HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

unironically yes. LGBTQ has expanded immensly,

1675180922015.png

up wards of 60% of gen z LGBT people, ID as BI or other.

1675181348507.png

tons of people who in previous years we would have simply called straight, now identify in some variety of Q+

which is cool for them, but when we talk about representation, we usually are talking about gay or lesbian or trans characters.
a show with a character who felt feelings for a girl in high school but now exclusively dates men

no one is going to be like "wow great representation"

not sure how I feel about episode 3.

its obvious at this point HBO isnt following the game.

In the game, meeting Bill is where Ellie's personality really shines with the hilarious cussing and arguments with Bill.

Bill section in the game is where Joel and Ellie actually begin building a relationship and trusting each other. (esp the part where Joel lets Ellie drive the car and he tells her shes doing a good job. one of my favorite in-game interaction).

It seems they removed that aspect in order to give Bill and Frank a bigger and different backstory which was just whatever to me. I actually preferred their backstory in the game because it shows that no one can be trusted, not even your own partner. (Frank ends up betraying Bill in the game)

Curious to see how theyre going to build Joel and Ellie's relationship because right now it still feels like Joel doesnt really give a **** about Ellie and vice versa.

I’m going to enjoy the show then hopefully get the PS5 eventually and play the game. I can get why people are uncertain how they feel about this content if they’ve already played the first game, but maybe they’ll take liberties limiting what you didn’t like in the Part II game. But they’ve also given you shot-for-shot sequences between the first game/first season in this go around so there’s alignment.

I watched someone on Twitch play the entire Last of Us Part II (which I assume will encompass all of S2) back when the pandemic first began.

In the game, meeting Bill is where Ellie's personality really shines with the hilarious cussing and arguments with Bill.

Bill section in the game is where Joel and Ellie actually begin building a relationship and trusting each other. (esp the part where Joel lets Ellie drive the car and he tells her shes doing a good job. one of my favorite in-game interaction).

It seems they removed that aspect in order to give Bill and Frank a bigger and different backstory which was just whatever to me. I actually preferred their backstory in the game because it shows that no one can be trusted, not even your own partner. (Frank ends up betraying Bill in the game)

Curious to see how theyre going to build Joel and Ellie's relationship because right now it still feels like Joel doesnt really give a **** about Ellie and vice versa.
Not a gripe of mine since I never played the game

But yes even with that said I was disappointed that they aged Bill and Frank like they did

Didn't look like Joel was that much younger than them when they first met and had lunch together. Figured they were all about the same age

But I get it, they just bringing these folks in for 1 episode and emptying the tank

I feel like that’s listening to an NBA podcast with Adam Silver and Deputy Commish Mark Tatum. Can you summarize?

Troy Baker talks with Craig Mazin and Neil Druckmann about each episode and what's different from the video game and why they changed it.

It’s not a bad listen. Neither is the Ringer immediate response podcast. I wouldn’t listen to the extended dive.

After watching Chernobyl, I’m excited to see the remainder of this season.

I listen to The Watch’s every week that’s a great recap imo, as is anything Ryan/Greenwald do.

Can you expand more on how frank betrayed Bill?

As someone who never played the game, I was waiting the whole time for a betrayal or something to happen

As someone who never played the game, I was waiting the whole time for a betrayal or something to happen

In the game Frank wanted to move to another town but bill wanted to stay because he had the whole town booby trapped and he felt safe.

Frank steals his gear and the only working car battery and tries to leave but ends up getting infected and eventually hangs himself. He writes a suicide note to bill saying it’s better to die than spend another day with him.

As a game player...I do find the juxtaposition of how the game/show differs in how it ended hilarious :lol:

As a dark humor fan, I would have loved to see it play out like that on the show vs. the San Junipero rip-off.

I get it tho. It made for good tv.

Bill was like he was in the show except he never changed. He was paranoid and Frank wanted more to life then just that town. So frank went and got the battery that was crashed into the high school so he could leave he just happened to get bit

I liked Season 2 better, S1 is heightened by Sweeney now/the Euphoria love was right after. Both are real good.

Back
Top Bottom