HBO SERIES SUCCESSION..... OH......SO NOW YALL TRYNA HOP ON THE BANDWAGON

Logan is a classic example of why everyone has different definitions of success. From a career standpoint, he's probably one of the most successful people of last century. Built a media conglomerate from the ground up, he completely changed the media landscape, influenced American culture and swayed elections.

He was basically a failure in every other aspect of life though. You seemed miserable and unhappy most of the time. All of his relationships failed, his brother thought he was a monster and hated his guts, his kids didn't like him and he wasn't even able to groom any of them to take over after he died.
I agree with you per usual. Dude didn’t prepare his seed for life without him. All three kids were a joke without him

Bro - not only did he not groom them to take over when he died, he barely left them able to function in the real world. Suicide is no joke but Kendall was left in a position to legitimately end it all after the finale. He has no job, no wife, no kids, no siblings, no dad, no friends, no reason to live, no support, no company. He has nothing.

They all lost but Roman will be the “most okay”. Kendall wasn’t being a **** and had it right - Roman didn't really want it. He only wanted it because Logan set that expectation in his abuse cycle. You can tell from his smile at the end that he feels like he is finally free.

Shiv. Shiv. Shiv. :smh: Basically signed up to be her mom - the unhappily married wife and child bearer of the CEO that she might even hate.

If that is the state of affairs that I left my children in (or even my dad left us in), I would 100% consider it a failure as a father. All Roman and Kendall can do is get involved with philanthropic efforts. Ken bout to show up at the next big reunion like

1685393140710.jpeg

Edit: aepps20 aepps20 I didn’t see your post until after I posted mine but I quoted it up too for accuracy because we were thinking the same thing :lol:

Bro - not only did he not groom them to take over when he died, he barely left them able to function in the real world. Suicide is no joke but Kendall was left in a position to legitimately end it all after the finale. He has no job, no wife, no kids, no siblings, no dad, no friends, no reason to live, no support, no company. He has nothing.

They all lost but Roman will be the “most okay”. Kendall wasn’t being a **** and had it right - Roman didn't really want it. He only wanted it because Logan set that expectation in his abuse cycle. You can tell from his smile at the end that he feels like he is finally free.

Shiv. Shiv. Shiv. :smh: Basically signed up to be her mom - the unhappily married wife and child bearer of the CEO that she might even hate.

If that is the state of affairs that I left my children in (or even my dad left us in), I would 100% consider it a failure as a father. All Roman and Kendall can do is get involved with philanthropic efforts. Ken bout to show up at the next big reunion like

1685393140710.jpeg

Edit: aepps20 aepps20 I didn’t see your post until after I posted mine but I quoted it up too for accuracy because we were thinking the same thing

We are always on the same wavelength and team fam. You’re the best that NT has to offer. I mean that truly and thank you for calming me down with Antidope. That was brewing for years.

I agree with you per usual. Dude didn’t prepare his seed for life without him. All three kids were a joke without him

He partially did it on purpose. Logan is an interesting psychological case. He had a tough upbringing that turned him into the man who he is. His uncle who raised him was verbally and psychologically abusive (blaming him for his baby sister's death and beating him) so that is his model for parenting. Check out the scene from season 1 where Logan gets out of the pool and has all those marks from beatings on his back.

He thinks his kids have it easy compared to what he went through.

At the same time, he groomed them to be weak. Logan manipulated his kids so much that their entire lives were built around seeking their father's approval. I'm not sure if he ever wanted them to truly break free from his control.

On the flip side, he wanted his kids, especially Kendall, to be "killers" who would slit someone's throat to get ahead.

Logan Roy and his brother didn't even get along

It was foreshadowing of course, but how it unfolded was genius. Shiv at the end of the day hated her own brother more than her husband she didn't even like. Ewan's quote of "do no harm" was epic.

Shiv was the weak one, and couldn't stand losing to Ken at the end of the day.

We are always on the same wavelength and team fam. You’re the best that NT has to offer. I mean that truly and thank you for calming me down with Antidope. That was brewing for years.

Thanks famb I really that appreciate :nthat: And no problem, I try to deescalate when I can if one of my favorite posters might put themselves in a position to get banned :lol:

He partially did it on purpose. Logan is an interesting psychological case. He had a tough upbringing that turned him into the man who he is. His uncle who raised him was verbally and psychologically abusive (blaming him for his baby sister's death and beating him) so that is his model for parenting. Check out the scene from season 1 where Logan gets out of the pool and has all those marks from beatings on his back.

At the same time, he groomed them to be weak. Logan manipulated his kids so much that their entire lives were built around seeking their father's approval. I'm not sure if he ever wanted them to truly break free from his control.

On the flip side, he wanted his kids, especially Kendall, to be "killers" who would slit someone's throat to get ahead.

The more you think about it, the more you realize he was only good at two things - running Waystar Royco and manipulating his children. Like that story Kendall told about his dad saying it was him when he was 7 years old at the ice cream shop or whatever. He started the mind games early :smh:

It kind of sucks to be honest because he in ways put them at a disadvantage despite them “having it easier than he did growing up.” Like if he at the very least let them figure out what they were passionate about rather than push the company down their throats, it would be better than this. If they come around to Waystar Royco, cool. If not, that’s cool too. But he shut everything else down for Kendall at 7. SEVEN!!!

This is so true and an excellent point by my fellow UGA fan.This happens a lot with really successful people that are in industries where succession is part of the game. There is the duality between wanting to be forever looked at as the top dog but knowing that part of bringing up the next generation is taking a step back and letting them shine. Happens all of the time in the legal profession. You have super senior partners that would rather the client leave the firm after they retire than to give their successor more face time with the client so they can grow. Keeping younger lawyers weak might help the senior partner but ultimately hurts the firm when the younger lawyers leave or if the senior person retires

Upon reflection, Shiv made 100% correct decision.

It's not even a close call.

You can say that it's morally dubious to stab your brother in the back.
But this is the Roy family, stabbing each other in the back is basically their love language.

It just so happens that Shiv was the last person left with the blade.

Upon reflection, Shiv made 100% correct decision.

It's not even a close call.

You can say that it's morally dubious to stab your brother in the back.
But this is the Roy family, stabbing each other in the back is basically their love language.

It just so happens that Shiv was the last person left with the blade.

Are you going to expound upon why you feel this way…..

Are you going to expound upon why you feel this way…..

Option 1:

- Give control of the company to your loser, amoral, fail son brother. (in violation of your father's dying wish)
- destroy the father of your children, and totally ruin the one semi real relationship you've ever had,
- further toxify your future Child's upbringing.
- have little to no input or control over the future of Waystar

Option 2:

- respect your father's dying wish
- give control of the company to your child,s father rebuilding the chance for a real relationship with him in the process.,
- giving your future child the possibility of a not totally toxic upbring.
- have influence over the CEO of Waystar and some influence over the company.

what is the downside of option 2?

You ruinend your relationship with your brother?

1. your brother is not even a real person. your relationship with him is built on mutual abuse and degradation.
and ultimately whatever you do to each other in the end you always come back together, so is it even really ruined?

also Kendall is a fundamentally broken person, he's not changing. you have a chance to raise a child with a non evil father.
seems to me obvious you prioritize your Childs upbringing, over any hypothetical relationship with Kendall.

Shiv leaves with more influence over Waystar
Better relationship with Tom
Better outlook for her child
Fulfils her dads final wish/ deal.
better future fort Waystar.

Last edited:
Ehh. Tom and their “family” could’ve been fine had Shiv voted the other way.

The biggest problem in their relationship is the power imbalance.
in fact the more spine Tom has shown, the more she respects him and the better their relationship is generally.

whether they would have divorced or not, they def will have a better relationship with Tom as CEO.

better relationship = better future for kids.

there is basically no upside to giving it to Ken, other than familial obligation.
but you're breaking your familial obligation to father last deal/final wish.

so imo that's a wash.

Ken would have run the company into the ground, and destroyed himself in the process.

Osh Kosh Bosh being NT’s Shiv Hive Leader was not something I expected but it is contrarian to how most of the thread feels about her so I should have expected it.

this is not to say Shiv "won"

or Shiv is "good" or the "hero"

she's a terrible person,

and the outcome she got is considerably worse than the outcome she could have had if she was 10% less greedy and mendacious.

but of the options she had available, at the end, clearly that was the best one.

She got to go home with the winner while carefully keeping the victim card within reach. I’ve seen that one before. Good for her.

Perfect ending / best result :pimp:

Kendall deserved the opportunity to take it to the board for a vote but not to actually Win

It’s just couldn’t be Roman folding or getting in the way again this time

The milt down was fitting Kendall lost his mind in public in front everyone

Those 3 was never connected or together on anything :lol:

Back
Top Bottom