Has anyone read the Bible? LOL @ these passages

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So instead of answering my question, you simply tell me to listen to what G. Foreman said? What exactly did he say?

bro. lol. you said, "...that has died and came back to life?"

i said, "see George Foreman."

look up his story. there was a situation where he suffered a heat stroke and was knocked out. said he saw hell and pleaded to God for another chance. woke up, became Christian, and is an ordained Pastor of a church. just to sum it up. don't remember it all.

So instead of answering my question, you simply tell me to listen to what G. Foreman said? What exactly did he say?

bro. lol. you said, "...that has died and came back to life?"

i said, "see George Foreman."

look up his story. there was a situation where he suffered a heat stroke and was knocked out. said he saw hell and pleaded to God for another chance. woke up, became Christian, and is an ordained Pastor of a church. just to sum it up. don't remember it all.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

God Bless you FReSHtaDeFF03
pimp.gif
 but as you know this is NT so you're gonna get made fun of as an other believer
eyes.gif
.... it's the same 3/4 people making religion threads or noobs...every damm week it seems
smh.gif

oh sweet women verses....some of you should go listen to some some seminars of women who are scholars and are in the ministry. alot of scholars said it was written to restrict women in the city Ephesus. At that time Ephesus had a temple, Artemis, a false Greek/Roman goddess.

in fact...

Acts 18:26
He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately.

Romans 16

[sup]1[/sup]I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant[sup][a][/sup] of the church in Cenchrea. [sup]2[/sup]I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been a great help to many people, including me. [sup]3[/sup]Greet Priscilla[sup][b][/sup] and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus. [sup]4[/sup]They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them. [sup]5[/sup]Greet also the church that meets at their house. Greet my dear friend Epenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in the province of Asia. [sup]6[/sup]Greet Mary, who worked very hard for you. [sup]7[/sup]Greet Andronicus and Junias, my relatives who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was. [sup]8[/sup]Greet Ampliatus, whom I love in the Lord. [sup]9[/sup]Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Christ, and my dear friend Stachys. [sup]10[/sup]Greet Apelles, tested and approved in Christ. Greet those who belong to the household of Aristobulus. [sup]11[/sup]Greet Herodion, my relative. Greet those in the household of Narcissus who are in the Lord. [sup]12[/sup]Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa, those women who work hard in the Lord. Greet my dear friend Persis, another woman who has worked very hard in the Lord. [sup]13[/sup]Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, too. [sup]14[/sup]Greet Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermes, Patrobas, Hermas and the brothers with them. [sup]15[/sup]Greet Philologus, Julia, Nereus and his sister, and Olympas and all the saints with them. [sup]16[/sup]Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ send greetings.
just a couple of women in the bible who preached and were close to some of the disciples.

flat earth??? alot of scholars interepret 4 corners as North/South/East/West

also these verse says otherwise

Isaiah 40:22
       He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
       and its people are like grasshoppers.
       He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
       and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
  1. Ecclesiastes 1:6
    The wind goes toward the south,
    And turns around to the north;
    The wind whirls about continually,
    And comes again on its circuit.

The Bible isn't just some book you can just read and think you can understand. You need to dig deep, study the history because each scripture has history. Picking and Choosing
    smh.gif

Aren't you doing the same thing? Speaking of Women in the Bible, what happened with Lillith?

Since you've opened up the floor on picking and choosing, how was the bible put together exactly?

pimp.gif
eyes.gif
.... it's the same 3/4 people making religion threads or noobs...every damm week it seems
smh.gif

oh sweet women verses....some of you should go listen to some some seminars of women who are scholars and are in the ministry. alot of scholars said it was written to restrict women in the city Ephesus. At that time Ephesus had a temple, Artemis, a false Greek/Roman goddess.

in fact...

He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately.

Romans 16

[sup]1[/sup]I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant[sup][a][/sup] of the church in Cenchrea. [sup]2[/sup]I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been a great help to many people, including me. [sup]3[/sup]Greet Priscilla[sup][b][/sup] and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus. [sup]4[/sup]They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them. [sup]5[/sup]Greet also the church that meets at their house. Greet my dear friend Epenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in the province of Asia. [sup]6[/sup]Greet Mary, who worked very hard for you. [sup]7[/sup]Greet Andronicus and Junias, my relatives who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was. [sup]8[/sup]Greet Ampliatus, whom I love in the Lord. [sup]9[/sup]Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Christ, and my dear friend Stachys. [sup]10[/sup]Greet Apelles, tested and approved in Christ. Greet those who belong to the household of Aristobulus. [sup]11[/sup]Greet Herodion, my relative. Greet those in the household of Narcissus who are in the Lord. [sup]12[/sup]Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa, those women who work hard in the Lord. Greet my dear friend Persis, another woman who has worked very hard in the Lord. [sup]13[/sup]Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, too. [sup]14[/sup]Greet Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermes, Patrobas, Hermas and the brothers with them. [sup]15[/sup]Greet Philologus, Julia, Nereus and his sister, and Olympas and all the saints with them. [sup]16[/sup]Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ send greetings.
just a couple of women in the bible who preached and were close to some of the disciples.

The Bible isn't just some book you can just read and think you can understand. You need to dig deep, study the history because each scripture has history. Picking and Choosing
    smh.gif

Aren't you doing the same thing? Speaking of Women in the Bible, what happened with Lillith?

Since you've opened up the floor on picking and choosing, how was the bible put together exactly?

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

Nat Turner you and many people are taking the Bible literal which, imo, is not how the Bible is meant to be taken. You are trying to make sense of something (God) that is beyond our realm of comprehension. He will show Himself to you one of these days.

just as yall think is illogical/crazy/etc. to believe in God, I think the same of those who DON'T believe in a Creator

Does a Jehovahs Witness really want to debate this subject? I mean, really?????

Jehovahs Witness though
laugh.gif

my fault you know it all so there's no debating with you. you just don't understand

Oh I COMPLETELY understand! That is your problem! Check this out....

)
Slavery introduced into law in Maryland, the law also prohibited marriage between white women and black men. This particular act remained in effect for over 300 years, and between 1935 and 1967 the law was extended to forbid the marriage of Malaysians with blacks or whites. The law was finally repealed in 1967. (Maryland State Archive, THE ARCHIVISTS' Record Series of the Week, Phebe Jacobsen "Colonial Marriage Records" Bulldog Vol. 2, No. 26 18 July 1988)

One characteristic which set American slavery apart was its racial basis. In America, with only a few early and insignificant exceptions, all slaves were Africans, and almost all Africans were slaves. This placed the label of inferiority on black skin and on African culture. In other societies, it had been possible for a slave who obtained his freedom to take his place in his society with relative ease. In America, however, when a slave became free, he was still obviously an African. The taint of inferiority clung to him. Not only did white America become convinced of white superiority and black inferiority, but it strove to impose these racial beliefs on the Africans themselves. Slave masters gave a great deal of attention to the education and training of the ideal slave, In general, there were five steps in molding the character of such a slave: strict discipline, a sense of his own inferiority, belief in the master's superior power, acceptance of the master's standards, and, finally, a deep sense of his own helplessness and dependence. At every point this education was built on the belief in white superiority and black inferiority. Besides teaching the slave to despise his own history and culture, the master strove to inculcate his own value system into the African's outlook. The white man's belief in the African's inferiority paralleled African self hate. (Norman Coombs, The Immigrant Heritage of America, Twayne Press, 1972. CHAPTER 3, CHAPTER 3, The Shape of American Slavery).

The slave trade from Africa is said to have uprooted as many as 20 million people from their homes and brought them to the Americas. Slavery had existed as a human institution for centuries, but the slaves were usually captives taken in war or members of the lowest class in a society. The black African slave trade, by contrast, was a major economic enterprise. It made the traders rich and brought an abundant labor supply to the islands of the Caribbean and to the American Colonies. ()

1667/09 -ACT III.
An act declaring that “the baptisme of slaves doth not exempt them from bondage.[The passage of this statute indicates that Christianity was important to the concept of English identity. Legislators decided that slaves born in Virginia could not become free if they were baptized, but masters were encouraged to Christianize their enslaved laborers.] WHEREAS some doubts have risen whether children that are slaves by birth, and by the charity and piety of their owners made pertakers of the blessed sacrament of baptisme, should by vertue of their baptisme be made ffree; It is enacted and declared by this grand assembly, and the authority thereof, that the conferring of baptisme doth not alter the condition of the person as to his bondage or ffreedome; that diverse masters, ffreed from this doubt, may more carefully endeavour the propagation of christianity by permitting children, though slaves, or those of greater growth if capable to be admitted to that sacrament.

Nat Turner you and many people are taking the Bible literal which, imo, is not how the Bible is meant to be taken. You are trying to make sense of something (God) that is beyond our realm of comprehension. He will show Himself to you one of these days.

just as yall think is illogical/crazy/etc. to believe in God, I think the same of those who DON'T believe in a Creator

Does a Jehovahs Witness really want to debate this subject? I mean, really?????

Jehovahs Witness though
laugh.gif

my fault you know it all so there's no debating with you. you just don't understand

Oh I COMPLETELY understand! That is your problem! Check this out....

)
Slavery introduced into law in Maryland, the law also prohibited marriage between white women and black men. This particular act remained in effect for over 300 years, and between 1935 and 1967 the law was extended to forbid the marriage of Malaysians with blacks or whites. The law was finally repealed in 1967. (Maryland State Archive, THE ARCHIVISTS' Record Series of the Week, Phebe Jacobsen "Colonial Marriage Records" Bulldog Vol. 2, No. 26 18 July 1988)

One characteristic which set American slavery apart was its racial basis. In America, with only a few early and insignificant exceptions, all slaves were Africans, and almost all Africans were slaves. This placed the label of inferiority on black skin and on African culture. In other societies, it had been possible for a slave who obtained his freedom to take his place in his society with relative ease. In America, however, when a slave became free, he was still obviously an African. The taint of inferiority clung to him. Not only did white America become convinced of white superiority and black inferiority, but it strove to impose these racial beliefs on the Africans themselves. Slave masters gave a great deal of attention to the education and training of the ideal slave, In general, there were five steps in molding the character of such a slave: strict discipline, a sense of his own inferiority, belief in the master's superior power, acceptance of the master's standards, and, finally, a deep sense of his own helplessness and dependence. At every point this education was built on the belief in white superiority and black inferiority. Besides teaching the slave to despise his own history and culture, the master strove to inculcate his own value system into the African's outlook. The white man's belief in the African's inferiority paralleled African self hate. (Norman Coombs, The Immigrant Heritage of America, Twayne Press, 1972. CHAPTER 3, CHAPTER 3, The Shape of American Slavery).

The slave trade from Africa is said to have uprooted as many as 20 million people from their homes and brought them to the Americas. Slavery had existed as a human institution for centuries, but the slaves were usually captives taken in war or members of the lowest class in a society. The black African slave trade, by contrast, was a major economic enterprise. It made the traders rich and brought an abundant labor supply to the islands of the Caribbean and to the American Colonies. ()

1667/09 -ACT III.
An act declaring that “the baptisme of slaves doth not exempt them from bondage.[The passage of this statute indicates that Christianity was important to the concept of English identity. Legislators decided that slaves born in Virginia could not become free if they were baptized, but masters were encouraged to Christianize their enslaved laborers.] WHEREAS some doubts have risen whether children that are slaves by birth, and by the charity and piety of their owners made pertakers of the blessed sacrament of baptisme, should by vertue of their baptisme be made ffree; It is enacted and declared by this grand assembly, and the authority thereof, that the conferring of baptisme doth not alter the condition of the person as to his bondage or ffreedome; that diverse masters, ffreed from this doubt, may more carefully endeavour the propagation of christianity by permitting children, though slaves, or those of greater growth if capable to be admitted to that sacrament.

Originally Posted by roc4life24

other parts of bible are up for debate, but people long knew the earth was round. In the sixth century B.C., Pythagoras suggested a spherical earth.

job 26 7
 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing
.isaiah chap 40 20
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

The inconsistency proves that the book cannot be taken literally. It s a book that contradicts itself.

If the book simply included Adams first Wife, it'd be clear that this book was supposed to be nothing more than entertainment, especially for its time. During the time it was written, even years after it was passed down, not everyone could read it in the language it was written, or simply could not read at all. The book was interpreted to them, which brings about another more problems, then with people making comments like this,
[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
PUSHA C[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 08/17/10 11:04 AM
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]____

What, has this "God" ever written down?

God INSPIRED the Bible dog... you know NOTHING about religion/the Bible clearly so I don't even know why i'm still responding to you smh

I've read the bible in three different languages "DOG". Many take the Bible literally, and the Bible and religion was used to justify American slavery, and the treatment of Black people, "DOG".

http:// 

[h1]Curse of Ham[/h1]

[b][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org...oah.jpg/200px-Ksenophontov_noah.jpg[/img][/b]
[b][img]http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/magnify-clip.png[/img][/b]
Noah damning Ham, 19th century painting by Ivan Stepanovitch Ksenofontov

The Curse of Ham (also called the curse of Canaan) refers to a story in the Book of Genesis 9:20-27 in which Ham's father Noah places a curse upon Ham's son Canaan, after Ham "saw his father's nakedness" because of drunkenness in Noah's tent.

Some Biblical scholars see the "curse of Canaan" story as an early Hebrew rationalization for Israel's conquest and enslavement of the Canaanites, who were presumed to descend from Canaan.[sup][1][/sup]

The "curse of Ham" had been used by some members of Abrahamic religions to justify racism and the enslavement of people of Black African ancestry, who were believed to be descendants of Ham.[sup][2][/sup][sup][3][/sup] They were often called Hamites and were believed to have descended through Canaan or his older brothers. Proponents of slavery in the US increasingly invoked the 'curse of Ham' in the US during the 19th century, as a response to the growing abolitionist movement.[sup][4][/sup]

Your turn....

you clearly don't read my responses.

As I stated before, smh, the Bible, IMO, isn't to be taken literally. When you do, that's when you have MAN misconstruing the Word and people like you who take THEIR actions, without even reading/comprehending the Bible for yourself, just doing wiki and google searches for substantiations to their already made up mind, then try to put the blame on God when it was MAN's doing. Granted, it was mans doing "in the name of God" but they are misguided. do you understand?

if God intervened on everything then there would be no sin, sickness, disease, etc. we would, essentially, be in heaven. He gives us choice and intervenes when He sees fit, that's how I understand Him. I'm not asking you to agree with what I type but at least TRY to understand and not be a douche about this

other parts of bible are up for debate, but people long knew the earth was round. In the sixth century B.C., Pythagoras suggested a spherical earth.

job 26 7
 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing
.isaiah chap 40 20
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

The inconsistency proves that the book cannot be taken literally. It s a book that contradicts itself.

If the book simply included Adams first Wife, it'd be clear that this book was supposed to be nothing more than entertainment, especially for its time. During the time it was written, even years after it was passed down, not everyone could read it in the language it was written, or simply could not read at all. The book was interpreted to them, which brings about another more problems, then with people making comments like this,
[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]____

God INSPIRED the Bible dog... you know NOTHING about religion/the Bible clearly so I don't even know why i'm still responding to you smh

I've read the bible in three different languages "DOG". Many take the Bible literally, and the Bible and religion was used to justify American slavery, and the treatment of Black people, "DOG".

[h1]Curse of Ham[/h1]

[b][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org...oah.jpg/200px-Ksenophontov_noah.jpg[/img][/b]
[b][img]http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/magnify-clip.png[/img][/b]

The Curse of Ham (also called the curse of Canaan) refers to a story in the Book of Genesis 9:20-27 in which Ham's father Noah places a curse upon Ham's son Canaan, after Ham "saw his father's nakedness" because of drunkenness in Noah's tent.

Some Biblical scholars see the "curse of Canaan" story as an early Hebrew rationalization for Israel's conquest and enslavement of the Canaanites, who were presumed to descend from Canaan.[sup][1][/sup]

The "curse of Ham" had been used by some members of Abrahamic religions to justify racism and the enslavement of people of Black African ancestry, who were believed to be descendants of Ham.[sup][2][/sup][sup][3][/sup] They were often called Hamites and were believed to have descended through Canaan or his older brothers. Proponents of slavery in the US increasingly invoked the 'curse of Ham' in the US during the 19th century, as a response to the growing abolitionist movement.[sup][4][/sup]

Your turn....

As I stated before, smh, the Bible, IMO, isn't to be taken literally. When you do, that's when you have MAN misconstruing the Word and people like you who take THEIR actions, without even reading/comprehending the Bible for yourself, just doing wiki and google searches for substantiations to their already made up mind, then try to put the blame on God when it was MAN's doing. Granted, it was mans doing "in the name of God" but they are misguided. do you understand?

if God intervened on everything then there would be no sin, sickness, disease, etc. we would, essentially, be in heaven. He gives us choice and intervenes when He sees fit, that's how I understand Him. I'm not asking you to agree with what I type but at least TRY to understand and not be a douche about this

So if we can't take the bible literally, how are we supposed to take it? Does that mean we are "allowed" to take it any way that supports our inner demons? You lost me there. If we shouldn't take it literally, what are we supposed to think the truth is?

So if we can't take the bible literally, how are we supposed to take it? Does that mean we are "allowed" to take it any way that supports our inner demons? You lost me there. If we shouldn't take it literally, what are we supposed to think the truth is?

pimp.gif
eyes.gif
smh.gif

in fact...

Romans 16

smh.gif

Here is what I've found...I'll post more later
"EnterDr Gary Greenberg, President of the New York Biblical 
archeological society, he is a white Jew who afterthoroughly 
investigating the Biblical accounts and history he aswell as quite a 
few others have brought forth these truths to correctour story. The 
truths he brought forth were 1. The original Jews wereNile Valley 
Africans and 2. The Bible and it'scharacters/patriarchs etc lives and 
stories were developed and based on the lives andstories of the 
Pharoah's of Kemet. His landmark book is The BibleMyth: The African 
Origins of the Jewish People. It is a must read. Inthe article he expands upon 
the esoteric concepts in Genesis as they relate toNile Valley High 
Culture"

pimp.gif
eyes.gif
smh.gif

in fact...

Romans 16

smh.gif

"EnterDr Gary Greenberg, President of the New York Biblical 
archeological society, he is a white Jew who afterthoroughly 
investigating the Biblical accounts and history he aswell as quite a 
few others have brought forth these truths to correctour story. The 
truths he brought forth were 1. The original Jews wereNile Valley 
Africans and 2. The Bible and it'scharacters/patriarchs etc lives and 
stories were developed and based on the lives andstories of the 
Pharoah's of Kemet. His landmark book is The BibleMyth: The African 
Origins of the Jewish People. It is a must read. Inthe article he expands upon 
the esoteric concepts in Genesis as they relate toNile Valley High 
Culture"

job 26 7
.isaiah chap 40 20

[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]____

[h1]Curse of Ham[/h1]

Your turn....

Again, THREE DIFFERENT LANGUAGES, this is what I've read the bible in. 

Jesus didn't intervene in the middle passage, nor did "god". Moses, with the help of "God" part the red sea to free "his people" in the bible. Now couldn't he have done something on the part of those africans during the middle passage, especially since it was the bible that was being used against them, when they arrived on the shores of Jamestown? 

job 26 7
.isaiah chap 40 20

[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]____

[h1]Curse of Ham[/h1]

Your turn....

Again, THREE DIFFERENT LANGUAGES, this is what I've read the bible in. 

Jesus didn't intervene in the middle passage, nor did "god". Moses, with the help of "God" part the red sea to free "his people" in the bible. Now couldn't he have done something on the part of those africans during the middle passage, especially since it was the bible that was being used against them, when they arrived on the shores of Jamestown? 

Me? I use it for morality (obviously not slavery, women being inferior, etc.) and how I SHOULD live my life positively. There are many lessons of righteous people and those who have been lost but have then been found that can serve as a model for your life. I'm not overly religious, I haven't been to church in a month or two lol (and my Dad is a former pastor) but I read the Bible and tailor its meanings to how I see fit, how I think it should be applied to society today. I pray before I read in hopes that He will reveal the meaning of what I'm reading to how He wants me to understand it.

That's just where I'm at in life right now. When I was going through struggles, I would read the Good Book and I would, somehow, start feeling better/good in the midst of my turmoil. I FELT the power and that was enough for me to KNOW that there is something spiritual about the Book

Me? I use it for morality (obviously not slavery, women being inferior, etc.) and how I SHOULD live my life positively. There are many lessons of righteous people and those who have been lost but have then been found that can serve as a model for your life. I'm not overly religious, I haven't been to church in a month or two lol (and my Dad is a former pastor) but I read the Bible and tailor its meanings to how I see fit, how I think it should be applied to society today. I pray before I read in hopes that He will reveal the meaning of what I'm reading to how He wants me to understand it.

That's just where I'm at in life right now. When I was going through struggles, I would read the Good Book and I would, somehow, start feeling better/good in the midst of my turmoil. I FELT the power and that was enough for me to KNOW that there is something spiritual about the Book

Originally Posted by south sole

pimp.gif
eyes.gif
smh.gif

in fact...

Romans 16

smh.gif

"Enter Dr Gary Greenberg, President of the New York Biblical 
archeological society, he is a white Jew who after thoroughly 
investigating the Biblical accounts and history he as well as quite a 
few others have brought forth these truths to correct our story. The 
truths he brought forth were 1. The original Jews were Nile Valley 
Africans and 2. The Bible and it's characters/patriarchs etc lives and 
stories were developed and based on the lives and stories of the 
Pharoah's of Kemet. His landmark book is The Bible Myth: The African 
Origins of the Jewish People. It is a must read. In the article he expands upon 
the esoteric concepts in Genesis as they relate to Nile Valley High 
Culture"

That is all well and good, but does not answer the question. I know how the Bible was put together, and people CHOSE to leave out the story of Lillith, Adams first wife, because apparently, HER story was not inspired by "God".

Yet another slight against women. 

Originally Posted by south sole

pimp.gif
eyes.gif
smh.gif

in fact...

Romans 16

smh.gif

"Enter Dr Gary Greenberg, President of the New York Biblical 
archeological society, he is a white Jew who after thoroughly 
investigating the Biblical accounts and history he as well as quite a 
few others have brought forth these truths to correct our story. The 
truths he brought forth were 1. The original Jews were Nile Valley 
Africans and 2. The Bible and it's characters/patriarchs etc lives and 
stories were developed and based on the lives and stories of the 
Pharoah's of Kemet. His landmark book is The Bible Myth: The African 
Origins of the Jewish People. It is a must read. In the article he expands upon 
the esoteric concepts in Genesis as they relate to Nile Valley High 
Culture"

That is all well and good, but does not answer the question. I know how the Bible was put together, and people CHOSE to leave out the story of Lillith, Adams first wife, because apparently, HER story was not inspired by "God".

Yet another slight against women. 

"Theinfinity of God is not mysterious, it is only unfathomable; not concealed, butincomprehensible;it is a clear infinity, the darkness of the pure unsearchable sea."

Can we know "fragments of truth"? Only ifthe truth is divisible and complex; but that does not describe God, thesingular and simple and wonderful underlying reality of being: for His essenceis contained fully in my finger: unbroken even when broken as bread or on theCross, even when divided into the Trine. The complexity of life is in myhumanness, that relationship of living in the world that isintersubjective. 

It is only in that process that we can experienceGod, live with Him and through Him fully, unity in the acts of contemplationand love; these things are not knowledge, but experiences: the Lord is beyondthe knowledge of mystery or facts.

[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

"Theinfinity of God is not mysterious, it is only unfathomable; not concealed, butincomprehensible;it is a clear infinity, the darkness of the pure unsearchable sea."

Can we know "fragments of truth"? Only ifthe truth is divisible and complex; but that does not describe God, thesingular and simple and wonderful underlying reality of being: for His essenceis contained fully in my finger: unbroken even when broken as bread or on theCross, even when divided into the Trine. The complexity of life is in myhumanness, that relationship of living in the world that isintersubjective. 

It is only in that process that we can experienceGod, live with Him and through Him fully, unity in the acts of contemplationand love; these things are not knowledge, but experiences: the Lord is beyondthe knowledge of mystery or facts.

[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Back
Top Bottom