Has anyone else been using StockX?

I didn't mean to be sneaky with it, I'd say in the description no insole but it looks like it's not happening here

Had a pair of Jordan 3's blk/cement returned because of a tiny scratch on the toe box. After some of the stories and pictures in here, that is minute and not even something someone would complain about if purchased from Nike, footlocker, eastbay. etc. Just one of those people who would call and ask for a free 20% code, would notice it. Would GOAT be my best option to sell this DS shoe?

Gonna part with my metallic 5s, this is my first time selling hopefully it goes well. I never wore the shoe since copping release day, just too many shoes

Had a pair of Jordan 3's blk/cement returned because of a tiny scratch on the toe box. After some of the stories and pictures in here, that is minute and not even something someone would complain about if purchased from Nike, footlocker, eastbay. etc. Just one of those people who would call and ask for a free 20% code, would notice it. Would GOAT be my best option to sell this DS shoe?
post a pic?

Just wanted to share a hilarious thing that happened. I put a bid in on a shoe at about $250, ask was $350, highest bid before me was like $220. A few mins later I’m outbid by $5 but not by the next lowest. Knew right away it was probably the seller. So I up it $1, instantly goes up $5. So I decide to play with the seller and keep going $1 over his bid. This goes on for about 10 mins but I stopped around $300. I wait 10 mins and put $315 and they go to $325. Asking was $350. So I dropped my bid all the way back to $250 and assuming I would go above again him again, the 325 bid disappears and the ask drops to $325 a few seconds later. :rofl: . This stupid bastard thought I would go above again and he’d have the ask get matched instantly but didn’t realize I already dropped the bid. Pretty childish but still was fun. StockX really needs to fix this so you can’t manipulate like that. Forgot to add the high bid didn’t come back and the ask went back to $350.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share a hilarious thing that happened. I put a bid in on a shoe at about $250, ask was $350, highest bid before me was like $220. A few mins later I’m outbid by $5 but not by the next lowest. Knew right away it was probably the seller. So I up it $1, instantly goes up $5. So I decide to play with the seller and keep going $1 over his bid. This goes on for about 10 mins but I stopped around $300. I wait 10 mins and put $315 and they go to $325. Asking was $350. So I dropped my bid all the way back to $250 and assuming I would go above again him again, the 325 bid disappears and the ask drops to $325 a few seconds later. :rofl: . This stupid bastard thought I would go above again and he’d have the ask get matched instantly but didn’t realize I already dropped the bid. Pretty childish but still was fun. StockX really needs to fix this so you can’t manipulate like that.
That’s hilarious

Just wanted to share a hilarious thing that happened. I put a bid in on a shoe at about $250, ask was $350, highest bid before me was like $220. A few mins later I’m outbid by $5 but not by the next lowest. Knew right away it was probably the seller. So I up it $1, instantly goes up $5. So I decide to play with the seller and keep going $1 over his bid. This goes on for about 10 mins but I stopped around $300. I wait 10 mins and put $315 and they go to $325. Asking was $350. So I dropped my bid all the way back to $250 and assuming I would go above again him again, the 325 bid disappears and the ask drops to $325 a few seconds later. :rofl: . This stupid bastard thought I would go above again and he’d have the ask get matched instantly but didn’t realize I already dropped the bid. Pretty childish but still was fun. StockX really needs to fix this so you can’t manipulate like that. Forgot to add the high bid didn’t come back and the ask went back to $350.
unless it's a really old or common shoe no one is paying attention to, that's kinda dangerous. some other willing/legit seller could swoop in and accept either yours or the other bid.

unless theres an easy way to create accounts with fraudulent bank info, that's probably why theres no need to fix it.

unless it's a really old or common shoe no one is paying attention to, that's kinda dangerous. some other willing/legit seller could swoop in and accept either yours or the other bid.

unless theres an easy way to create accounts with fraudulent bank info, that's probably why theres no need to fix it.

Old shoe. I knew what I was doing, and it was so obvious what was going on. There wasn’t even an asking until that one appeared.

If jump on this type of "promo" quick, before buyers adjust their bids... its definitely worth it.

Have to keep track of the prices though. If a shoe was selling for $400 before with the regular fees, you'd bring home $351. With the current promo fee you'd bring home $369. But if the buyers dropped their bid to $360, even with the promo fee you'd only bring home $332.

So selling at $400 with the higher fee, is still better than selling at $380 with the seller promo.

If jump on this type of "promo" quick, before buyers adjust their bids... its definitely worth it.

Have to keep track of the prices though. If a shoe was selling for $400 before with the regular fees, you'd bring home $351. With the current promo fee you'd bring home $369. But if the buyers dropped their bid to $360, even with the promo fee you'd only bring home $332.

So selling at $400 with the higher fee, is still better than selling at $380 with the seller promo.
dumb sellers always wipe away the promotion. stockx always wins as usual

dumb sellers always wipe away the promotion. stockx always wins as usual

I just sold a pair of Utility Black 500's. Compared what it would need to sell at "regular" seller fee vs. this promo fee. Put up an ask, and it sold within 2 minutes. Guess I should've put it a little higher, haha.

$385 sale price nets me $356
$400 sale price on regular promo would net me $351

5 most recent sales for my size range from $365 to $395

I just sold a pair of Utility Black 500's. Compared what it would need to sell at "regular" seller fee vs. this promo fee. Put up an ask, and it sold within 2 minutes. Guess I should've put it a little higher, haha.

$385 sale price nets me $356
$400 sale price on regular promo would net me $351

5 most recent sales for my size range from $365 to $395

UB are going for that now? I returned mine to the Adidas outlet lol.

I think the new sales tax has effected stockx sales. If buyers ain't buying stockx ain't eating. As a seller if I can cash out the same amount selling for a few bucks less I'm all in.

WeLp my Concords I sold just failed verification as what they say found inconsistencies with the build of the shoe and got hit with a 15% fee first offense too of 80 sales SMH

Back
Top Bottom