HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

I feel like “rude awakening” is the wrong term there :lol:
rick-rude-dance.gif

robpzee612 robpzee612

The entire show felt rushed after the first few episodes, even when they skipped action portions and went straight to the dialogue portions. I’m pretty sure it’s because they crammed everything into 9 episodes rather than 12 or more. Did HBO not think this show would do well when they set this episode limit?

I don’t understand how they spend that long on episode 3 than give up not even 45 minutes in a season finale. It’s like they just cut out a bunch of stuff. It didn’t flow it felt rushed. And cause of it, felt unbelievable.

Joel got Vin Diesel Fast and Furious like “FAMMMILLLLYYYY”

I’m not sure that the budget was the issue with the clickers - it’s more of a time consuming thing. They talked about it in the ‘Making The Last of Us’ episode. It’s a lot that has to go into those characters.

As I thought - we all know the clickers exists and it’s around them- it’s not the primary focus of the story/show - but I get it - folks wants more actions.

Last edited:
another reason for less clickers is that they're in less populated areas now like Wyoming and Utah, no?

This is true. It would certainly help to be in a less population dense area. It probably also helps that places like Wyoming and Utah are colder, creating less than ideal conditions for fungus to grow. Fungus likes dark, moist areas.

It’s hilarious because the last of us 1 was good because of Bruce Straley.

Never forget that Neil wanted to make the last of us 1 a revenge story of Tess chasing after Joel and Ellie but then Bruce Straley shut that concept down asap 😂

So then after Bruce left naughty dawg Neil took his terrible idea and put all his fantasies into tlou2.

Never forget that Neil wanted to make the last of us 1 a revenge story of Tess chasing after Joel and Ellie but then Bruce Straley shut that concept down asap 😂

So then after Bruce left naughty dawg Neil took his terrible idea and put all his fantasies into tlou2.

But LOU2 was still an amazing story. What's your beef with it? The catalyst to the events or something else?

I don’t agree with the “everyone wants more clickers action”

I loved whenever the show did flashbacks to the beginning of the outbreak, but I didn’t like them not discussing or barely mentioning all the other interesting things you find while playing.

For example, remember that underground part of the QZ they escaped through with Sam? You can say what you want about the action part of it cut out, but when you play the game, you actually find a lot of notes, letters, etc. that give you more background into what life was like living underground and what happened in more detail.

Or what about when they went to the college campus? They briefly talked about students living there, but they didn’t find anything or talk about the students trying to hold out in the beginning of the outbreak, struggling to find food, sending people out to look for supplies, etc.

In the show, to me it felt like things were quickly discussed, and that was it. “Oh people lived here…they must’ve left the door open and died” or something like that. I hope I’m being clear, but I feel like people who played the game know what I’m trying to say

I don't know. I really enjoyed The second game. I just feel like a bunch of fan boys or butthurt about the twist early in the game but I thought the story was fantastic. I look forward to them expanding on the Scars, the Rattlers and WLF.

Last edited:
The story was a mess and half the times things just didn’t even make sense.

At least the gameplay was good *kanye shrug*
I'll be replaying at some point since I don't remember it beat for beat, but I remember enjoying the game and story. Anything in particular that was nonsensible that you can put in spoilers? Like I said, I dont remember all of it and I'm sure there were parts that had me questioning it.

I don’t understand how they spend that long on episode 3 than give up not even 45 minutes in a season finale. It’s like they just cut out a bunch of stuff. It didn’t flow it felt rushed. And cause of it, felt unbelievable.
what did they cut to make you feel that way? Anybody who’s said the same thing in the last couple pages could chime in as well

Not sure if an additional 20 minutes of Joel moving dumpsters or helping Ellie cross water would’ve added much 🤷‍♀️. it was damn near beat for beat the last 40 minutes of the game

I don't know. I really enjoyed The second game. I just feel like a bunch of fan boys or butthurt about the twist early in the game but I thought the story was fantastic. I look forward to them expanding on the scars and WLF.

You know people are allowed to criticize a game without being butthurt right? Some of the most respected independent game reviewers don’t even like the game. It’s clear there is a divide in the fan base.

I'll be replaying at some point since I don't remember it beat for beat, but I remember enjoying the game and story. Anything in particular that was nonsensible that you can put in spoilers? Like I said, I dont remember all of it and I'm sure there were parts that had me questioning it.

You know, everything was good in the first half. I actually didn’t understand all the hate for the game at first. Sure Joel’s death was rushed imo and he acted out of character by giving out his name so easily and trusting strangers, but I didn’t think it was done terribly.

not until you played as Abby. That’s when the story just takes a steep downhill for me and just dragged on. Some things I remember being ridiculous:

-Tommy gets shot in the head but somehow survives the trip all the way back

-Jesse was a throw away character

-theme of “revenge is bad” didn’t make sense at the end because Abby gained a loved one while Ellie lost it all

-expecting gamers to care about Abby in such short period. And I think this was where most people hated the game. A lot of people just didn’t care about Abby or her friends.

-the last part where you play as Ellie in California was just such an awkward transition into the game. It was just bad and out of place. I just wanted the game to end at this point.

-gameplay wise it was annoying having to level up Abby from square 1. All that looting and upgrading for Ellie didn’t even matter.

The game tried to do way too much and it ended up back firing imo.

I never played the game but thouroughly enjoyed the show.

Would i ruin season 2 if i watch the game cut scenes on youtube? ....i kinda like not having to compare the game to the show but i feel like im missing something.

Last edited:
I never played the game but thouroughly enjoyed the show.

Wouldnt i ruin season 2 i went to watch the game cut scenes on youtube? ....i kinda like not having to compare the game to the show but i feel like im missing something.

there are a lot of in game interactions and dialogue that are crucial to understanding the characters so the show misses out on a lot. The game is also almost 30 hours long so the show was rushed and misses a lot of points.

With all that said, you will still be spoiling yourself by watching just the cut scenes but you’d most likely wouldn’t be able to grasp the small details within the story by just watching the cut scenes.

You know people are allowed to criticize a game without being butthurt right? Some of the most respected independent game reviewers don’t even like the game. It’s clear there is a divide in the fan base.

You know, everything was good in the first half. I actually didn’t understand all the hate for the game at first. Sure Joel’s death was rushed imo and he acted out of character by giving out his name so easily and trusting strangers, but I didn’t think it was done terribly.

not until you played as Abby. That’s when the story just takes a steep downhill for me and just dragged on. Some things I remember being ridiculous:

-Tommy gets shot in the head but somehow survives the trip all the way back

-Jesse was a throw away character

-theme of “revenge is bad” didn’t make sense at the end because Abby gained a loved one while Ellie lost it all

-expecting gamers to care about Abby in such short period. And I think this was where most people hated the game. A lot of people just didn’t care about Abby or her friends.

-the last part where you play as Ellie in California was just such an awkward transition into the game. It was just bad and out of place. I just wanted the game to end at this point.

-gameplay wise it was annoying having to level up Abby from square 1. All that looting and upgrading for Ellie didn’t even matter.

The game tried to do way too much and it ended up back firing imo.
I dont remember Jesse but Tommy surviving I figured was down to luck.

I do remember I didn't care to play as Abby but it did serve the purpose of expanding the world, and helped bring the "revenge bad" full circle. I also didn't mind Ellie losing everyone; she made her choices and faced the consequences. Same as Joel, same as Abby (who I don't think gained anything that Ellie didn't during her time in Part 1 or the five year gap).

The leveling up was fine imo. Idk how else you would handle that in terms of gameplay unless you make the enemies scale in difficulty for Abby off the bat.

what did they cut to make you feel that way? Anybody who’s said the same thing in the last couple pages could chime in as well

Not sure if an additional 20 minutes of Joel moving dumpsters or helping Ellie cross water would’ve added much 🤷‍♀️. it was damn near beat for beat the last 40 minutes of the game

No suspense. Nothing really scary. They pet the giraffe and boom are at the hospital.

This article also sums my thoughts..

Joel who stated to his brother he felt old and slow suddenly turns into John Wick literally untouched against trained men. Wasn’t very believable when they struggled in other episodes against less capable foes.

Then there is Joel saying to hell with saving the world and i’ma just save Ellie. Pretty ridiculous to me. Like the entire purpose of the trip was to see about a cure. You are trying to tell me he traveled 3000 miles for months and never thought or they never spoke “what if you have to sacrifice yourself”!?!

Look it was still entertaining but meh.

Then there is Joel saying to hell with saving the world and i’ma just save Ellie. Pretty ridiculous to me. Like the entire purpose of the trip was to see about a cure. You are trying to tell me he traveled 3000 miles for months and never thought or they never spoke “what if you have to sacrifice yourself”!?!

Look it was still entertaining but meh.

It wasn't guaranteed that it would have worked…so I totally get his perspective.

Back
Top Bottom