Has anyone read the Bible? LOL @ these passages

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

Originally Posted by FReSHtaDeFF03

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

so be it my dude. everyone has there own way of looking at it.

but those 18 years when i didn't know God is now a huge testimony to others of how He can change someones life. and i thank God that he let me go thru the wilderness all those years.

and you won't burn man. God isn't gonna leave you hangin' like that.

so i guess that's the end of this conversation huh? until next time bro.
wink.gif
LOL Why wouldn't he leave me hanging like that? I am not on his team per-say.

But answer my other question. So anyone that isn't Christian goes to hell? Even if I was born in a non-Christian dominated society I am expected to somehow become a Christian and follow his word? How unfair is that? Why would God do such a thing?

God loves everyone, that's why he wouldn't leave you hangin'.

for your second question;Yes, if you don't believe, in Jesus Christ, you go to hell. simple as that. But if you never knew Christ, and you died, you would go to hell right? dang that sucks. but wait, i've done a lot of praying about this, and talked to my Pastor about this...

God created us. His love for us is truly unconditional. the GRACE of God is soooo amazing. He will never do you dirty like that homie. I believe and other bible scholars believe that if youre in this situation, when you die, God still gives you the chance to accept His Son Jesus Christ. He will share the good news with you Himself, and it's up to you to accept it. He's not just gonna hit the deny button on you. that would suck.
laugh.gif

Are the members of the Ku Klux Klan going to heaven? They are Christians, then have accepted Jesus as their lord and saviour.

who am i to judge, i don't know there hearts. but think about it, if you really accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, would you be in the KKK?

i highly doubt it.

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Nat Turner you and many people are taking the Bible literal which, imo, is not how the Bible is meant to be taken. You are trying to make sense of something (God) that is beyond our realm of comprehension. He will show Himself to you one of these days.

just as yall think is illogical/crazy/etc. to believe in God, I think the same of those who DON'T believe in a Creator

Does a Jehovahs Witness really want to debate this subject? I mean, really?????

but those 18 years when i didn't know God is now a huge testimony to others of how He can change someones life. and i thank God that he let me go thru the wilderness all those years.

wink.gif

But answer my other question. So anyone that isn't Christian goes to hell? Even if I was born in a non-Christian dominated society I am expected to somehow become a Christian and follow his word? How unfair is that? Why would God do such a thing?

for your second question;Yes, if you don't believe, in Jesus Christ, you go to hell. simple as that. But if you never knew Christ, and you died, you would go to hell right? dang that sucks. but wait, i've done a lot of praying about this, and talked to my Pastor about this...

God created us. His love for us is truly unconditional. the GRACE of God is soooo amazing. He will never do you dirty like that homie. I believe and other bible scholars believe that if youre in this situation, when you die, God still gives you the chance to accept His Son Jesus Christ. He will share the good news with you Himself, and it's up to you to accept it. He's not just gonna hit the deny button on you. that would suck.
laugh.gif

Are the members of the Ku Klux Klan going to heaven? They are Christians, then have accepted Jesus as their lord and saviour.

who am i to judge, i don't know there hearts. but think about it, if you really accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, would you be in the KKK?

i highly doubt it.

laugh.gif
A chance? In the form of what though? Is he simply going to ask you a question and all you have to do is say what he wants to hear? Is it THAT simple?

Also, how does your Pastor know this will happen? Has he spoken to anyone that is from a non-Christian based culture, that has died and came back to life? Is there any scripture supporting this theory?

YES my brother, it IS that simple. oh myyyyyyyy.. lol.

all He wants you to do is to accept Him as Lord and Savior. yup, that is all.

for the other part, see George Foreman.

laugh.gif
A chance? In the form of what though? Is he simply going to ask you a question and all you have to do is say what he wants to hear? Is it THAT simple?

Also, how does your Pastor know this will happen? Has he spoken to anyone that is from a non-Christian based culture, that has died and came back to life? Is there any scripture supporting this theory?

Nat Turner you and many people are taking the Bible literal which, imo, is not how the Bible is meant to be taken. You are trying to make sense of something (God) that is beyond our realm of comprehension. He will show Himself to you one of these days.

just as yall think is illogical/crazy/etc. to believe in God, I think the same of those who DON'T believe in a Creator

Jehovahs Witness though
laugh.gif

my fault you know it all so there's no debating with you. you just don't understand

Jehovahs Witness though
laugh.gif

my fault you know it all so there's no debating with you. you just don't understand

wink.gif

laugh.gif

i highly doubt it.
apparently there is more than one  jesus...but i highly doubt according to the way its preached they would go to heaven. why would God want all that chaos?

293g1vm.gif

wink.gif

laugh.gif

i highly doubt it.
apparently there is more than one  jesus...but i highly doubt according to the way its preached they would go to heaven. why would God want all that chaos?

293g1vm.gif

Why is Christianity right and everything else is wrong?

Why is Christianity right and everything else is wrong?

Originally Posted by south sole

This is where the bible condones slavery,

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

Here is how "God" and the bible views Women,

1 Corinthians 11:8 – 9
8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man;
9 neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.
1 Corinthians 14:34 – 35
34 women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.
35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Here is where the Bible clearly states that the world is "flat",

Revelation 7:1
After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.

So as far as I am concerned, the God of Abraham has some 'splainin' to do!
Get at TORGRIFFITH for that, I remember when he posted pics before where he explained the four corners of the earth. 

There is no explanation. Simply asked, has this "GOD" ever written anything down?

Here is an example, Harriet Beecher Stowe when writing  about her book (Uncle Tom's Cabin) in her later years said that "GOD wrote it" referring to it's great meaning to the society. So no, God didn't wrote in the literal sense, it serves as an inspiration sense. 
Here is an excerpt from an article I found

Divine power or can be understood as God's word. For instance, we can take scripture seriously without taking it literally. Taking scripture seriously means going beneath a superficial literal reading and understanding that we will find the deeper wisdom and guidance in the text when we recognize its history, complexity and that it contains many different ways of conveying its message. We are born with hearts, spirits and brains, and we need to use all of them when approaching scripture. Taking scripture seriously means acknowledging that there are texts that have been used in dangerous and harmful ways to subjugate women, legitimate violence against gays and lesbians, foster suspicion of other religious traditions, commit violence, and support barbarous ancient practices such as slavery. Taking scripture seriously means trying to understand what the original authors intended and, through literary, linguistic, or historical criticisms, either redeeming these texts from modern misinterpretations or, in the most extreme cases, condemning them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-raushenbush/the-complex-power-and-wis_b_658639.html

[font=Georgia, Century, Times, serif]
[/font]

Originally Posted by south sole

This is where the bible condones slavery,

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

Here is how "God" and the bible views Women,

1 Corinthians 11:8 – 9
8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man;
9 neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.
1 Corinthians 14:34 – 35
34 women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.
35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Here is where the Bible clearly states that the world is "flat",

Revelation 7:1
After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.

So as far as I am concerned, the God of Abraham has some 'splainin' to do!
Get at TORGRIFFITH for that, I remember when he posted pics before where he explained the four corners of the earth. 

There is no explanation. Simply asked, has this "GOD" ever written anything down?

Here is an example, Harriet Beecher Stowe when writing  about her book (Uncle Tom's Cabin) in her later years said that "GOD wrote it" referring to it's great meaning to the society. So no, God didn't wrote in the literal sense, it serves as an inspiration sense. 
Here is an excerpt from an article I found

Divine power or can be understood as God's word. For instance, we can take scripture seriously without taking it literally. Taking scripture seriously means going beneath a superficial literal reading and understanding that we will find the deeper wisdom and guidance in the text when we recognize its history, complexity and that it contains many different ways of conveying its message. We are born with hearts, spirits and brains, and we need to use all of them when approaching scripture. Taking scripture seriously means acknowledging that there are texts that have been used in dangerous and harmful ways to subjugate women, legitimate violence against gays and lesbians, foster suspicion of other religious traditions, commit violence, and support barbarous ancient practices such as slavery. Taking scripture seriously means trying to understand what the original authors intended and, through literary, linguistic, or historical criticisms, either redeeming these texts from modern misinterpretations or, in the most extreme cases, condemning them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-raushenbush/the-complex-power-and-wis_b_658639.html

[font=Georgia, Century, Times, serif]
[/font]

laugh.gif

Yeah take it from a punch-drunk burger grill salesman.

laugh.gif

Yeah take it from a punch-drunk burger grill salesman.

this thread is giving me a headache... why do u non believers feel the need to taught those who believe?

this thread is giving me a headache... why do u non believers feel the need to taught those who believe?

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

the overarching point of this thread smh

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

the overarching point of this thread smh

Originally Posted by roc4life24

other parts of bible are up for debate, but people long knew the earth was round. In the sixth century B.C., Pythagoras suggested a spherical earth.

job 26 7
 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing
.isaiah chap 40 20
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

The inconsistency proves that the book cannot be taken literally. It s a book that contradicts itself.

If the book simply included Adams first Wife, it'd be clear that this book was supposed to be nothing more than entertainment, especially for its time. During the time it was written, even years after it was passed down, not everyone could read it in the language it was written, or simply could not read at all. The book was interpreted to them, which brings about another more problems, then with people making comments like this,
[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
PUSHA C[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 08/17/10 11:04 AM
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]____

What, has this "God" ever written down?

Originally Posted by roc4life24

other parts of bible are up for debate, but people long knew the earth was round. In the sixth century B.C., Pythagoras suggested a spherical earth.

job 26 7
 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing
.isaiah chap 40 20
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

The inconsistency proves that the book cannot be taken literally. It s a book that contradicts itself.

If the book simply included Adams first Wife, it'd be clear that this book was supposed to be nothing more than entertainment, especially for its time. During the time it was written, even years after it was passed down, not everyone could read it in the language it was written, or simply could not read at all. The book was interpreted to them, which brings about another more problems, then with people making comments like this,
[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
PUSHA C[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 08/17/10 11:04 AM
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]____

What, has this "God" ever written down?

Back
Top Bottom