Has anyone else been using StockX?

im not sure where the data they have listed on their site is coming from. i basically list the going rate and they move no problem

im not sure where the data they have listed on their site is coming from. i basically list the going rate and they move no problem
I've been getting nothing but "lower ask" emails.

Haven't sold a thing in weeks there.

How long does it take to get approved to be a seller on GOAT? Are u automatically approved after 2 weeks?

Listed my first pair about two weeks ago an it sold in 3hrs from listing. Payout took about 5 days and 6hrs since the shoes were shipped to Detroit. 

So, upon finding out fake_education is part owner of StockX, I'll stay away from that site. I refuse to mess with anything associated with that fraud.

Can you elaborate?
First, notice how he keeps tagging the fake pages on his posts. He's actually helping them out by showing them the flaws.
Second, he's terrible at legit checking. He would either not know what he's talking about or compares terribly obvious fakes from coolkicks.com. He claimed that a sign of fake Moon Rocks is a bunch of holes on the soles. Well, my Moon Rocks have a bunch of holes on the sole and I dare him to call mine fake. :lol:
At one point he even compared 2 legit Just Don 2s. :rofl:

First, notice how he keeps tagging the fake pages on his posts. He's actually helping them out by showing them the flaws.
Second, he's terrible at legit checking. He would either not know what he's talking about or compares terribly obvious fakes from coolkicks.com. He claimed that a sign of fake Moon Rocks is a bunch of holes on the soles. Well, my Moon Rocks have a bunch of holes on the sole and I dare him to call mine fake. :lol:

He's that bad, wow

"Legit checking" 2 different sizes from 2 different sources.

He gets people to send him photos and more times than not, the pictures are not the same angles, bad lighting...

Horrible.

I wouldn't trust them.

A good experience on my end from buying some Kobe's off of stockx.com. I've been on the hunt for the Invisibility Cloak.

It took 6 days from buying to arriving at my doorstep. The legit check only took a day as they shipped them out a few hours after I got the "Sneakers Arrived at StockX for Authentication" email.  

I'd use their service again in the future. 

"Legit checking" 2 different sizes from 2 different sources.

He gets people to send him photos and more times than not, the pictures are not the same angles, bad lighting...

Horrible.

I wouldn't trust them.

He's an idiot

You guys are making me real nervous lol

I just bought some real heat on that site:

UGoF Pack

Class of '97 Pack

Kobe 7 Prelude

Two pairs of Yeezy Pirate blacks

I live in Canada, and they don't ship up North, so having them sent to my PO box in MT (3 hour drive one way). Was going to pick them up once the Yeezy's arrived at the PO Box. 

I can appreciate the fact that fake_education is a co-owner/investor in StockX, but IMHO, having Dan Gilbert involved as an investor and with so many other guys reputations on the line, I don't believe they would outright pass off fakes. 

Mind you, I've seen some Yeezy's with amazing UA productions, so hopefully karma plays into my favor with this order. 

Gonna try goat out. I read an article (dated a year ago) saying they only authenticate shoes sold over $300. Is that true? I haven't been able to find anything on their site. When I searched the forum for goat this thread came up...

Thank you. Ya I have read that page before and haven't seen any mention of what I read in an article. I just see a pair of shoes on there that are going for $10 over retail. Just don't know why. Quick sale?

Gonna try goat out. I read an article (dated a year ago) saying they only authenticate shoes sold over $300. Is that true? I haven't been able to find anything on their site. When I searched the forum for goat this thread came up...

Not true. Sold a pair of Supreme Vans couple weeks ago and I had to ship to GOAT directly for authentication. Maybe the buyer paid an additional fee for authentication? I know they were running a promotion for free authentication. Not sure if that is still ongoing.

Thank you. Ya I have read that page before and haven't seen any mention of what I read in an article. I just see a pair of shoes on there that are going for $10 over retail. Just don't know why. Quick sale?
Maybe? Shoe not reselling well enough, so they don't want to hold inventory. Also the pair could have been purchased with discount. Various reasons.

stockx gets a lot of their sold prices from flightclub that's why they're so high
I thought it was ebay?

GOAT & Stock X interesting stuff

But it does look like new buy and sell sneaker markets was needed

Last edited:
i honestly won't trust stockx data until they show where the sales are made. to be so data driven and focused, yet not show the source of your data is not good.

Clearly a lot of dudes selling their collections in here. So, adversely, from the perspective of a modest dude who likes to collect to rock, and likes to rock something other than a yeezy or a jordan, and doesn't get down with exorbitantly high resell prices, Stockx is simply not that good. It's ok on some kicks, but it's just high mostly. I'm just a regular working adult and don't have $1000s in disposable income for kicks(like I'd assume about my man who copped the Carhartts). Maybe if I decide to sell my collection down the line....I'll keep them in mind. But from a buyer's perspective, the only plus is really the authenticity guarantee. Shout out them though, they must have some clientele with means judging from these sell prices on the more popular hype shoes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom