HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

So happy this show is back on. Didn't really read any of the books so I thought the episode was great. Also did I see Renly making out with some chick? I thought he was ayo, from the first season and it did seem like they got a new actor to play Gendry. 

Originally Posted by DubA169

The pacing and editing was straight terrible

But it's a set up episode so whatever

my point exactly. it honestly felt like a bunch of deleted scenes clipped together, but they still hit some good moments.

Originally Posted by cornzilla

So happy this show is back on. Didn't really read any of the books so I thought the episode was great. Also did I see Renly making out with some chick? I thought he was ayo, from the first season and it did seem like they got a new actor to play Gendry. 
Nah same dude they did recast Gregor

Use this site http://gameofthrones.wiki...iki/Game_of_Thrones_Wiki it only follows the show so no spoilers.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

IMDB has no mention of the actor playing Gendry
if they did, completely went over my head/stopped paying attention real quick.
I know the kid who played him last season put in work on Skins UK. Hope they didn't recast.

edit: hol a minute...Carice van Houten is playing Melisandre (redheaded witch)
...from this one movie, Black Book, great actress. Will probably show *******, just cuz.

Enjoyed the season 2 premiere.

A couple of things though, that scene with Melisandre and Stannis' old maester seemed mad random. If I hadn't had prior knowledge reading the 2nd book I probably wouldn't have known what was going on.

I'm glad they made the direwolves bigger. Direwolves are known for being abnormally large compared to regular wolves in book and that wasn't represented well in season 1, glad they fixed that. Grey Wind looked huge in that scene with Robb and Jaime.

O-Neg, that meeting you mentioned between Tyrion and Cersei didn't happen when he first came to King's Landing. I'm sure that scene will take place later  this season.

Nah man...I'm telling you, I'm only like 60 pages into it.
laugh.gif

That was the very first Tyrion chapter...we got half of the scene, but none of the best parts.
They gave it away for that Littlefinger scene where Cersei had dude shook.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

dude. some guy put the entire episode on youtube. PM me if yall want it.
the series preview said there's 7 kingdoms fighting right? two baratheons, joffrey, stark, dany and who are the other two im missing?
the ones with that castle in the "sky" where that kid was suckling on his moms and those hicks that control the bridge? not sure tho. 
it's not like the "7 kingdoms" are in a civil war... it's 5 self proclaimed kings going at it
Stannis (rightful king)
Renly
Robb
Joffrey
______

don't wanna spoil it for anyone so you'll find out who the 5th is later on

also yeah... the first meeting between Tyrion and Cersei in the book was more entertaining

for those wonder why that maester wanted to kill the "red woman"
laugh.gif

is that (in the book) she said renly needed to die
the maester has raised all three baratheons like sons so when he heard that Melisandrea was convincing stannis to assassinate his own brother he had to step in and stop her from convincing him to do so... he was willing to kill himself to get to her (and he did) -which in that also tells us that she is some what "supernatural"

some of you may or may not have noticed but when they showed her after she drank the poison her gem on her necked glowed red (it was NOT a reflection of the fire)
also there was more going on in this part but i'm just giving you guys the cliffs.

i'm also re-reading book 2 and i'm in page 80-*@#, i'm trying to remember what happend too
laugh.gif

edit:... really you can't say "i s h" together?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

This season is only 10 pages smh. It's all going to feel rushed

the budget for this show is significantly bigger than anything else on TV...

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by DubA169

The pacing and editing was straight terrible

But it's a set up episode so whatever

my point exactly. it honestly felt like a bunch of deleted scenes clipped together, but they still hit some good moments.
Same way i felt.  The episode was boring as hell.  But i guess its just to build up the stories/ make you hate joefrey more then everyone already does.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

IMDB has no mention of the actor playing Gendry
if they did, completely went over my head/stopped paying attention real quick.
I know the kid who played him last season put in work on Skins UK. Hope they didn't recast.

edit: hol a minute...Carice van Houten is playing Melisandre (redheaded witch)
...from this one movie, Black Book, great actress. Will probably show *******, just cuz.
Same kid plays Gendry I believe. It looked like Chris from skins at the end of the episode

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Like Magic said The Game of Thrones is Back!
laugh.gif

I was watching the Game of Thrones marathon again and got to wondering what if Khal Drogo was able to go through with his promise and bring his Dothraki horde to Westeros 
eek.gif
.  That speech his gave was so epic.

We've seen how savage those guys are when they fight, straight beastly.  King Robert and Ned seemed very concerned when they thought about that possibility.  Robert talked about how the Dothraki horde would be united under one leader and the Seven Kingdoms are separated.  In an open field the Dothraki are terrors.  But i'm not sure how effective their weapons would be against heavy armor.  We saw Ser Jorah catch that guy's arakh strike last season and murk him with the quickness.

Wish they didn't have to re-cast The Mountain.  That guy looked like a monster and intimidating as hell.

I want to see if they make Stannis' wife and daughter as ugly as they are in the book.  
laugh.gif

Nice first episode. Only thing is I wish they'd explain more about the new characters for those who haven't read the book.
Who is that red headed chick and how was she able to just down that poison like that?

-Dissapointed in the Littletinger Cersei scene. Kinda out of character for Peytr to show his hand like that. Book Peytr is friendly to everyone. Not sure where they're trying to go with that.

-Craster was not nearly as creepy as he's portrayed in the book. Thought he would have had more of a Walder Frey like look.

-LOVED the direwolves. Much closer to how they are in the book. Enjoyed the Robb and Jaime scene. I wish they included Robb telling Catelyn he was going to send Greatjohn Umber to treat with Renly when she hesitates. Would have shown how much he's matured a little more.

-Brans scene I liked for some reason. Really like how he's chareterized in the show instead of the book. Book Bran is way too whiny for my taste.

-Should have opened with the prologe. Would have shown Cressens death as a little more heartbreaking than they did. Makes me think they're going in a different direction with Mellisandre.

I've read the series (some books multiple times), so if anyone has an questions I'd defiantly answer without spoiling.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Nice first episode. Only thing is I wish they'd explain more about the new characters for those who haven't read the book.
Who is that red headed chick and how was she able to just down that poison like that?

Yeah, as a book reader I found this rather odd. There was no formal introduction to Stannis' counsel. When his Maester ate it on screen I felt nothing, but when reading it I was like
eek.gif

Friends who I watched it with were just like "who are these people!?!? Am I supposed to know?"
laugh.gif

Hopefully they get formal introductions on the next episode.

yup

would be a shame if they keep messing stuff like that up. gonna end up like the watchmen movie

you cant just assume everyone in the world read the books

^I still have some trouble remembering people from the previous season, and now there's like 10 more new ones
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Yeah, as a book reader I found this rather odd. There was no formal introduction to Stannis' counsel. When his Maester ate it on screen I felt nothing, but when reading it I was like
eek.gif

Friends who I watched it with were just like "who are these people!?!? Am I supposed to know?"
laugh.gif

Hopefully they get formal introductions on the next episode.

laugh.gif
 if i had not read the books i'd be confused as hell after this episode.  That scene with Maester Cressen and Mellisandre was terrible.  It seemed so forced and out of place.  I understand that they had to put it in to off the character, but I wish they had taken 5 more minutes of footage to set it up better (or atleast setup who the Maester was and why he was doing what he was doing).

someone hit the nail on the head earlier in this thread.  the pacing and editing was not good.

the mellisandre scene could have been done better. the prologue of the book should have been how they opened the season. people probably had no idea of the significance of the scene

the other scene i hated was peyter and cersie scene. that was so out of character. peyter is slick as *#%# in the book

other than that no scene truly bothered me

O-Neg, I double checked ACOK, and you were right about that first meeting between Cersei and Tyrion.

I was confusing it with another meeting they had later on in the book which was really intense.

Hopefully they show that in this second season.

Back
Top Bottom