Has anyone else been using StockX?

All I can tell you is to proceed with caution. I think some sellers use that site to unload defective pairs, and in that case DS means nothing.

That Same thing happened to me from Stockx when I got a pair of OVO black 12s in 2017

The shoes were dead stock but the suede was all scratched up The shoes where not factory laced
I chalked it up
I ended up wearing them and I did get them at a good pric
Did you email stock x about your shoes

For what it’s worth my pair shipped out finally. Bought on the 25th, verified 27th, shipped today.

That Same thing happened to me from Stockx when I got a pair of OVO black 12s in 2017

The shoes were dead stock but the suede was all scratched up The shoes where not factory laced
I chalked it up

Yea, they gave me a discount off my next purchase. But I won’t be buying anything from there for a while, though.

Yea, they gave me a discount off my next purchase. But I won’t be buying anything from there for a while, though.

They offered me the same crap at the time I told a person by phone they could keep their offer of $50.00 off my next order

in the end I gave stock x another chance since then I have ordered 9 pairs of sneakers

Not sure what it's worth, but I'm at 460+ transactions (or 500+ if you include all the cancellations).

I've received noticeably used pairs twice, size 10 in a size 9 box (purchased size 9), one time UPS delivered to some other random location, and one time they sent me two pairs when I only ordered one pair. About 1 in 11 or 12 orders has been cancelled so far, usually when the price goes up soon after my bid was accepted (they stopped keeping track of them in the history section of their site at some point fall 2017, but I still have all the e-mails). They also stopped giving coupons to buyers for cancelled orders even though that's the reason they have stated on their FAQ's for charging sellers fees. I also randomly get switched back and forth between 2-day shipping and Ground (which is over a week from Detroit or NJ). Also, my last purchase came all the way from the UK, so that was about 2 weeks in shipping alone.

I had to file a charge-back once when I placed a bid for one number and they sold to me at twice the bid (their app was having other issues at the time as well). They told me I was banned forever, but they didn't ban me and the next day they said they were making a one-time exception for me.

Worst problem I've had was as a seller when I bought a Supreme piece, left it in their sealed packaging, sold the piece again and they told me it was used even though I had never even opened it and they shipped it to me in a sealed package. They ended up having me ship it back to them and honoring the payout after they looked into it (although they again said "this is a one-time exception").

It's not all problems, obviously I use them quite a bit, just wanted to share the few stories I've had along the way.

Noticed stockx charging sales tax now...
I don't see it on mine. Maybe only in states where they have a physical presence? Arizona, Michigan, and New Jersey? Can you show a screen cap of where it shows sales tax?

I don't see it on mine. Maybe only in states where they have a physical presence? Arizona, Michigan, and New Jersey? Can you show a screen cap of where it shows sales tax?
I am in Washington. No sales tax whatsoever when i used them since they started. Just happened to see the sales tax today.

I just checked and I’m getting sales taxes when I put bids in as well. I’m in MA. Hopefully will help me cop less. I’ve overall had good luck on StockX, selling (sold some free throw line 3s and got a double payout) and buying but with all the stories I figure it’s only a matter of time before I have a bad dealing too. Seems too easy to off DS pairs with flaws and as a seller I guess that’s cool but as a buyer you have no recourse and that sucks, especially if you’re buying an expensive pair.

Not sure what it's worth, but I'm at 460+ transactions (or 500+ if you include all the cancellations).

I've received noticeably used pairs twice, size 10 in a size 9 box (purchased size 9), one time UPS delivered to some other random location, and one time they sent me two pairs when I only ordered one pair. About 1 in 11 or 12 orders has been cancelled so far, usually when the price goes up soon after my bid was accepted (they stopped keeping track of them in the history section of their site at some point fall 2017, but I still have all the e-mails). They also stopped giving coupons to buyers for cancelled orders even though that's the reason they have stated on their FAQ's for charging sellers fees. I also randomly get switched back and forth between 2-day shipping and Ground (which is over a week from Detroit or NJ). Also, my last purchase came all the way from the UK, so that was about 2 weeks in shipping alone.

I had to file a charge-back once when I placed a bid for one number and they sold to me at twice the bid (their app was having other issues at the time as well). They told me I was banned forever, but they didn't ban me and the next day they said they were making a one-time exception for me.

Worst problem I've had was as a seller when I bought a Supreme piece, left it in their sealed packaging, sold the piece again and they told me it was used even though I had never even opened it and they shipped it to me in a sealed package. They ended up having me ship it back to them and honoring the payout after they looked into it (although they again said "this is a one-time exception").

It's not all problems, obviously I use them quite a bit, just wanted to share the few stories I've had along the way.

holy crap..you've bought from stockx over 400 times?

for cancelled orders, they probably want to erase all possible traces of the order because the seller flaked and they allowed them to. about alternating shipping speeds, I noticed the pairs I've gotten from their AZ facility come UPS 2nd day air. guessing because its further away.

holy crap..you've bought from stockx over 400 times?

for cancelled orders, they probably want to erase all possible traces of the order because the seller flaked and they allowed them to. about alternating shipping speeds, I noticed the pairs I've gotten from their AZ facility come UPS 2nd day air. guessing because its further away.

350+ completed purchases, 110+ sales (I sell mostly through Flight Club).

They definitely want to not remind buyers of cancelled sales because buyers have zero recourse, unlike other sites where you can at least leave negative feedback and mark a seller as a flake or scammer. On Stockx, any seller can create a new account and they're on the same level ground as a veteran, reputable seller. For better or worse, eBay is a buyer centered marketplace and Stockx is a seller centered marketplace (although a poorly run one in that respect).

350+ completed purchases, 110+ sales (I sell mostly through Flight Club).

Damn, you do a hell of alotta business with StockX. I thought I was relatively active on there with 73 sales (0 purchases, since I refuse to pay resell).

On a different note, have your Flight Club sales drastically slowed down over the past few months? Mine have

How does this sales tax affect sellers? Is Stockx now reporting all sales to the govt? Outside of payout method it's a pretty anonymous selling platform.

I chalked it up
DAMN bro, I was tempted to wear my OVO 12's today. I believe I got them from StockX if not GOAT.

How does this sales tax affect sellers? Is Stockx now reporting all sales to the govt? Outside of payout method it's a pretty anonymous selling platform.
pretty sure just like PayPal and any other site its 200 transactions AND $20,000 like usual. its been mentioned in here before. don't think that changes. Once you trigger both, they will report it to the IRS

pretty sure just like PayPal and any other site its 200 transactions AND $20,000 like usual. its been mentioned in here before. don't think that changes. Once you trigger both, they will report it to the IRS
I get that but they weren't reporting sales tax on individual purchases in the past.

Damn, you do a hell of alotta business with StockX. I thought I was relatively active on there with 73 sales (0 purchases, since I refuse to pay resell).

On a different note, have your Flight Club sales drastically slowed down over the past few months? Mine have

Actually, sales pretty good for me in November and December for holiday shopping, probably slow down for awhile now.

Back
Top Bottom