Has Melo's Image Changed ?

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

nope ... hes still a punk !!* @!%*! to me ... old swingin and runnin lookin boy ... wish someone would knock his block off
QFT.
roll.gif
roll.gif
. dude sucker punched some dude and booked it.....PUNK $@#%@.

Originally Posted by November33rd

Billups article was dope.

Smith, in particular, tells people no one has ever influenced him more than Chauncey. On the court, Chauncey wants him talking on defense, and off the court, Chauncey wants him out of clubs. And Smith is all ears. After a game one night, Smith asks Chauncey why he only shot six times, and Chauncey tells him, "I read the game. I don't play for stats. I don't play for none of that no more. I play for the win." Smith's reaction: "Damn. Makes sense."
JR Smith is a fool.
laugh.gif

smokin.gif

This Carmelo dude is a faker to me. Never pop none, never poke none. Son went to a private school yet he tatted himself up with all these gang symbols as ifhis life was tough or something. He slap that one dude from the Knick and then back paddle faster than anyone i ever see.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

nope ... hes still a punk !!* @!%*! to me ... old swingin and runnin lookin boy ... wish someone would knock his block off
QFT.
roll.gif
roll.gif
Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

This Carmelo dude is a faker to me. Never pop none, never poke none. Son went to a private school yet he tatted himself up with all these gang symbols as if his life was tough or something. He slap that one dude from the Knick and then back paddle faster than anyone i ever see.
laugh.gif

a10lth.gif

Originally Posted by November33rd

Billups article was dope.

Smith, in particular, tells people no one has ever influenced him more than Chauncey. On the court, Chauncey wants him talking on defense, and off the court, Chauncey wants him out of clubs. And Smith is all ears. After a game one night, Smith asks Chauncey why he only shot six times, and Chauncey tells him, "I read the game. I don't play for stats. I don't play for none of that no more. I play for the win." Smith's reaction: "Damn. Makes sense."
JR Smith is a fool.
laugh.gif

JR with the epiphany.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

QFT.
roll.gif
roll.gif

he punched mardy collins, a rookie, and it was a soft punch

then jared jeffries out of anyone stepped up to him and he dont want it

nate rob taking out jr smith
pimp.gif

This Carmelo dude is a faker to me. Never pop none, never poke none. Son went to a private school yet he tatted himself up with all these gang symbols as if his life was tough or something. He slap that one dude from the Knick and then back paddle faster than anyone i ever see.
laugh.gif
1. Oak Hill isn't a private school

2. Lebron James went to a private school and was tatted in high school so whats your point?

3. What gang signs does Carmelo have tatted on him?

laugh.gif
???

He went to Towson Catholic to play ball, he played there 3 years for free before they shipped him off to Oak Hill toplay...

And please give insight to what gang signs he has tatted on him...

melo better not get robbed out of an all star appearance next year

He didn't this year, he didn't play due to that elbow injury...

I honestly think he's doing a better job at tryina be a better person at this point of his career even though he tried a couple of times after AI wastraded. If he focuses on staying out of trouble off court, then he'll be good....

And as hard as it may seem, he might just need to stay away from Baltimore and the people he hangs around wit that's from here... it seems like almosteverytime he's home, the media gets a hold of him for negative reason (other than his charity work)...

If he puts the same amount of effort into being a better player as he does into having a better image, he should be good on his part... the other part would befor people to forget his past and to accept him as a better person...

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

laugh.gif
1. Oak Hill isn't a private school

2. Lebron James went to a private school and was tatted in high school so whats your point?

3. What gang signs does Carmelo have tatted on him?

Huh? You pay tuition to go there...it's private, boss.

Melo's had a pretty clean record lately but I think he's gonna step over the line a couple more times during his career before he maturesenough.....and yeah billups has been a good influence but having Kmart there almost negates it....what an idiot!

I think winning solves a lot of problems and thats whats happened with Melo.

When you're winning that can't say many negative things about you. He can thank Billups for a lot of it.

It's good to see Melo deep in the playoffs...

yeah, i think so. even my mom said "hey, this Carmelo guy really cleaned himself up. but who are all these thugs with tattoos?"
laugh.gif

like people have said, when you're winning and not making any drama, it's all good.

Originally Posted by slaman16

Much has to do with the attitude and focus Billups brought to the Nuggets. Yes, Melo's a different player now, but I doubt he would be this way if not for the trade.
there's some truth to that, but Billups was the icing on the cake. Melo made the decision to grow up and focus on his career over the summerin Beijing.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Didn't Bron grow up in the "hood"
I believe. And Wade didn't exactly have a stable childhood either, they just choose not to act like goons but I guess that's Baltimore for you.

Exactly. It was Melo's choice to be like that. However, both Bron and Wade did have father figures in life. I don't know about Melo.

you can say melos matured but he's never even been that bad of a guy to begin with imo, the stop snitching and the weed incident were overblown in myopinion. he had really poor judgement for that stuff but he got crucified for that, same with the mardy collins incident, again ppor judgement in an incidentthat got overblown. i know melos been real active in the community both in denver and balitmore if im not mistaken but you only hear the bad stuff about him.that being said i've been a huge melo fan since his rookie year and gravitated towards him more then i did lebron and dwayne wade in that rookie class andits good to see him finally have some playoff success. hopefully that playoff success ends in the western conference finals though.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

I personally cant stand him especially that smirk and his attitude on the court

if it isnt for chauncey, no one would be talking about him
chauncey is that dude tho, no one ever talks about him when we have top guard discussions, I personally think he is the best PG now and top 10 when his time is done.
Yo Shut the !$#+ up already.

You haven't done anything but hate since he been carving your boys up.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
hahahaha right??

and to anybody who says they can't see the change in Melo, you haven't been watching so stop trying to comment.

also, to add to my previous comment, another thing that really kicked Melo into gear was the birth of his first child.

edit: one more thing, to lakersmets, I agree with you. he's been villa-fied for his actions. you can't really defend what he's done, but whathe's done wasn't so bad that people should still be trying to bring it up as if it has anything to do with his character or his game on the court atthis point. i dig that you have a reasonable perspective on the guy. he deserves more of a chance from people, IMO.

I'd say yes...but if you get under his skin..it will be all back to normal

I'd say his game hasn't changed tho..just more a team player

Originally Posted by yungmatt

He's growing up... At least from what it sounds like in his recent interviews.

Cant be too sure though cause I dont know him . You never know what these dudes do in their time off the court and camera. Not my business anyway.

Yea hes has really showed up big
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom