Has anyone else been using StockX?

You really can't stand the seller has to pay that shipping cost :lol:

Yeah well...Like I said UPS ground can get quite pricy. I've still got multiple DS DMP VI/XI packs & CDP packs.

Makes me hesitant to list a lot of pairs on stockX because if a lot sell on a given day I could be looking at a shipping cost well into the hundreds.

Hence my hesitation.

How is it paid out? Via PP? Because it was my understanding they don't accept PayPal for payment. So they gift it to you to avoid fees?
They sent it to my paypal account.

I believe they just updated their software to accept paypal.

I don't like paypal personally but eh

Seems like a great idea, I just put most of my collection on my portfolio just for tracking purposes.

The accountant in me loves being able to see all my costs/market price/gains and losses.

Yeah well...Like I said UPS ground can get quite pricy. I've still got multiple DS DMP VI/XI packs & CDP packs.

Makes me hesitant to list a lot of pairs on stockX because if a lot sell on a given day I could be looking at a shipping cost well into the hundreds.

Hence my hesitation.

The shipping cost is taken out of your money before you get it. They give you a label to print. So you get to pay business price instead of individual. Unless of course you already a business shipping account.

Wish the site had a watchlist so I could keep track of the shoes I want to buy.

My KD 6 Easters should be in tomorrow. Also bought a pair of Lebron 12 Dunkman off the site yesterday.

Wish the site had a watchlist so I could keep track of the shoes I want to buy.
My KD 6 Easters should be in tomorrow. Also bought a pair of Lebron 12 Dunkman off the site yesterday.
They do its called a coplist I just added 3 kicks to it just now

Just got my first pair of shoes in from StockX.
The listed price for these Easters was $121. Each shoe has a $10 shipping fee so that pushed them to $131.
View media item 1927356Each shoe comes with the green tag below to let buyers know that they were checked
View media item 1927357
Only took 8 days for my shoes to arrive.

Now waiting for my Lebron 12 Dunkman to go through the process.

Last edited:
sold my first pair yesterday. let's see how this goes. have to say, the ground shipping to their facilities is annoying.

sold my first pair yesterday. let's see how this goes. have to say, the ground shipping to their facilities is annoying.
Let us know how the selling experience goes. Were your shoes deadstock? I already put up a few shoes in my portfolio for the purpose of selling them. I have an adult financial decision that's coming and it's time for me to part with most of my collection. Some  of my shoes I tried on once when I get them and a few random ones I have taken off the sticker size inside the shoe because I hate that they get stuck if you do wear them and they make a mess if you even try removing them afterwards . Unless I actually wore the shoes they are deadstock condition... I just hope because the sticker is missing they don't qualify it as  deadstock.

Well...I sold my first pair through the site. What a hassle free experience.. posted my shadow 1's this past Thursday night at a lower price than the last sale price and by Friday afternoon someone had bought them. After being sold I immediately got an email with everything laid out to me, the fees, shipping and the amount I was going to be paid out plus a button I can click to print out the shipping label. You have 2 business days to send them out. On Monday I put them in a box and dropped them at a UPS store... They received them this morning and authenticated them... and got my money through Paypal.

The same day my shadow 1's were sold I noticed there was a bid out for the playoffs 11 (2012) at good price.. Decided to sell them on Monday..expecting the same experience when they get them.

I honestly sold both sneakers at a higher price than I thought I was going to get for if I sold them through eBay.. I think the fee is a little high but it's a peace of mind to know that you're not going to get screwed by anyone.

The site right now seems to be great for really sought out sneakers or popular sneakers but I think some prices that people ask for some sneakers will make some people run away from the site. I hope it really catches on with a lot more people.

Well...I sold my first pair through the site. What a hassle free experience.. posted my shadow 1's this past Thursday night at a lower price than the last sale price and by Friday afternoon someone had bought them. After being sold I immediately got an email with everything laid out to me, the fees, shipping and the amount I was going to be paid out plus a button I can click to print out the shipping label. You have 2 business days to send them out. On Monday I put them in a box and dropped them at a UPS store... They received them this morning and authenticated them... and got my money through Paypal.

The same day my shadow 1's were sold I noticed there was a bid out for the playoffs 11 (2012) at good price.. Decided to sell them on Monday..expecting the same experience when they get them.

I honestly sold both sneakers at a higher price than I thought I was going to get for if I sold them through eBay.. I think the fee is a little high but it's a peace of mind to know that you're not going to get screwed by anyone.

The site right now seems to be great for really sought out sneakers or popular sneakers but I think some prices that people ask for some sneakers will make some people run away from the site. I hope it really catches on with a lot more people.
That's the only thing I hate about the site. 

Crazy thing is people will pay those crazy prices. Just look up the Wing It 2s on there. Shoe is sitting on Eastbay in most sizes, but you have people buying the shoe off StockX for like 250-300.

My experience:

Sold Yeezy 750 Boost - TB. When they paid me out via Paypal, I got hit with a 2.9% fee from Paypal since they sent the money for goods/services and not as a gift. I emailed StockX and they gave me some lame excuse of how they wanted to release my payment fast and that they would refund me. Had to email them a couple of times after that to finally get my refund. 

Buying- Had two of my bids accepted by sellers but they both flaked and never shipped the sneakers. 

my dude is one of the ones that created it. Not that I'm cosigning it by any means. Just that I know son.

My experience:

Sold Yeezy 750 Boost - TB. When they paid me out via Paypal, I got hit with a 2.9% fee from Paypal since they sent the money for goods/services and not as a gift. I emailed StockX and they gave me some lame excuse of how they wanted to release my payment fast and that they would refund me. Had to email them a couple of times after that to finally get my refund. 

Buying- Had two of my bids accepted by sellers but they both flaked and never shipped the sneakers. 
Seems like they're having trouble with flakers. Went to list some shoes and they're imposing a $25 fee for that now, or at least I didn't see that back when i first posted shoes.

First transaction was smooth, albeit slow. Shoes took a week to get to Stockx, which is too much imo if I was a buyer and a bit annoying as a seller. UPS ground is just not the way to go. They need to implement dynamic shipping options if they want to provide quicker service and still save on costs. They paid out same day they received.

Seems like they're working out some things, we'll see how that goes. For the most part I think it's a good service. I do think they try a bit too hard to present you with so much information on one screen and the sales history is a bit disingenuous. Considering they present you with so much information it's odd they leave out where the sales occurred.

I think people are still feeling this out. The market seems to have a huge gap, buyers going for steals, sellers going for top dollar. They should think about trying to bridge that gap, especially with what seems to be lack of users on the platform right now.

Another question I had was, I think they should give you some type of receipt with a reference number to print put and put it in the box before you ship it to them. I found it weird and unprofessional for them to just send you a label and tell you to put the shoes in a box and ship it out. How do they keep track of who sends what (Besides the address on the return label) unless e's some type of document?

Another question I had was, I think they should give you some type of receipt with a reference number to print put and put it in the box before you ship it to them. I found it weird and unprofessional for them to just send you a label and tell you to put the shoes in a box and ship it out. How do they keep track of who sends what (Besides the address on the return label) unless e's some type of document?
If they have a business UPS account then the shipping label has all the info they would need. They probably add something to your box on their end when it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom