Has anyone ever heard of Ricky Rubio?

I was on a Laker forum, and came across this dude. Seriously, this kid is crazy and I'm puzzled that there isn't much hype around him.
AND my bad if posted already, hand me the late slip.

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/rickyrubio.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Rubio

51 points, 24 rebounds, 12 assists, 7 steals
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

��

Dude is good and only 17. I think he's been playing professionally since like 15? He's supposed to be a top 5 pick in NEXT year's draft. nbadraft.net compares him to Pistol Pete. I dunno about all that though
laugh.gif

I've seen vids and he's good but he's not athletic at all

I also saw that article about him in SLAM. But to be honest, I can't remember much about it other than he was young but great for his age.

yeah hes already a pro, so he has invaluable experience...hes the next pistol pete.

Originally Posted by 531

I was on a Laker forum, and came across this dude. Seriously, this kid is crazy and I'm puzzled that there isn't much hype around him.
AND my bad if posted already, hand me the late slip.

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/rickyrubio.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Rubio

51 points, 24 rebounds, 12 assists, 7 steals
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

��

Not much hype around him?? People are already labeling him the next Pete "Pistol" Maravich...Putting him up there with Drazen Petrovic.. He's already donned a top 5 pick in next years draft.. Dude is hyped up big time.. I wish I could see some clips, but can't watch Euroleague ball overhere in the states.. And, youtube clips isn't really good material to see a kids overall game either..But, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy lived upto it.. Playing against men and gaining experience is a good thing.. I mean look at the Spanish guards already in the NBA.. Ramos, Calderon, Rodriguez... Itseems that they are coming ups with loads of talent in Spain..

And that 51 pt game was incredible... but it was against I believe the U-17 of a European team.. Can't remember.. But, still impressive nonetheless..

Not hating, but 24 rebounds? He's 6'4" and not too athletic, what does that say about his competition?

that game he had was sick stat-wise.

and it isn't like the competition was weak like some here seem to think. If I'm not mistaken they played Russia? Or maybe it was Serbia. Both thoseteams would give the US U-17 national team problems.

He's already a top 5 player in Europe. He plays in the Spanish pro league. He's the number one pick in the NBA draft once he comes over.

He's a great shooter, a better passer, and sees the floor so well for his age. It's truly remarkable. He turned pro at 15. I believe he is 17 now.

By the time he does come to the NBA he will have logged 4-5 years as a pro in the Spanish League.

Originally Posted by emil23j

that game he had was sick stat-wise.

and it isn't like the competition was weak like some here seem to think. If I'm not mistaken they played Russia? Or maybe it was Serbia. Both those teams would give the US U-17 national team problems.

Was against Russia.. If he did this against Serbia, I wouldn't even believe it haha.. He's going to be a problem man.. He looks so mature and undercontrol with the rock.. I mean look at Calderon's accomplishments as a teen, and then look at Rubio's..

But!! There are also other youngsters that are going to do some damage from Europe and Other parts of the world.. Nicolas Batum!! Better hope one of yourteams land that guy.. And watching Greivis Vasquez at Maryland, this dude is a going to be a player.. Just work on the jumpshot a little bit and the dude isgoing to be special... He was already leading Venezuela during the FIBA Championships playing against the US best and others, but this dude is just going offon teams at the college level..

There needs to be a International basketball thread of some sort haha..

^^Kidoopz. You are right. Batum was a little dissapointing in the U18 this summer tho. (or was it U19?).

Vasquez at Maryland can definetly play but dude has a long way to go before he can be considered a top notch point guard IMO. He can sure as hell score andpass but his decision making needs to improve ALOT, dude does alot of out of control stuff and stuff that make you go "%%$ was that" but youcan't question his passion tho.

Russia won Eurobasket 2007. They're no slouch.

People were worried that at 15 he would get run out of the gym by Euro pros. He hasn't.
People were worried that at 15 he would get bowled over by bigger players. He hasn't.

I'm not aware of how strong his interest is in coming to the NBA. He's a major superstar in Spain.

will he play for Spain in the Olympics this summer? because that will be a good measuring stick

Eh...need to see more of him, the clip wasn't all that flattering considering its an u-17 team

im not hating...but this is the same story EVERY YEAR...european big time dominant star comes to NBA and gets exposed..he better stay in spain Brandon Jennings> this guy

Back
Top Bottom