HBO SERIES SUCCESSION..... OH......SO NOW YALL TRYNA HOP ON THE BANDWAGON

He's not really powerful. He's a figurehead, and his "leadership" is based on the presidential election, which seems to still be up in the air.

Once Matsson doesn't need him anymore, he'll get someone else. He just did the American CEO for presidential approval.

but his talent seems to be kissing *** and not being threatening, so maybe he can survive 🤷‍♂️
Not being Matsson doesn't make him not very powerful. He's at the apex of where he wanted to be, part of an old money family with a prestige position. He's malleable and is everything Matsson wants in a pain sponge, should be around for a long time. Even if he doesn't, now he's in a spot to reuse his talents.

Not being Matsson doesn't make him not very powerful. He's at the apex of where he wanted to be, part of an old money family with a prestige position. He's malleable and is everything Matsson wants in a pain sponge, should be around for a long time. Even if he doesn't, now he's in a spot to reuse his talents.

Matsson told him that his job was easy and he would be doing it. He just needed his face for Manken. What happens if Manken doesn't win? What happens in four years? Hell, Matsson changes his mind.

Saying he's powerful, would be like saying he was powerful during the previous four years. It was the same thing, either Logan or the kids calling the real shots.

He's powerful to people like Greg. That's not power, because nobody with real power ever looked at Tom as a peer.

Had a feeling none of the kids would win in the end and Tom would be CEO!

Felt for Kendall, this is what he wanted since episode 1 but at the last minute could never get it

When Ken was hugging Roman really tight at the end. So hard his stitches popped. Was a direct throwback to Logan hugging Ken the night after the car accident.

In that moment, Ken was exactly like his father. Using intimidation to prey on someone in a moment of vulnerability.

Except the kids only let that **** slide because Logan was their father at the end of the day. And for as much of a terrible human being as he was, they still respected his position in the family.

With Ken, they seen him as an equal. And there’s zero chance they are stomaching that persona from their brother.

Ken was doomed from the start. He had to be different than his dad for his siblings to accept him. He also had to be like his dad for the rest of the world to accept him. It was a losing battle from the beginning

Ken also swimming in a body of water also marks a significant turning point in his life. First time in the pool where he nearly drowned, he hit rock bottom.

Second time was during this season after he became co-CEO. Third time was this episode after he was “anointed” CEO by his siblings

My favorite scene was getting a glimpse of them being SIBLINGS in the kitchen and saying I love you to their mother as she went to bed.

Jesse Armstrong is ****ing brilliant. So many layers upon layers of meaning to this show. The surface level plot is outstanding to begin with but if you want to get nerdy, there’s so much there to sink your teeth into. Absolutely incredible

Only on the internet can you go from being born and raised in middle America to living in NYC, making multiple millions of dollars a year in a prominent Chief Executive role, whether you have power or not, and be criticized :lol:

Roman having a drink by himself at the bar. Savoring that first sip because it’s finally all over. The smile followed by the look of despair

He never wanted the CEO, the power, or anything. He wanted his fathers love. And he was the first (and maybe only) sibling to realize that all of this stuff didn’t matter. Especially after their father died

Dude is relieved that it’s over yet he’s empty because his fathers gone and he has nothing left. No family, no friends, no nothing:

This kind of makes sense. I always wondered why his daughter looks like she's Indian

Screenshot_20230528-235647.png
Oh that’s why he really doesn’t give a **** about them deep down.

I didn’t know this as a fact before. If this is the case he should’ve dumped this fam and started over.

Now I see why Logan really didn’t fully back Ken. He was an addict and shooting blanks.

Logan had nothing but lame kids 4 times in a row.

Satisfying finale….Was really pulling for Ken especially after his eulogy but to see him lose it all and to watch him crumble at the end was tough to look at….Shiv a “gladiator”? Not even the slightest, she betrayed her brother/gave up the family empire off pure emotion with no logic whatsoever. Rome with the low blow about Kens kids on top of that:smh:
It was all just a mess but the story was wrapped up well and fitting ends for the characters.

Yeah y’all can’t be serious about Tom not needing Shiv now :lol:

I am glad I re-read this because I missed the “not” at first and was disappointed because knew you were smarter than that :lol: I don’t know how they don’t get it.

Oh that’s why he really doesn’t give a **** about them deep down.

I didn’t know this as a fact before. If this is the case he should’ve dumped this fam and started over.

Now I see why Logan really didn’t fully back Ken. He was an addict and shooting blanks.

Logan had nothing but lame kids 4 times in a row.

That’s the whole point famb. He couldn’t have kids on his own because he was infertile for whatever reason.

Edit: Wait, I see you acknowledged it. What good would a new family do :lol:

Dude is relieved that it’s over yet he’s empty because his fathers gone and he has nothing left. No family, no friends, no nothing:

There was really no room for it on the show (and kind of in their lives tbh) but Stewy was the only friend they showed of anybody and he was around for business :lol:

In episode 9 Shiv says “I’m intrigued to see how he gets out of this one” as they laid her dad to rest. The way the show ended is exactly how Logan went about things. He would’ve gotten the deal that he wanted, treated Shiv like a female pawn, dangled CEO in front of Kendall, just to pull it away at the last minute and son Rome as the child that he is.

Back
Top Bottom