Has Derrick Rose lost YOUR respect? SRS

so tired of hearing the excuse "he's a franchise player, it;s about his career not right now" Kobe is a franchise player, AP is a franchise player, Rondo and westbrook are franchise players and they will all come back the MOMENT they are cleared to play. That is the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard.

There's no predicting the future. He could sit out all of next season as well, come back and get injured the first game. THERE'S NO TELLING. Derrick rose is a mental ******. He's a square. If he sits out the 2nd round his career will be tarnished. Ain't nobody behind closed doors respects that decision in their heart. That included Magic and all the other reporters on TV being politically correct "contractually obligated" to support derrick rose to sway the public's perception.

When he finally does come back, no doubt he will be great again. But this won't be forgotten, and if people were true NBA fans with competitive principles, they'd lose their fandom for this guy moving forward.

Please, save your excuse of franchise player. As a player in the NBA, your JOB is to ENTERTAIN the fans who pay your check. It's not about you as a player. No heart, and if he sits out the 2nd round, that will prove he's not worthy to be on a heart driven bulls team.
You going in for no real reason. Dude is gonna do what is best for him to compete. You know if he continues playing like how he used to play, he will get another max contract before he retires?

He's finally been shut down by the Bulls. Every ounce of criticism he got following the doctors clearing him has been deserved. It was poorly handled from all angles.

laugh.gif
Muscle memory.

Son is just still socially awkward and doesn't express his intents well. I don't excuse it, but I understand it. We were all young with our quirks, but we didn't have cameras in our ******g faces everyday. He needs a wrestling manager to come out and speak for him on some Paul Heyman tip.

Last edited:
Please, save your excuse of franchise player. As a player in the NBA, your JOB is to ENTERTAIN the fans who pay your check. It's not about you as a player. No heart, and if he sits out the 2nd round, that will prove he's not worthy to be on a heart driven bulls team.
Boy you sound like David Stern right about now.

Not his job to entertain. It is his job to put himself and his family in the best possible situation to receive financials from playing this game for as long as possible. You do that through performing at a high level for as long as you can. So him not being ready is on him. He will come back when he is ready.

But implying that, "entertaining the fans" should be enough motivation might be the craziest thing said in this thread.

so tired of hearing the excuse "he's a franchise player, it;s about his career not right now" Kobe is a franchise player, AP is a franchise player, Rondo and westbrook are franchise players and they will all come back the MOMENT they are cleared to play. That is the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard.

There's no predicting the future. He could sit out all of next season as well, come back and get injured the first game. THERE'S NO TELLING. Derrick rose is a mental ******. He's a square. If he sits out the 2nd round his career will be tarnished. Ain't nobody behind closed doors respects that decision in their heart. That included Magic and all the other reporters on TV being politically correct "contractually obligated" to support derrick rose to sway the public's perception.

When he finally does come back, no doubt he will be great again. But this won't be forgotten, and if people were true NBA fans with competitive principles, they'd lose their fandom for this guy moving forward.

If Derrick Rose does not fit the mold of a franchise player in the NBA, and as a GM/President of the Chicago Bulls, if you feel that he is not entertaining the 23,000 + fans that fill up the United Center, trade him. If your team is built with a blue collar mentality like the citizens of Chicago, you don't want this guy being the face of your franchise. No disrespect to Robinson or Deng but do you think the effort Nate put forth to play after throwing during timeouts is automatically going to get him resigned this offseason? Or how about Deng who has been the cornerstone of your franchise for 8 years now. Is attempting to playing going to stop his name from being in trade rumors every year? At the end of the end of the day this is about business, and Derrick Rose has to do what is best for his brand because these executives will you into the ground and cut you without any notice. When he comes back next year, he'll still be in the top 5 in jersey sales, Adidas will still drop Rose 4, and y'all can go back to using him in NBA 2K14.

boy he looks athletic there.... :lol:

Man you see how the camera zoomed out so you could see his whole lower body...the camera man prb had the "man did this dude just did this" look on his face afterwards.

"Man did this dude just did this"

Last edited:
Boy you sound like David Stern right about now.

Not his job to entertain. It is his job to put himself and his family in the best possible situation to receive financials from playing this game for as long as possible. You do that through performing at a high level for as long as you can. So him not being ready is on him. He will come back when he is ready.

But implying that, "entertaining the fans" should be enough motivation might be the craziest thing said in this thread.

Thank you. Dude had quite possibly the stupidest post I've read on NT today.

"his job is to entertain the fans."

:rofl:

He was serious w/ that too. :smh:

Coming from a Bulls fan who went to the game last night, he has lost ZERO respect from me. I knew from the start he wasn't going to play this season. This was the first major injury of the his life, of course he's going to be very precautions about it. You guys act like he's playing with another superstar that can take the pressure off him. He doesn't have a D Wade, D Howard, Westbrook, etc to take the pressure off him so he can ease his way back into the lineup and take the pressure off him. He has to do it all by himself on the offensive end, this constructed team wasn't built to help him out this season. Look at the contracts they signed this off season, the writing was on the wall. The only part I'm upset about is how they handled it, they should've came out and said he wouldn't return a lot earlier. That part right there led to all the criticism.

He has to do way too much compared to a Rubio or Shumpert. I applaud them for coming back but they aren't go-to guys or superstars. Derrick Rose has it set in his mind that he wants to challenge LeBron for the best player in the league, he really believes he can, not Melo or KD.

The first heroic moment he has next season, ALL WILL BE FORGOTTEN!

I've lost respect for the Bulls organization. I'm sure there have been discussions about Rose's rehab process and about sitting out this season. They also know all too well about Rose's public speaking deficiencies. Instead of showing any sort of empathy, compassion or concern for their franchise player, they decide on a public execution of his character for financial purposes. It's not Derrick Rose holding the public hostage home game after home game for the bottom line ie ticket sales, merchandise revenue at the arena, concession revenue etc. It has been perfectly clear for some time now that Derrick Rose is going to sit out this season. So what does the Bulls PR machine do, how do they treat the fans that "pay" [this is so absurd and moronic its almost assine] .. and do you think at the end of the season the Bobcats front office is calling all the players in one by one telling them that the "fans" didn't cover their paycheck for this season.

Anyways getting back to the Bulls PR machine what do they do for the immediate dollars, they assassinate Derrick Rose's character, yeah the organization that's suppose to have their star player's best interest at heart.

Btw that's not even getting into team chemistry and how a player with Rose's particular skillset is going to completely throw that off.

Son is just still socially awkward and doesn't express his intents well. I don't excuse it, but I understand it. We were all young with our quirks, but we didn't have cameras in our ******g faces everyday. He needs a wrestling manager to come out and speak for him on some Paul Heyman tip.
LOL

What would be the point of the FRANCHISE PLAYER coming back on limited minutes? He hasn't played all season why the hell would you logically want him to jump right in to playoff ball? And compare him to his teammates that HAVE played the entire season? That's dumb his coming back will not suddenly make them a contender so in essence he'd be coming back to shut up the same idiots that will praise him when he's playing next year. Why risk your entire future for that? Seriously, why? He can't do anything outside of ball so I can understand him wanting to protect that long term. If anyone is selfish its the organization who thew him under the bus in the first place, the media who keeps going to the parties involved for a story and the fans who will never be satisfied ever. I would rather wait and have an entire career of rose than a rusty, lethargic rose.

I've lost respect for the Bulls organization. I'm sure there have been discussions about Rose's rehab process and about sitting out this season. They also know all too well about Rose's public speaking deficiencies. Instead of showing any sort of empathy, compassion or concern for their franchise player, they decide on a public execution of his character for financial purposes. It's not Derrick Rose holding the public hostage home game after home game for the bottom line ie ticket sales, merchandise revenue at the arena, concession revenue etc. It has been perfectly clear for some time now that Derrick Rose is going to sit out this season. So what does the Bulls PR machine do, how do they treat the fans that "pay" [this is so absurd and moronic its almost assine] .. and do you think at the end of the season the Bobcats front office is calling all the players in one by one telling them that the "fans" didn't cover their paycheck for this season.

Anyways getting back to the Bulls PR machine what do they do for the immediate dollars, they assassinate Derrick Rose's character, yeah the organization that's suppose to have their star player's best interest at heart.

Btw that's not even getting into team chemistry and how a player with Rose's particular skillset is going to completely throw that off.

What about some of the blame being placed on Reggie Rose? Dude has been bumping his gums for the longest and hasn't done his brother any favors with some of the things he's said. This is what you get when you mix family w/ business.

*Also, how did the Bulls publicly execute Rose's character?

That's another point too, Rose is dumb as rocks, all he knows is basketball. If his career was over today, what could he really do with his life? He's gotta protect his only investment. I have no problems with that.

No.

And it annoys me when people try to tell him when he should be ready to play. That's up to him. I understand that doctors cleared him, but if he's not 100% comfortable out there, he'll do more harm than good. At the end of the day, he has to look out for himself first. **** the fans. **** the critics.

Guaranteed if it was Lebron that pulled this, you would be singing a Completely different tune.

I do dislike the guy, but you are wrong. I will always side with an athlete over a fan base or ownership.

That's another point too, Rose is dumb as rocks, all he knows is basketball. If his career was over today, what could he really do with his life? He's gotta protect his only investment. I have no problems with that.

Def is dumb as rocks lol. But he's set for life man. He's got multiple years on his contract , the Adidas contract. Everyone's acting like he'd be gambling his entire fortune if he came back. Talking about "need to look out for his kids, his family, his money". He's already got it!

I just don't get it. He's in no more jeopardy of hurting his ACL than he was before the injury happened. If he's this frail right now - mentally, I'm extremly worried about him being the same ever again.

Def is dumb as rocks lol. But he's set for life man. He's got multiple years on his contract , the Adidas contract. Everyone's acting like he'd be gambling his entire fortune if he came back. Talking about "need to look out for his kids, his family, his money". He's already got it!

I just don't get it. He's in no more jeopardy of hurting his ACL than he was before the injury happened. If he's this frail right now - mentally, I'm extremly worried about him being the same ever again.

You don't know that man's personal life and expenses to say he's set for life already if it ended today.

You don't know that man's personal life and expenses to say he's set for life already if it ended today.

Um I sort of do, we all do. 5 year extension last year 95 million dollars. 260 million dollar 10 year Adidas deal.

Last edited:
I have 't lost any respect for him. I figured he should sit out the entire season anyway. Why come back after not playing for an entire year against the toughest team
in the league? I tore my ACL many years ago and have never been the same.

Shump ballin

Nate Throwing up on the bench

Taj, Joakim, and Deng all banged up

Chi made it past the 1st round

and this dude STILL ain't giving it a shot???

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom