Has anyone read the Bible? LOL @ these passages

Originally Posted by oidreez

you're quoting stuff from the old testament though...

what exactly does this mean? it keeps getting repeated every time there is a thread on this. picking and choosing?
grin.gif

as if we should only read the last -200/300 pages ignore the life meanings and all messages in the first half

Originally Posted by oidreez

you're quoting stuff from the old testament though...

what exactly does this mean? it keeps getting repeated every time there is a thread on this. picking and choosing?
grin.gif

as if we should only read the last -200/300 pages ignore the life meanings and all messages in the first half

Originally Posted by moneymike88

The Bible was written by man. So, believe in God (if you choose to of course), but never let some book dictate how you live your life. I sure don't. I lie, steal, and masturbate on a regular basis
smokin.gif

putting this as my Facebook status.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

The Bible was written by man. So, believe in God (if you choose to of course), but never let some book dictate how you live your life. I sure don't. I lie, steal, and masturbate on a regular basis
smokin.gif

putting this as my Facebook status.
pimp.gif

FReSHtaDeFF03 made me remember an old theory I had about religion where it wasn't a scam but an illness of sorts. What if the writers of religious texts and all these ppl that have allegedly talked to GOD or angles or some spirit and got the message in a dream or heard it from a burning bush or w/e are victims of a hallucinogenic gas from Earth's core that's made it's way to the surface? And it simply infected many ppl causing some severe delusions and also causing many to be susceptible to believing them?

I always looked at it as a strong possibility.

I grow tired of the can't understand GOD defense reminds me of a quote I recently came across
God... a being whose only definition is that he is beyond man's power to conceive

FReSHtaDeFF03 made me remember an old theory I had about religion where it wasn't a scam but an illness of sorts. What if the writers of religious texts and all these ppl that have allegedly talked to GOD or angles or some spirit and got the message in a dream or heard it from a burning bush or w/e are victims of a hallucinogenic gas from Earth's core that's made it's way to the surface? And it simply infected many ppl causing some severe delusions and also causing many to be susceptible to believing them?

I grow tired of the can't understand GOD defense reminds me of a quote I recently came across
God... a being whose only definition is that he is beyond man's power to conceive

Originally Posted by Master Zik

It makes sense tho we try to understand God through logic but God created logic. Its like a video game doing more than what the programmers programmed it to do.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

It makes sense tho we try to understand God through logic but God created logic. Its like a video game doing more than what the programmers programmed it to do.

All I gotta say is, eff religion. I've lived my life through good deeds and selflessness (as much as I could, we all slip sometimes), but not in the name of a religion or god telling me to do so, or in the hopes that god will grant me passage into heaven. I've done good deeds in the name of humanity and because I get satisfaction and happiness out of helping others. 

All I gotta say is, eff religion. I've lived my life through good deeds and selflessness (as much as I could, we all slip sometimes), but not in the name of a religion or god telling me to do so, or in the hopes that god will grant me passage into heaven. I've done good deeds in the name of humanity and because I get satisfaction and happiness out of helping others. 

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

I still don't understand why one needs religion. Why do you subscribe to a particular religion?

The same question can be applied to almost anything

Why be a fan of any one team? Why not just enjoy the game? 
nerd.gif

But yea I just think people need groups, clubs or religions to subscribe to its human nature. Even the non religious identify themselves in groups "agnostics" and "atheists".

I dont hate religion its just another form of "groupthink" we all fall into one way or another

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

I still don't understand why one needs religion. Why do you subscribe to a particular religion?

The same question can be applied to almost anything

Why be a fan of any one team? Why not just enjoy the game? 
nerd.gif

But yea I just think people need groups, clubs or religions to subscribe to its human nature. Even the non religious identify themselves in groups "agnostics" and "atheists".

I dont hate religion its just another form of "groupthink" we all fall into one way or another

I can't say that I agree with you entirely cartune, but to some degree you're right about people needing to identify with a group. Most people are not religious in the sense that they abide by the rules or doctrine 100% of the time, yet when a conversation arises that is religiously controversial people begin to speak with a great deal of conviction and passion. I personally find this hypocritical, and unfortunately I see it in myself.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom