HBO SERIES SUCCESSION..... OH......SO NOW YALL TRYNA HOP ON THE BANDWAGON

I think what Master Zik Master Zik is saying pertains to the bolded...Mattson has never had to be the guy to steer the ship for a company in a dying industry. So if Mattson is capable of doing then Ken is as well especially considering he knows that company and industry like the back of his own hand. So that does lend some credence to Kendall's potential CEO candidacy. Just because you have been a CEO before doesn't mean you can just go and be an effective CEO in any other market, particularly one that you aren't terribly familiar with. Aside from holding the title of CEO, Kendall's background probably lends itself more to that niche sector than Mattson's background.
But the big difference is that Waystar is just a bolt on piece to GoJo when the deal closes. Mattson is the CEO of the entire operation not just Waystar so he could easily sell off Waystar if things go bad and keep things running. He has a reputation as a real CEO which explains why Logan couldn’t run over him in negotiations. Ken would have no such out so the stakes would be much higher for him where he would need to leverage political capital and other things to keep things going.

Mattsson is already a CEO of a big time company and has a proven track record good or bad. Not saying he’s great but he has experience as a CEO. Waystar is just a bolt on to what he wants to do with Gojo. Yes the deal is a cash and stock deal so the Waystar success is important but If the Waystar acquisition fails for him I think Gojo is still ok. Ken has never been in that seat and would have to be the guy to steer the ship for a company and in an industry that is dying

Define Proven.

Considering his GoJo numbers were inflated and fake.

Considering he didn’t even write his own code.

Matson sounds like he was propped up by the people around him. And this is all coming from his own Communications Director.

But the big difference is that Waystar is just a bolt on piece to GoJo when the deal closes. Mattson is the CEO of the entire operation not just Waystar so he could easily sell off Waystar if things go bad and keep things running. He has a reputation as a real CEO which explains why Logan couldn’t run over him in negotiations. Ken would have no such out so the stakes would be much higher for him where he would need to leverage political capital and other things to keep things going.

RE: The bolded. Again, that's kind of the whole point of Kendall taking over if they don't do the deal. It would be his duty to ensure the continued success of Waystar. He couldn't afford to have it fail like Mattson can and while he does have some out there ideas, I think Ken would fight like hell to keep Waystar and the family legacy afloat. We're both speculating on how he would perform as CEO but as Zik point out, he has come through for Waystar in several instances in the past when he didn't even have full control. As the #1 and with the Board backing him, I wouldn't just count him out.

That is assuming things even sunk to the point that he needed outside assistance.

Define Proven.

Considering his GoJo numbers were inflated and fake.

Considering he didn’t even write his own code.

Matson sounds like he was propped up by the people around him. And this is all coming from his own Communications Director.

THIS! For as much as Mattson claims to be this visionary that wants to work on all these ideas while Tom is the front man, Mattson kind of seems like a phony front man himself tbh. People THINK he is proven but when you begin to take a look under the hood like Cashflow Cashflow did you get the scent of a fraud.

If we are going to keep it :emoji_100: Mattson gives of BIG Elon Musk vibes. I'm just saying....

Kendall would have been fine by my estimation. Knowing how to close can't be taught and outside of people having personal vendettas against him the guy can close... And closing is hard. I've seen it go sideways so many times, outside of pure numbers just not knowing how to control a room and being a good BSer

1685588623093.png

1685588589683.png

Here's the thing, I'm not comparing who is the bigger or better CEO when I bring up Mattsson.

Im talking about being CEO of Waystar. Kendall would do no worse than the combo of Tom and Mattsson.

The stakes being higher for Kendall doesn't change what I'm saying.

With things the way they are Mattsson is most likely to strip that acquisition for parts eventually (which I'm pretty sure he joked about before) instead of dealing with the headaches and that part of the media industry dying.

Kendall would have been fine by my estimation. Knowing how to close can't be taught and outside of people having personal vendettas against him the guy can close... And closing is hard. I've seen it go sideways so many times, outside of pure numbers just not knowing how to control a room and being a good BSer
When has Kendall ever close or completed a plan? I’m

1 - the vote of no confidence against Logan failed because he was late trying to get an extra vote and got fired

2 - when he was fired with Frank Ken got nothing accomplished on his own

3 - Shiv wedding everything was in place but he wanted to go score and we knew the rest

4 - press conference exposing his dad saying he had papers and documents eventually went nowhere

Closing is Kendall main problem/ flaw :lol:

Im going to give it to Friday to take in all the post Succession content, then im going on blackout 🤣 Im all tapped out. I liked the show, cant put it in my top 5 all time though. The conversations from the general public and media is kind of making me dislike a show i kind of liked 🤣.

Im going to give it to Friday to take in all the post Succession content, then im going on blackout 🤣 Im all tapped out. I liked the show, cant put it in my top 5 all time though. The conversations from the general public and media is kind of making me dislike a show i kind of liked 🤣.

What is in your Top 5, if you don’t me asking? What do you find most off putting about the post-Succession discourse?

Id have a hard time making the list right now at this moment. Probably wouldn't be as conventional as most anyways.

As far as the post show talk, ive just personally taken in so much of the content from video, to pods, Facebook, here wherever at some point i was like alright chill 🤣.

When has Kendall ever close or completed a plan? I’m

1 - the vote of no confidence against Logan failed because he was late trying to get an extra vote and got fired

2 - when he was fired with Frank Ken got nothing accomplished on his own

3 - Shiv wedding everything was in place but he wanted to go score and we knew the rest

4 - press conference exposing his dad saying he had papers and documents eventually went nowhere

Closing is Kendall main problem/ flaw :lol:

Nothing you said here had anything to do with actual business.

1. He was late because of Logan’s petty beef with the President. ATN caused the terrorist threat that shut down the NY skies all because the President big timed Logan. You can’t predict the Preisdent and Logan getting into a petty beef.

2. Was he supposed to start a Fortune 500 company in a month?

3. A goofy waiter saw a deer and put his hands on the steering wheel from the passenger seat. Kendall wouldn’t have even been changed with manslaugjter if we’re being honest with ourselves.
4. Cousin Greg overhyping documents isn’t Kendall’s fault. He stayed out of jail which was the ultimate goal.

I think Rome won. I see people saying that Rome might become an alcoholic but I didn't see that final scene that way. I think he's free from the company and the nonstop bickering with his siblings. They're all getting cut out and paid. Ken definitely lost and Shiv sort of won but she's definitely dead inside. Tom the Head **** In Charge but Matsson will 86 him when he doesn't need him anymore and probably bang Shiv out and send her blood bricks. Tom will lose in the future.

now that i think about it…in a way no one lost.

1. Kendal will have enough money to start up his own thing while also having enough stock at waystar to have some influence.

2. Shiv, same as Kendal and she has an inside channel to influence her CEO husband.

3. Roman seemed the most chill at his mom’s home in that walmart shirt with zero pressure.

4. Tom is always winning, his work ethic will always make him valuable…being an experienced CEO will always carve out a path for him in the industry.

5. Greg can get hired anywhere and “play the game” anywhere given his experience. He basically is Tom’s understudy and will be valuable. He recognizes valuable information when it comes across him, he knows whose *** to kiss and who to manipulate (disgusting brothers), and he has the savy to capture information and flip it to his benefit. I doubt Tom strings him along if he didnt find him valuable.

That shirt is about to do numbers :lol:

I don’t even gamble but would have risked it all on a prop bet revolving around the inventory status of that damb shirt after I saw atl’s post :lol: The shirt is really just okay. I can’t believe Succession/Roman Roy have that much #Influence

^^macfadyen won....dude might have the best career here on out from this cast....he should choose his next roles wisely....

jess(Juliana Canfield) is going to have a long career - and way WAY better looking than SHIV the SHIV

still looking back at this show, can't take that they had shiv kill him/deal......much rather have had it be Roman or even greg getting grandpops to do it for tom benefit

what makes it worse for me she got played and THEN took it on the chin just to spite her bro.......on other hand, I can see peoples view that her and rome just didnt think ken would do well/handle the pressure.....rich is rich but a bill or 2 is better than in 3- 5 years your big bro takes your value down to 300-500M

ken chair/ceo was a risk

how was logan's $$ split to kids? thats what i'd like to know....equal split? ken cut out?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom