Has Melo's Image Changed ?

He is and always has been COLD... thats all that's ever mattered to me.

Thats my guy
pimp.gif

now its Lala acting all hyphy @ games now. see G4.

and there's always the offseason for melo.

as far as on the court behavior ---

i agree he's still the same melo. it's just that they're winning and advancing and these current feelgood feelings mask any negativity from his past incidents.

it's short term playoff success, so we'll see how long it will last. they set a pretty high bar by advancing to the wcf.

keep advancing out of the 1st rd and it might disappear, but until then it's up in the air - dependent on the team's success.

as playoff stakes rise, tension rises and he's still capable of going off and bringing back the confrontational melo we've seen.

if the lakers advance, i can't wait til sasha vujacic mixes it up with him.

if you don't know or forgot

http://www.youtube.com/v/RzqkEm_jwpg&hl=en&fs=1

C'mon man that &*^*& was the most over acted thing ever. The Lakers gotta toughen up.

Carmelo's leadership won't be in question from me as he led Syracuse to a NC as a freshman and put them on his back. Dude's leadership skills werein full throttle there.

Now obviously its a totally different world between NCAA and NBA but, if Carmelo can come anywhere close to where he was as a freshman at SU then he will be atop 5 player in the league IMO.

Behind the...LeBron, Kobe, Paul...crew (Howard is not there yet because he is by far the most inconsistent player of anybody).

His reputation has vastly improved. He's starting to be known as a hard worker who's skills show on the court. His attitude has gotten better too.Finally getting the respect he deserves.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by yungmatt

^
laugh.gif
Im slowly becoming a believer... He's got Chauncey to thank.

Son is doin it right now though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Better late than never bro.

MY _ MELOOOOOO!!!!

Put me on that bandwagon also....dude has shown A LOT since Billups arrived....

but like PT said, when Billups is off that roster, we'll see how much Melo has actually matured when he has to lead that team on his own....

*off subject, did anyone read that article on Billups that was on ESPN earlier this week?
eek.gif
I got so much respect for this cat it isn't evenfunny....straight up blue-collar....

And can y'all finally admit that having Ivo on the team stunted Melo's growth as a complete player?

I and others have been screaming that for forever, yet lost of y'all were like "Hell no, blah, blah, blah"

Adding Chauncey, coming off that Team USA experience was the perfect storm.

I mean, really. My son is playing defense now
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Smiling like a proud father watching my only son that made it"

Melo & Will Bynum in one year
pimp.gif

Yungmatt, check.
DoubleJs, check
All we need now is Allen. Where art thou my melanin challenged brethren?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

^
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

MY _ MELOOOOOO!!!!
did anyone read that article on Billups that was on ESPN earlier this week? .
I probably emailed that $%@% to about 30 people.

Originally Posted by Pretty Toney

^
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

MY _ MELOOOOOO!!!!

Put up the Link fam.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Pretty Toney

^
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

MY _ MELOOOOOO!!!!

Put up the Link fam.
http://sports.espn.go.com...tory?page=090511/billups

And can y'all finally admit that having Ivo on the team stunted Melo's growth as a complete player?

I and others have been screaming that for forever, yet lost of y'all were like "Hell no, blah, blah, blah"

Adding Chauncey, coming off that Team USA experience was the perfect storm.

I mean, really. My son is playing defense now
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thats where he's REALLY turned the corner... Like I said, its amazing what 1 player can do for an entire team. Chauncey is that dude.

I still dont think A.I. was the blame though... I blame George Karl if anything. Chauncey is the coach of that team in my eyes. Especially after reading thearticle where this idiot George Karl didnt even have an in bounds play
sick.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

That was a great article. I read that %+!$ yesterday.

SMH @ Patino.

It's gonna be a great next couple years watching the SF's in the L. Melo, KD, LBJ, etc

pimp.gif

I still dont think A.I. was the blame though... I blame George Karl if anything. Chauncey is the coach of that team in my eyes. Especially after reading the article where this idiot George Karl didnt even have an in bounds play
sick.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

True.

But I still give GK some credit for the teams success this year.

But man:
Iverson has been popular but counterproductive in Denver. Key members of the organization say that Iverson has partied some nights until 3 in the morning, and that Denver's two most crucial players -- Anthony and J.R. Smith -- have tried to keep up with him. They say Anthony and Smith look at Iverson with reverence, the same way Chauncey's generation looked at Michael Jordan. So when A.I. says, "Let's go out,'" they go out. When A.I. wears a sleeve on his arm, they wear a sleeve.
Off the court and on the court.

I LOVE Ivo (NH) but a player like Melo w/ a guy like Ivo isn't the best partnership.

I mean Melo is scoring so much easier now.

Plus his elbow is finally healthy.
Originally Posted by slaman16

Much has to do with the attitude and focus Billups brought to the Nuggets. Yes, Melo's a different player now, but I doubt he would be this way if not for the trade.
He's been like that since the the summer.

I've always had love for Melo because his game has so much finesse. Out if him, Bron, and Wade, Melo has always had the cleanest style; and that'scertainly appreciated.

However I do agree that the Nuggets is Chauncey's team.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Didn't Bron grow up in the "hood"
I believe. And Wade didn't exactly have a stable childhood either, they just choose not to act like goons but I guess that's Baltimorefor you.

I personally cant stand him especially that smirk and his attitude on the court

if it isnt for chauncey, no one would be talking about him
chauncey is that dude tho, no one ever talks about him when we have top guard discussions, I personally think he is the best PG now and top 10 when his time isdone.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

chauncey is that dude tho, no one ever talks about him when we have top guard discussions, I personally think he is the best PG now and top 10 when his time is done.
Yo Shut the !$#+ up already.

You haven't done anything but hate since he been carving your boys up.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

he personally lit up your boys.

thats all that really matters

melo better not get robbed out of an all star appearance next year

Thing about Melo is, he's not a leader. I don't think it's in his mental make up to lead, he's just a very good basketball player. That Nuggetsteam is Billups, with Melo playing the role of efficient scorer, you see how the team has changed since he got there. Has his image changed? I don't thinkso cause he still does sucka like stuff on the court, i.e. slapping people in the face to commit fouls ,and pushing people trying to show he's"tough". Also, you can throw that hood dude argument out the window cause he's no more hood than Bron, and you never see him disrespect people onthe court other than with his game. Melo to me is forever a sucka after what he did to Ginobli that one year during the playoffs. You do not trip and push agrown man down by the back of his neck cause he been busting yo $!@ all night. I'm cool on dude.

Melo is finally displaying the kind of game Nuggets fans/Melo fans have been saying he had. Chauncey without a doubt has had a huge impact on this team. Ithink what Chauncey has done is he's made the guys take ownership of the team and he's instilled the importance of playing together as a team.

Billups article was dope.

Smith, in particular, tells people no one has ever influenced him more than Chauncey. On the court, Chauncey wants him talking on defense, and off the court, Chauncey wants him out of clubs. And Smith is all ears. After a game one night, Smith asks Chauncey why he only shot six times, and Chauncey tells him, "I read the game. I don't play for stats. I don't play for none of that no more. I play for the win." Smith's reaction: "Damn. Makes sense."
JR Smith is a fool.
laugh.gif

chauncey is that dude tho, no one ever talks about him when we have top guard discussions, I personally think he is the best PG now and top 10 when his time is done.
Yo Shut the !$#+ up already.

You haven't done anything but hate since he been carving your boys up.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
the best melo can do was cancel out dirk. then you have chaunceyripping kidd a new one and jr smith hitting the lights

I admit melo is nice but there are players out there better than melo whom I hate as well.

One thing I respect about Melo is that he works hard to be a better player...anyone ever watch "Melos Way" it comes on BET Jazz I think...he reallygoes hard...he's in the best shape of his career and this was b4 chauncey came aboard...he wants it...he knows that LBJ and Wade have gotten more accoladesthan him and he knows he can play on their level...

He isn't a leader like Bron or Wade I agree but he does lead by example in certain ways...all the hate is silly imo especially if you're a Mavsfan...ha

Back
Top Bottom