Has Derrick Rose lost YOUR respect? SRS

I think, and I am quite sure that earlier in the season, people like Magic Johnson were suggesting that Rose should sit out the entire year. I remember Jalen Rose saying it as well. It seems that he has paid attention to them, and now people are starting to question his heart.

This proves that it's really important to make decisions that you are comfortable with.

They question his heart because of statements like this:

K.C Johnson K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop

Why not say 'I'm out?' DRose: "Who knows? It’s still in the air. I’m still trying to be positive, still trying to take care of my body."

Like many have pointed out, the whole situation has been handled poorly. From Rose, to Adidas, to his brother.

I think, and I am quite sure that earlier in the season, people like Magic Johnson were suggesting that Rose should sit out the entire year. I remember Jalen Rose saying it as well. It seems that he has paid attention to them, and now people are starting to question his heart.

This proves that it's really important to make decisions that you are comfortable with.

They question his heart because of statements like this:

K.C Johnson K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop

Why not say 'I'm out?' DRose: "Who knows? It’s still in the air. I’m still trying to be positive, still trying to take care of my body."

Like many have pointed out, the whole situation has been handled poorly. From Rose, to Adidas, to his brother.

How would you question his heart from a statement like that?

Y'all are reaching :lol:

The wavering, Rupertone. One second, he's at peace with his decision...the next, it's "still up in the air."

What is it? Does he want to be out there or not?

The wavering, Rupertone. One second, he's at peace with his decision...the next, it's "still up in the air."

What is it? Does he want to be out there or not?

What I take from that statement is he wants to be out on the court and its eating him up inside that he's not on the court but he's not ready for it yet.

What makes yall think hes gonna be mentally ready come october? He has a playoff lebron phobia so I figure he won't play this year but im more hurt as a fan than anything. Hes one of 3 fav players, my favorite being kobe as mentally tough as they come.

if he doesn't play vs miami he's ********
So he should "fake" it just for the sake of not being labeled. Please. THink about what you dudes are saying.

Yall are essentially saying that he should do it to shut people up.

This is his career. If HE doesn't feel ready, he doesn't feel ready. He isn't a 12th man. A fringe NBA/D-League dude. He has earned the right to take his good time. So allow him to do so.

Questioning his heart because he is looking for the best possible LONG-TERM solution is nonsense.

Cut all this macho talk out man.

And why on earth would he put himself in that hell-hole vs. MIAMI if he didn't even come back vs. BKN? He would be a damn fool to come back NOW and that be his first exposure to a real game.

wouldnt it be a trip if dude retires in the offseason? :lol:
Yea that would be funny as hell. :lol:

Last edited:
I would rather see a productive drose for years to come then one that isnt ready and has another career threatening injury. regardless if hes cleared medically. i think chicago feels the same way about it. they made the playoffs and second round without their best player this year. i think they are thinking long term/multiple championship run with the squad in place now. and who can blame them for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
EXACTLY what DRose is saying :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

all you guys saying this do know that there's something called public opinion?

you guys don't think that a dude playing for his own city as their chosen son would care about how other perceive him?

athletes are human, and it's very rare that not a single atom of a human being cares about the opinion of others on them

and with that being said, a message board here is to discuss sports. nobody here said, "i lost repsect for rose and I hope it saddens him dearly."

no, its just people talking sports, a popular sports question now after game 7 was asked, and they answered.

you dudes with that immature hood line of, "ayo d rose gettin money and he probably got a stable of yambz too he good :pimp: " mentality :smh:

with that being said, this dudes been watching his brothers go to war and battle in the playoffs while he can probably throw down a 2 handed 360 dunk with relative ease.

this isn't just the 1-year contract dudes he's watching do this where he can pass it off. He's watching Joakin Noah put his body on the line every night with plantar fasciitis and his heart gets him 24-14 !!!!

Loul Deng, another core bull was in the HOSPITAL and you know that the only thing he can think of is how much he wishes he can be on the court for that game 7.

It's actually a pretty perplexing story. You have Thibodeau's bulls, the epitomy of team basketball, grit, hustle, heart, and playing for each other. Which willed an undermanned Bulls team that's battled countless injuries missing their star and others during the season and playoffs, and not only shocked the basketball world getting a 5 seed in the playoffs, but winning a game 7 on the road.

and then on the other hand, you have the player who's supposed to be the superstar, the face, the franchise....he's supposed to be the leader and the one to set an example for one of the greatest coaches in the league...and he's selfishly watching his brothers go out there and put their bodies on the line.

and then people give him a pass, because this years a waste? in the beginning of the year there are only like 6 legit contenders per year tops. do players of the other 24 teams just choose if they wanna go out there and play, or tell management, "sorry guys but since this years a waste, i'm just gunna watch my teammates who actually have heart go out there and play from the sidelines, maybe you'll build a better team next year."

in these playoffs, players have gained my respect and others have lost it. Luol Deng, Joakim, and even if nate's in a contract year...they've all gained my respect. D Rose though, to just watch his brothers in war....:smh:

Last edited:
So many excuses in this thread. He's a franchise player, he's not mentally ready, he can hurt himself or damage the chemistry of a depleted team.....

He's been cleared for months. He's scared. That **** is unacceptable. Your team is struggling and going to war while you're in your suits chilling. Let's not act like the locker room is cool with this. You know they gotta be fired up about this ****. Noah is out here with one of the most painful injuries and he's hooping.

Rose could have played 5-10 minutes a game in the last week or two of the season. He chose not to. He would be ready for the playoffs and would give the Bulls some serious help.

AND this BS about how, "I might play this series or I can't rule this out" is so weak. If I was a Bulls fan, I would hate the guy. Just come out and say you're done and aren't coming back until next season. Muscle memory loss :lol:

Last edited:
What about his teammates? Does it not matter if he loses their respect? His peers? His coaches, etc?

Yes he has to do what's best for him as everyone does but there are consequences to all of your actions. I hope he is ready to deal with them because he is showing a lack of mental toughness (he is afraid) to well.....everyone.

Last edited:
So if D rose comes out and plays timid and ruins bulls chemistry will yall respect him again?

output doesn't matter. its the softness and non-existant effort/attempt.

the bulls are the only team in the nba right now that i'd characterize as a group of soldiers who are down to (figuratively) die for the cause and this dude's just being selfish.

nobody is saying he has to start either, he can go out there and be on a "minutes limit." and play spot mins going from the first to the second quarter, and going from the third into the fourth.

i honestly at this point wouldn't be surprised if what he's doing angers and pushes his teammates even more in the game to make it a point to him, themselves, and everyone watching.

You may be right.

His teammates are probably tired of hearing about him. They know he can play they see it in practice and they may try to show that they don't need him. That might be a good or a bad thing when Rose does come back. But to think it had no effect is silly. At least his knee will be 1000%. Right?

so tired of hearing the excuse "he's a franchise player, it;s about his career not right now" Kobe is a franchise player, AP is a franchise player, Rondo and westbrook are franchise players and they will all come back the MOMENT they are cleared to play. That is the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard.

There's no predicting the future. He could sit out all of next season as well, come back and get injured the first game. THERE'S NO TELLING. Derrick rose is a mental ******. He's a square. If he sits out the 2nd round his career will be tarnished. Ain't nobody behind closed doors respects that decision in their heart. That included Magic and all the other reporters on TV being politically correct "contractually obligated" to support derrick rose to sway the public's perception.

When he finally does come back, no doubt he will be great again. But this won't be forgotten, and if people were true NBA fans with competitive principles, they'd lose their fandom for this guy moving forward.

Please, save your excuse of franchise player. As a player in the NBA, your JOB is to ENTERTAIN the fans who pay your check. It's not about you as a player. No heart, and if he sits out the 2nd round, that will prove he's not worthy to be on a heart driven bulls team.

Well he just confirmed he isn't returning against the Heat or at any point.

P****

Last edited:
so tired of hearing the excuse "he's a franchise player, it;s about his career not right now" Kobe is a franchise player, AP is a franchise player, Rondo and westbrook are franchise players and they will all come back the MOMENT they are cleared to play. That is the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard.

There's no predicting the future. He could sit out all of next season as well, come back and get injured the first game. THERE'S NO TELLING. Derrick rose is a mental ******. He's a square. If he sits out the 2nd round his career will be tarnished. Ain't nobody behind closed doors respects that decision in their heart. That included Magic and all the other reporters on TV being politically correct "contractually obligated" to support derrick rose to sway the public's perception.

When he finally does come back, no doubt he will be great again. But this won't be forgotten, and if people were true NBA fans with competitive principles, they'd lose their fandom for this guy moving forward.

Please, save your excuse of franchise player. As a player in the NBA, your JOB is to ENTERTAIN the fans who pay your check. It's not about you as a player. No heart, and if he sits out the 2nd round, that will prove he's not worthy to be on a heart driven bulls team.

Rose doesn't owe ANYTHING to the fans. Nada.

However, for the other men in the locker room battling through injuries, sickness, etc....well, you could make an argument (like others have) that he owes it to them to be out there.

Rose doesn't owe ANYTHING to the fans. Nada.

However, for the other men in the locker room battling through injuries, sickness, etc....well, you could make an argument (like others have) that he owes it to them to be out there.

You are serious.....saying that with a straight face?

There is no refuting that as a professional athlete, your paycheck comes from the fans. Your job is not to be a diva, you are an ENTERTAINER. Everyone knows sports is ONLY a business, it's not about the teams history, their wins, their culture, etc. It's sales. It's a marketing company. He has a job just like every body else in the world. And just like you, you cater to who pays your check. Doesn't matter if you own your own business, you cater to who your demographic is.

You are serious.....saying that with a straight face?

There is no refuting that as a professional athlete, your paycheck comes from the fans. Your job is not to be a diva, you are an ENTERTAINER. Everyone knows sports is ONLY a business, it's not about the teams history, their wins, their culture, etc. It's sales. It's a marketing company. He has a job just like every body else in the world. And just like you, you cater to who pays your check. Doesn't matter if you own your own business, you cater to who your demographic is.

I honestly can't believe that you're sitting there saying it's Rose's job to entertain the fans. His job is to win games and produce. Appeasing the fans - nah :lol:

If you want to go to a game where an athlete's main objective is to entertain the fans, go cop yourself some globetrotter tickets. Maybe you'll get a garbage pail of confetti dumped on your head.

Last edited:
I honestly can't believe that you're sitting there saying it's Rose's job to entertain the fans. His job is to win games and produce. Appeasing the fans - nah :lol:

If you want to go to a game where an athlete's main objective is to entertain the fans, go cop yourself some globetrotter tickets. Maybe you'll get a garbage pail of confetti dumped on your head.

you are dense.

Won't waste any more time further debating an UN-debateable topic. let someone else chime in and explain it to you.

you are dense.

Won't waste any more time further debating an UN-debateable topic. let someone else chime in and explain it to you.

:lol: It's clear you don't know what you're talking about but yea....I'll wait for someone else to explain it.

Back
Top Bottom