Has anyone ever heard of Ricky Rubio?

Originally Posted by chikickz

Rubio is better than Derrick Rose and Brandon Jennings already. He's a real point guard. He has awesome handles. He's not the fastest guy, but the ball moves faster than people. He's a great shooter.

He's essentially a 6'4" version of Steve Nash. I hadn't seen this video, but they look like his most recent highlights. In two pro seasons he his game has dramatically surpassed the original growth expectations.
Wait.. I know this was posted a long time ago, but ain't no way shape, form, or existence is he better than Derrick Rose.. Are you kiddingme??? I understand the guy is good for his age, but he is not better than Derrick Rose..

Now Rubio handles the ball very well, makes good decisions, but you could tell he was a bit nervous against those traps.. I thought I'd see him force a lotof shots, but he actually understood his role and played it well..Unless he was just afraid to shoot the ball.. He will be a good addition to any team in theNBA..

Now That guy from Australia, Patrick Mills was taking it to the US team... I've never heard of him, but I'm sure some of the WCC watchers knew abouthim.. Where is His thread b/c he deserves one .. Outside of the USA competitors, Rudy Fernandez and Patrick Mills impressed me a lot.. And I think Mills wiillbe a pretty good pro too..

is this the kid who got swated by the chinese pg? i see no future in the league for him

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Naaaaa....I wouldn't
Ehhh...

I haven't seen enough of Wall to take him over a kid who has been playing against pros competitively for the last 2 years and doing work. And one whomanaged to carve up the USA Defense at times......

Maybe if I saw more of wall...Specifically up close (as I think you have) I may have a change of heart....

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by dfresh244

Dude is good and only 17. I think he's been playing professionally since like 15? He's supposed to be a top 5 pick in NEXT year's draft. nbadraft.net compares him to Pistol Pete. I dunno about all that though
laugh.gif

I've seen vids and he's good but he's not athletic at all
That's what they said about Chris Paul/
Who ever said that about Chris Paul? He tested out as one of the best athletes in his draft at the combine. Only knock CP ever had was his size.

Ehhh...

I haven't seen enough of Wall to take him over a kid who has been playing against pros competitively for the last 2 years and doing work. And one who managed to carve up the USA Defense at times......

Maybe if I saw more of wall...Specifically up close (as I think you have) I may have a change of heart..
I take that "young age, playing with pros" thing with a grain of salt. Everybody over there is playing "professionally"...butnot everybody comes over here and does work. So the fact that Rubio is a professional doesn't help his case with me. I wouldn't call 5 points and 4assists in 2 years doing work either...people seem to think that dude is "dominating" the pro's over there. He isn't....those crazy numberspeople read about come from his stints with the Junior National Team. I like his game but he's not on some different level than the top young point guardsover here.

how the $%%% this frail pansy get 24 boards? I mean was he playing a pick up game against middle schoolers?

Back
Top Bottom