starters (which sometimes bring lulz to NT), to the ones I forgot to mention (except hypebeasts andmean resellers), shouts out to you.
pimp.gif

Here's to 9 more years of NT.

Lubins_Bday_Dinner_A_Toast.gif

Originally Posted by wanksta23

HBD NT!!!

btw Nelson, what have you been up to? do you still check out NT daily?

I do check NT regularly. Lately, in the last few months it's been 2-3 times a week. I check out the Nike, Retro, JB, Sports and General forums usually.Sometimes I get on here and see things I wish I hadn't (Jordan 2009...) I don't have much to say as I'm a fairly low key guy but I'm around,yeah. Also I don't want to come off as the old man in KB/MJ/NBA threads. But if I may, I feel the league isn't where it once was in terms of quality.It's like the league set the game to score and the defense tab to minimum. The Glove (of all people) made some good points in his interview on the Yahoo!BDL Blog:
BDL: Switching gears, what's the biggest difference you've seen in the game, since you first came into the league?

GP: The toughness. Basketball has reverted over to, "Let's just score points." Let's make our fans see that our NBA is entertainment. [The NBA] is more entertainment now. When I came in [to the league] we had the Xavier McDaniel's, the Charles Barkley's, the Isaiah's, the Laimbeer's ...

BDL: The Charles Oakley's.

GP: The Oakley's. Them guys were rough guys coming into the league, and they wanted to make basketball a rough sport, a serious sport. [The game] was more about defense and that type of basketball. Now a days [league executives] want it to be a show. After the strike, things went down in the NBA. David Stern wanted to bring [the league] back up, to bring fans back in, so he started changing rules, so the fans saw more of a highlight [based game] than a rough and grind game, because he doesn't want that to be the image of the NBA.

BDL: Do you think the game has gone stale?

GP: I don't think stale. Like I said, it's more of an entertainment. I wish some of the rules would come back, so that you could touch them [without being called for a foul] ... It's very hard to control Lebron James or Kobe Bryant, if you can't touch 'em. They're too good ... I think the only old-school player left out there is Tim Duncan.

Are LBJ and KB talented? Yes, of course. Do the present rules allow them to look better than they are? I believe so. I also seriously believe a prime MJwould avg 42 a game right now. There's no doubt in my mind. But I wouldn't want to see it. I prefer the old days of hard nosed D, the days when 40+ ptsmeant work, and not trips to the FT line.

Overall GP did a good job summing up my thoughts, only I'd add in AI and KG as old school type players. I still enjoy watching basketball, but in thelast few years I've taken up tennis quite seriously. It's almost replaced basketball as the sport that I actually play. Saves my Js too. Scuffing apair of Air Max Breathe Frees isn't nearly as bad as creasing my Space Jams. A certain number 45 wasn't afraid to try something new and neither am I, Ireally enjoy it. But get me near a basketball court and I'll try to shoot fadeaways and make free throws with my eyes closed all afternoon. My love forbasketball will never go away.

Originally Posted by I Love AF1

Damn, 9 years? Congrats NT.

In the last 2 years I've been here (had a sn before this), NT helped me gain lots of info on not only shoes (my shoe collection has greatly improved since I came to NT), but info on the world and stuff I would not normally expect to hear about. Also shouts out to the members, that make NT, NT. To the guys who drop info and/or show off what they wore today at sneaker showcase (like the team AM Fam and AF1 dudes), to the guys who bring news and lulz at the General, to the guys who post their favorite music in the Music forum, to the guys who drop info about their local areas in the Regional Threads, to the guys who drop info on upcoming and past kicks via Nike/JB/Other forums (well the JB Forum has been a bit doo doo in recent times), to the customizers, to the photographers, to the OG and (serious) Young Sneaker Collectors, to the drama starters (which sometimes bring lulz to NT), to the ones I forgot to mention (except hypebeasts and mean resellers), shouts out to you.
pimp.gif

Here's to 9 more years of NT.

Lubins_Bday_Dinner_A_Toast.gif

Well Said.

happy 9th niketalk...
i can still remember the night of 12/9 setting this up and going live on 12/10...
kudos to all who helped then, and over the last nine years,
thanks to our community for making it exactly what the title says, the ULTIMATE online community,
and a special thanks to those who have contributed, allowing niketalk to have a credible level of philanthopy...
cheers!

Happy birthday NikeTalk (happy anniversary as well). I'm damn proud to be a part of this forum. A big thanks to Nelson C., Method Man, Dirty & all theother mods & admins who take care of this place.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom