HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

They the 27,000 people who think Elie isn't attractive enough.

I was going to say they’re a bunch of creeps because she looks 12. Apparently Stevie Janowski’s daughter is 19?

Shout out to her pops.

CAEE10EA-7F36-4101-8BBA-99A28E1D239F.jpeg

YOU may not care about reviews but the people who actually work on these shows do.

I don’t understand the criticism of the episode unless you’re just 100% homophobic.

I’m saying this as someone who has never played the game.

It was simply a great tv show.

Homophobic people don't play video games then? Am I onto their schtick?

I’m conservative.

I thought episode three was one of the most compelling love stories in a post apocalyptic world I’d ever seen.

Season two is definitely going to have more negative reviews.

The actual Nielsen ratings and elevated PS5 Last of Us Part One sales say otherwise to those ignorant reviews. Just say you’re homophobic without proclaiming it.

Homophobia is an everybody thing doesn’t matter sides, I just think so many people hating that episode is :lol:

Homophobic people don't play video games then? Am I onto their schtick?

I don’t know what they do but this whole conversation is mad wild over a great tv episode.

I literally can’t wrap my mind around the problem of it other than homophobia.

YOU may not care about reviews but the people who actually work on these shows do.

I don’t understand the criticism of the episode unless you’re just 100% homophobic.

I’m saying this as someone who has never played the game.

It was simply a great tv show.
Uh, yeah I'm sure they do lol

That's not the point I was making- just simply saying we as the NT community disagree on a lot but this is one thing we should all agree on (that it was quality)

Hey if you’re not homophobic what would rate that

1/10, not watchable worth making

No we weren’t asking y’all

So confused
Rocafella died of aids and that’s who you named your company after?

But for real that one take in this thread about poor Frank’s illness.

I’m excited for the next episode. Pedro bout to be doubling up on the water cooler conversations for the next month and change.

A lot of creative liberties taken with Bill here. Guy was a curmudgeon who did nothing but complain the entire section of the game he was in. All he did was complain

I truly missed this whole Homophobia thing.

I’m sure it’s been said over and over but you can’t pretend to care about the game and be mad about this unless you also chose not to play TLoU2 because of this.

I have such high expectations for the Sam and Henry episode now. It’s certainly happening. That was a sad video game story and the way they did this I expected them to crush it.

not sure how I feel about episode 3.

its obvious at this point HBO isnt following the game.

In the game, meeting Bill is where Ellie's personality really shines with the hilarious cussing and arguments with Bill.

Bill section in the game is where Joel and Ellie actually begin building a relationship and trusting each other. (esp the part where Joel lets Ellie drive the car and he tells her shes doing a good job. one of my favorite in-game interaction).

It seems they removed that aspect in order to give Bill and Frank a bigger and different backstory which was just whatever to me. I actually preferred their backstory in the game because it shows that no one can be trusted, not even your own partner. (Frank ends up betraying Bill in the game)

Curious to see how theyre going to build Joel and Ellie's relationship because right now it still feels like Joel doesnt really give a **** about Ellie and vice versa.
I totally feel this too. This is the one thing I did not care for. Completely cut out the whole establishment of Joel & Elies partnership. This is the part of the game it happens in. Its not fair to the video game story.

I hope there isn’t a wide deviation from the Sam and Henry story. It was hella sad on its own. And its what breaks Ellie. Again very important to the story of the game. A great story that easily stands on its own.

As someone who played it and beat it day 1. I'm GLAD they are taking liberties with the game.

If it was a shot to shot remake front to back that would be mad boring IMO. The game will always be there for people to play, let that story be.
Idk I feel like there is a Last of Us tv show BECAUSE the games story was so good. That really was what made it one of the best video game stories ever. Game play is great too but the story is what set it apart. You deviate too much and you’re no longer telling the games story.

The same way people feel when book adaptations are massively altered is how I would feel here if they do too much.

Imagine if they change the Sam and Henry arc or the winter arc. They wouldn’t change the end cause you can’t but if you change those two things then its kinda not TLoU anymore. Like the whole fate of Bill and Frank is changed its kinda weird when you have played the game.

I would have been totally fine with Joel & Bill going on their killing spree. I actually wanted to see it, I’m kinda annoyed I didn’t see it. Joel being crazy violent really hasn’t been showcased at all. One of the GOAT cinematic video game killing styles. Barely any killings. I do appreciate them writing in Elies crazy desire to be violent.

I hope they nail this in the Winter arc too. It establishes the baseline for the second game cause Elie is a lunatic and the Winter arc is what hardened her

Last edited:
I hope for the sam and henry story the episode/scene cuts off immediately after henry shoots himself just like it does in the game with the guitar music background.

that was literal perfection. also how it goes straight to the next season of Fall.

I hope for the sam and henry story the episode/scene cuts off immediately after henry shoots himself just like it does in the game with the guitar music background.

that was literal perfection. also how it goes straight to the next season of Fall.

You can’t change this man. I would be disappointed

^ yup.

and that happens inside a school gym too. seeing them shoot out a bunch of zombies in a school would've been great to see.

also seeing bill's hideout in the church with his stash of weapons and guns.

Back
Top Bottom