Has anyone else been using StockX?

stockx gets a lot of their sold prices from flightclub that's why they're so high
I thought it was ebay?
Maybe but I believe most if all of their sold data comes from flightclub and their own site. I sold a size 15 shoe on flightclub this week and saw it show up on there site yesterday and most of their sold data line up with the prices on flightclub.

Logically, it makes sense that they would want to align their prices with flightclub and not eBay because the latter has been terrible lately in terms of sale prices.

BIN listings sit forever and auctions gather plenty of watchers reluctant to bid, which means that the ending prices are much lower than what you see on all those other selling platforms.

Singer Neyo decided to partner with Stockx for his "Walk In Our Shoes" charity event where he auctioned off some of his own shoes. Event started on the 10th and ends tomorrow. Link below shoes a list of his shoes that are being auctioned.

https://stockx.com/NE-YO

Random question. Are the prices from stockx.com in usd? Or it's automatically converted to your country's currency? Thanks

Okey one question from me about stockx data...

Can somebody trully help me and tell where exaclly stockx get this sellin prices?

I sell some sneakers on ebay and then look into stockx data and didnt saw the same price on some 12s. model and size and date was the same as mine which i sold this time. This happen often. The selling price was much higher.

Can somebody explain that?

Has anyone sold anything on there recently?

A few people have been saying their stuff sits and is essentially low ball central now.

Yeah StockX trash bruh. Only use if buyer, else it's just a bunch of broke boys looking for a come up.

Okey one question from me about stockx data...

Can somebody trully help me and tell where exaclly stockx get this sellin prices?

I sell some sneakers on ebay and then look into stockx data and didnt saw the same price on some 12s. model and size and date was the same as mine which i sold this time. This happen often. The selling price was much higher.

Can somebody explain that?

Well I'll concede this much, their data seems to be on point.

A pair of mine sold on flightclub and sure enough StockX had the correct corresponding size/price it sold for.

Stock x is a bunch of resellers holding out on decent to low ball offers in order to get to choose and as a result, no product moves.

Sellers these days totally ignore market value.

Perfect example...want a pair of ultra boost 3m? fair Market value suggest a price range of 320 to 380 or so. Plenty of offers on there now in that range, sellers aren't budging and are listing at 450+. Just plain dumb.

Then call your offer a low ball at 360.

Last edited:
Downloaded the app but can't get down with it. Layout doing too much and the FAQ's make me cringe. Good luck to y'all though.

Stock x is a bunch of resellers holding out on decent to low ball offers in order to get to choose and as a result, no product moves.

Seekers these days totally ignore market value.

Perfect example...want a pair of ultra boost 3m? fair Market value suggest a price range of 320 to 380 or so. Plenty of offers on there now in that range, sellers aren't budging and are listing at 450. Just plain dumb.

Then call your offer a low ball at 360.

No bruh, cats are egregiously low-balling folks on stockx.

Meanwhile stocks' own data from eBay, FCNY, RIF, Solesupremacy ETC shows sneakers selling for higher than what many are asking for on Stockx.

I mark down about 20-30% what FCNY and others list as, still folks hit me with disrespectful offers. Kill that noise.

Rather just move it through FCNY instead and get top dollar.

But hey if cats want to cop new retro releases for retail stocks is the move. Just don't ask people to be selling DBs and BIN series J's for like half what they really go for.

Last edited:
No bruh, cats are egregiously low-balling folks on stockx.

Meanwhile stocks' own data from eBay, FCNY, RIF, Solesupremacy ETC shows sneakers selling for higher than what many are asking for on Stockx.

I mark down about 20-30% what FCNY and others list as, still folks hit me with disrespectful offers. Kill that noise.

Rather just move it through FCNY instead and get top dollar.

But hey if cats want to cop new retro releases for retail stocks is the move. Just don't ask people to be selling DBs and BIN series J's for like half what they really go for.

say what you want but the proof is in the pudding. can't expect a buyer to not be smart and take it in the brown eye for a pair of sneakers. sellers have it backwards these days thinking their shoes are more valuable than the buyers cash

don't get a fair offer and a low ball one twisted.

perfect example...
take the ultra boost chalk, highest bid? 270 which isn't much different than what you would see in certain groups from people selling this shoe in this size. you have someone who reportedly paid 440 recently. but with eBay shill bidding happening on 90% of sneaker auctions and someone that maybe just wanted the shoe more than others, you can't really use that as a reliable source as to what market value is...but really it makes no difference because the lowest asking price for this shoe in this size is 620?

so its not just a bunch of low ball offers and sellers asking fair market value...as you are hinting to.

in this case, the smart buyer knows that he/she shouldn't pay more than 300 or so. 270 may be a tad bit low, but its not LOW BALL. if the highest bid was 220, i would consider that a low ball offer.

270 to 350 is what one should be expecting to pay/sell this particular shoe for. (which is exactly where this shoe was valued before the previous "sale")
View media item 2128547

another example...why are sellers asking 600 for a shoe that just "sold" for 300? i put "sold" in quotes because i never trust those figures to give an accurate account of what true market value is.

but if i put in an offer of 400 flat, my offer is a "low ball" offer? NO, thats higher than fair market value for that particular shoe and size.
View media item 2128556

Last edited:
I always assumed that StockX app was cooking the books on prices in general. I might be wrong but you can't even fact check
the sales of these shoes, they just show prices. Then I realized this app is partnered with @stadiumgoods a consignment shop
in NYC. When have consignment shops ever really been about equal market value. Round2 will at least tell you " I'll give you
700 for PB's because we need to sell them for 800-850 profit".

I don't disagree that a lot of buyers are over estimating the value of their shoes on stockx but the low balling on that' site is at another level.

Just take a look at their recent bids tab. Every other bid is a low ball and that's hardly an exaggeration.

I've since pulled all my shoes from stockx. Their data is beyond suspect and I won't trust it until they cite the source of the sale. Not sure how they can get away with being so data driven yet not provide the source of the sale.

I always assumed that StockX app was cooking the books on prices in general. I might be wrong but you can't even fact check
the sales of these shoes, they just show prices. Then I realized this app is partnered with @stadiumgoods a consignment shop
in NYC. When have consignment shops ever really been about equal market value. Round2 will at least tell you " I'll give you
700 for PB's because we need to sell them for 800-850 profit".
Interesting.

SGs is partnered with eBay as well (even though it means nothing)

I don't see the value in SX...as a seller, you're losing money, or breaking even with all their fees and low balling.

I rather go to FC and know what I net.

Last edited:
say what you want but the proof is in the pudding. can't expect a buyer to not be smart and take it in the brown eye for a pair of sneakers. sellers have it backwards these days thinking their shoes are more valuable than the buyers cash

don't get a fair offer and a low ball one twisted.

perfect example...
take the ultra boost chalk, highest bid? 270 which isn't much different than what you would see in certain groups from people selling this shoe in this size. you have someone who reportedly paid 440 recently. but with eBay shill bidding happening on 90% of sneaker auctions and someone that maybe just wanted the shoe more than others, you can't really use that as a reliable source as to what market value is...but really it makes no difference because the lowest asking price for this shoe in this size is 620?

so its not just a bunch of low ball offers and sellers asking fair market value...as you are hinting to.

in this case, the smart buyer knows that he/she shouldn't pay more than 300 or so. 270 may be a tad bit low, but its not LOW BALL. if the highest bid was 220, i would consider that a low ball offer.

270 to 350 is what one should be expecting to pay/sell this particular shoe for. (which is exactly where this shoe was valued before the previous "sale")
View media item 2128547

another example...why are sellers asking 600 for a shoe that just "sold" for 300? i put "sold" in quotes because i never trust those figures to give an accurate account of what true market value is.

but if i put in an offer of 400 flat, my offer is a "low ball" offer? NO, thats higher than fair market value for that particular shoe and size.
View media item 2128556

Agree to disagree man. I'm not talking about fair offers I'm talking about outright bold-faced lowball offers man.

I don't disagree that a lot of buyers are over estimating the value of their shoes on stockx but the low balling on that' site is at another level.

Just take a look at their recent bids tab. Every other bid is a low ball and that's hardly an exaggeration.

I've since pulled all my shoes from stockx. Their data is beyond suspect and I won't trust it until they cite the source of the sale. Not sure how they can get away with being so data driven yet not provide the source of the sale.

I don't think they're cooking the books at all. I tweeted them and asked if they find that shoes sell for less on their site than on eBay/consignment spots and they outright told me yes.

StockX is just not the move if you have high-end sought after sneakers. It's fine to move recent releases but if you're like me and you're moving **** like DMP VI/XI packs, BIN Jordans, Doernbechers and other rare sneakers then it's not the best platform.

If you're looking to get quick cash and don't mind taking a loss on what you initially paid for those sneakers (as most people who have those kinds of sneakers probably didn't get them for retail) then StockX is fine.

But if you're looking to break even or turn a profit then StockX is just not the place to sell. Period.

I don't think they're cooking the books at all. I tweeted them and asked if they find that shoes sell for less on their site than on eBay/consignment spots and they outright told me yes.

StockX is just not the move if you have high-end sought after sneakers. It's fine to move recent releases but if you're like me and you're moving **** like DMP VI/XI packs, BIN Jordans, Doernbechers and other rare sneakers then it's not the best platform.

If you're looking to get quick cash and don't mind taking a loss on what you initially paid for those sneakers (as most people who have those kinds of sneakers probably didn't get them for retail) then StockX is fine.

But if you're looking to break even or turn a profit then StockX is just not the place to sell. Period.

I won't believe it until they provide where the sales are occurring. Considering they're so adamant that they're sales data is some of the best out their for the resale market, showing the source of sales should be a priority. Seems like it's not and creates a lot of suspicion in my opinion. Trust me, if the guy that started this is so data driven even he won't believe any sort of data unless he knows the source.

I won't believe it until they provide where the sales are occurring. Considering they're so adamant that they're sales data is some of the best out their for the resale market, showing the source of sales should be a priority. Seems like it's not and creates a lot of suspicion in my opinion. Trust me, if the guy that started this is so data driven even he won't believe any sort of data unless he knows the source.
it comes from Flight Club (high prices) and eBay.

But it doesn't benefit their bottom line so I don't know why they dont just pull from their own sales.

Having sold on other platforms and following up with StockX to see if their numbers are updated I can say they aren't playing with the numbers.

Still, I won't be selling with through them any longer.

Trying out StockX for the first time as a seller. Sold some shoes a few months back on ebay but wasn't too happy with it. Auction was rarely on the front page till the last few minutes and a lot of shoes that were ending after mine were for listed before mine under the default "best matches" and I couldn't figure out why. Felt like I could've got more money but ended up getting the lower end on the ebay average prices of that sell. I'm new to selling so still trying to figure out whats best. Some of the prices stockX has in their sale prices chart seem too good, they tend to be a bit higher than just doing a quick ebay sold listings check as far as price checking.

What does everyone use here as a seller? FC seems to be spoken highly of but they charge a 20% rate so thats double then what other places ask for, but if they are more likely to sell a shoe and at higher prices than other sites, then its worth I guess. Also the kicks I sell are limited so advice to sell to which site for $1k shoes as well as which sites for like $250-$450 range

Last edited:
Just copped the undefeated LA huaraches for 170. Got it low according to the website but seller seemed to want it out his her hands. Only gripe was it took a while to get the shoes since they had to ship to to stockx to verify.

Great experience so far.

Back
Top Bottom