HBO's "GIRLS" Vol. "That Was Way Harsh, Tai"...

I'm going through Shosh withdrawals, I can only hope one of the last few episodes focuses on her like the Japan episode man.

Lena don't put Adam back with Hannah :smh:

This might have been the worst episode of Girls yet my dudes:

- Adam comes back simping hard and Hannah takes him back immediately. This was way too contrived. One of the worst TV tropes is when couples that were fighting and have issues suddenly come together at the end. For a show that prided itself on its originality, it seems to be taking the easy way out. I hope that Adam and Hannah's relationship fails. It almost seems like a fantasy world that they both know shouldn't work or something.
- Ray choosing that fat chick over Queen Shosh. Generally speaking I really don't like Ray btw. He tries to come across as though he's more intellectual, more well put together and responsible than the other characters on the show when he's pretty much a late 30s bum who doesn't have a place to live most of the time.
- Jessa randomly smashing that dude in the bar bathroom Adam leaves her. She's got real issues

This might have been the worst episode of Girls yet my dudes:

- I hope that Adam and Hannah's relationship fails. It almost seems like a fantasy world that they both know shouldn't work or something.

To me that was the point. It seemed clear near the end (and there were hints throughout the episode) that they wouldn't be getting back together.

Yeah Im still not feeling the whole Hannah and Adam. Her whole pregnancy is weird as hell. Everything is moving kinda quickly because she's too late to get an abortion even she wanted it. 

And Queen Shosh being left behind 
mean.gif

They arent even using Queen Shosh properly...she barely got screen time this season :smh:

Last episode sucked. If I can ask Ray and Adam one question, it would be "WHY?!"

Can't wait till this **** show is over.

Adam is such a ****. Dude really said "Ok I wanna raise this guy's baby with you" like wtf? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Great episode on Sunday

- They kept it 100 about their 'friendship' during the group meeting. I thought it was gonna be some cheesy moment where they all come together and reconcile but it wasn't. They came to the conclusion most viewers came to awhile back: The four of them aren't friends anymore and haven't been for a long time and that's OK. People, especially in their 20s, grow apart. That's life.

- Looking at this episode, I think keeping Queen Sosh off the show for most of this season was intentional to show that she's moved on with her life. To be honest, she's the only real adult in the group and I'm glad she called the other 3 out for being narcissist and self absorbed. The friendships they had with one another were exhausting and IMO self destructive and Sosh was the first to realize this and dipped. :lol:

- So it looks like Adam "chose" Jessa in the end based on the end of last episode and him not being there with Hannah this episode. I'm glad he snapped out of his simp ways and came to his senses. :smokin

- How does Hannah keep getting his career opportunities? One of my biggest gripes with the show is Hannah continually getting these amazing job opportunities she doesn't deserve. I guess her writing must be so good it covers up her numerous personality flaws. Seriously, how many opportunities has she squandered over the course of the show and how does she keep getting more? How many college professors do you know who don't even have a Master's? I know its Lena Dunham's show but come on.

Last edited:
Yup good episode. They're definitely growing apart especially Shosh and Hannah didnt tell her shes pregnant. But they're were all dancing at the end so I dont know. 

And she's getting married to some random dude? 
laugh.gif

As for Hannah getting these amazing jobs time after time, who knows. Its one of the more far fetched things on the show lol 

Trash finale but the show really never had a continuous story anyway. Excellent show though. Six seasons has been great.

Trash finale but the show really never had a continuous story anyway. Excellent show though. Six seasons has been great.

Excellent?

I know we are all entitled to our opinions but I can't see how anyone can see it as that.

Last edited:
Final episode was more like an epilogue. Last week episode should have served as the finale.

Excellent?

I know we are all entitled to our opinions but I can't see how anyone can see it as that.

The episodes were usually pretty funny and Lena's post show commentary trying to make Hannah seem like the victim made the show great for me.

Last edited:
Final episode was more like an epilogue. Last week episode should have served as the finale.

pretty much, the minute I saw 5 months later I was like :rolleyes

Shows best season was 5 IMO just because the storylines for all characters were clicking on all cylinders

the other seasons maybe had 1 or 2 storylines I was somewhat invested in, and the others I didn't care

:lol: one was always shosh, the other a toss up:lol:

My favorite characters Ray and Shosh ended up the happiest imo. 

Honestly, big fan of the show, and I enjoyed the finale.

A major part of friendship is knowing when to let a friend go, and/or dial back. I still have my core crew from high school, but some live in other countries, other states, and a few we just don't talk any more. And that's alright.

I hope marnie lets Hannah go and finds her own lane, she was honestly one of my fave characters....

Girls wasn't perfect, a lot of contradicting story lines, contrived NY stereotypes, NO black people, and way too much hannah nudity. But all in all a well done show that explored relevant material.

To me a perfect finale leaves one being able to finish the story themselves, I can vividly see where the characters were heading in MY mind....That's all I can ask for.

Last edited:
Good show. I liked the way they mixed annoyance with amusement lol

The friendship being dialed back is a lot like me and my boys. I haven't seen or heard from them in months. Its crazy really. 

Everyone got closure in the last few shows, except for Hannah. She's the only one who didn't fully grow up until the very end of the finale. She took responsibility. 

Fav characters are still queen Shosh and Ray. Prolly because I resonated the most with them.

Yeah the friendship aspect will always be appreciated. That's why I liked the show. I remember graduating HS and having my 3 other core friends and we kept in touch, even went on trips, visited when living in other states, but then when we started having bachelor parties(ironically on so many levels that I was the first one) That's when we lost touch, after the last guy got married, pretty crazy. It is what it is though.

- I feel like the last episode did alot of the heavy lifting and provided alot of closure. The final episode was kind of just an epilogue.
- As expected, Hannah is a incredibly irresponsible, self centered, ill-equipped parent. I'm glad they didn't make her pull a 180 and be super responsible. When she went on her all day little tantrum she just left her infant there. Who does stuff like that?
- I'm glad her mom called her out for her crappy attitude. Hannah's biggest flaw is that she's a quitter, she's quit every job and relationship she's ever been in. What made her thing she'd be equipped to be a single mom? Hannah was complaining like this was some type of affliction that happened to her and not a conscious decision she made.
- Marnie coming out of nowhere seemed really random but I liked it
- I liked how Girls didn't wrap everything in a perfect bow with some type of epilogue showing everything working out for everyone. Friendships end, sometimes rather abruptly. We don't know what ended up happening to Ray, Adam, Jessa, etc. for a reason. I wouldn't mind a Girls movie though.

I haven't seen one single episode of this show. I have access to every episode via Go, but I just can't bring myself to watch it. It just strikes me as the type of show that glorifies everything wrong with gentrified New York. Am I wrong about that assessment? Is there more to this show than meets the eye?

On an alternative timeline...instead of Girls...We would have been watching the series finale of How to make it in America

Yes I'm still salty :lol:

^ I wish that was our reality.

Crisp was about to prosper :smh:

What's your guy's favorite episode from Girls?

I'm rolling with "The Panic in Central Park" from season 5.

The return of Charlie :pimp:

"Japan" S5E3
Pretty much the most I'll get out of my favorite character, Shosh, it was all her character development in one episode since she was a bottom character, she's like Jessa's cousin so I knew going in she wouldn't be showcased much, but happy she got an episode

Back
Top Bottom