Have you discovered the unbelievable greatness of iTunes U? Update: Slick new app for iOS devices

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by Wr

What about all the people on NT that will star calling you a "youtube scholar". As if it's some bad thing?

the term youtube scholar is usually people who listen to other peoples videos i.e. kanye Illuminati bs and pretend they actually know !!+!. This is from a credible source and not your average uploader.
I 100% agree with this.
I see this creating a new set though out of two currently annoying ones.  The youtube scholar merges with the undergrad phd.  Some kid halfway through his course who wants to flaunt his new knowledge like he's the preeminent authority on it.  I can't stand those kids on here, they're so transparent.

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by Wr

What about all the people on NT that will star calling you a "youtube scholar". As if it's some bad thing?

the term youtube scholar is usually people who listen to other peoples videos i.e. kanye Illuminati bs and pretend they actually know !!+!. This is from a credible source and not your average uploader.
I 100% agree with this.
I see this creating a new set though out of two currently annoying ones.  The youtube scholar merges with the undergrad phd.  Some kid halfway through his course who wants to flaunt his new knowledge like he's the preeminent authority on it.  I can't stand those kids on here, they're so transparent.

#1 what is youtube EDU? (I'm without a computer at the moment, sorry)

#2 can you guys recommend something intellectually stimulating, podcast or audio book or something to play while I jog?

Thanks in advance.

#1 what is youtube EDU? (I'm without a computer at the moment, sorry)

#2 can you guys recommend something intellectually stimulating, podcast or audio book or something to play while I jog?

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Wow honestly this is why I love NT, thank you OP.

Real talk right here.
Posting to check out later.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i think stanford started doing this whole "streaming" thing a while ago. problem was, they would only show you SOME of the lectures and you would have to pay money to see the ones that actually mattered
laugh.gif
good to see they finally started putting the entire courses up.

i think stanford started doing this whole "streaming" thing a while ago. problem was, they would only show you SOME of the lectures and you would have to pay money to see the ones that actually mattered
laugh.gif
good to see they finally started putting the entire courses up.

So bro's let me ask a question. If we will get all these lectures and stuff online for free, in the coming future what will be the purpose of paying tuition and going to college?

So bro's let me ask a question. If we will get all these lectures and stuff online for free, in the coming future what will be the purpose of paying tuition and going to college?

Originally Posted by Wr

You still have to go somewhere or somehow demonstrate competency in a subject so higher ed as an institution will never end. This is most valuable to those in HS or those in college still deciding on a major. Now, you can take in a bunch of real college lectures on a subject and make a better decision rather than wasting money on a complete unknown.

Originally Posted by Wr

You still have to go somewhere or somehow demonstrate competency in a subject so higher ed as an institution will never end. This is most valuable to those in HS or those in college still deciding on a major. Now, you can take in a bunch of real college lectures on a subject and make a better decision rather than wasting money on a complete unknown.

I took the MIT Linear Algebra course over summer.

If you want to dive even further into this start emailing professors at prestigious universities and most of them are more than happy to provide study guides for their courses. I had a professor from Columbia give me Tests/Quizes and he even took it upon himself (probably his TA) to grade them and send them back to me. 

I took the MIT Linear Algebra course over summer.

If you want to dive even further into this start emailing professors at prestigious universities and most of them are more than happy to provide study guides for their courses. I had a professor from Columbia give me Tests/Quizes and he even took it upon himself (probably his TA) to grade them and send them back to me. 

the resources are always out there man, you just gotta find them
bt nice post i may look at that programming this summer

the resources are always out there man, you just gotta find them
bt nice post i may look at that programming this summer

I think we should recommend good video that we find on these sites. There is def. a plethora of shizz that im not willing to spend all day looking through.. Ill post biz related stuff when I find something goood

I think we should recommend good video that we find on these sites. There is def. a plethora of shizz that im not willing to spend all day looking through.. Ill post biz related stuff when I find something goood

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Wr

i wish all this stuff was out while I was in high school. I def would have did a year of research before I went to college.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Wr

i wish all this stuff was out while I was in high school. I def would have did a year of research before I went to college.

Back
Top Bottom