HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

625EF197-B779-4733-B2C7-6B536FA3A713.gif

Lmfao she gotta get hers too

Been at odds with the wife over our opinion on this finale, she’s Team Issa all the way, hopeless romantic so she always wanted her to end up with her “first love” and is pretty much ignoring a whole 5 seasons of ****ery from Issas character...lol

I stopped liking Issa after she cheated on Lawrwnce, yeah he was a bum and uninspired, but that’s no reason to cheat on him, from that point forth the character was a train wreck all the way till the end, she wasn’t a good girlfriend, a good friend, she wasn’t even a good entrepreneur trying to get her business going, she never showed growth unlike Molly....I hated Molly’s character for a while, but by the end I thought her arc was written and closed out very well, Nathan deserved better and so did Condola, Lawrence should have ended with Condola, to show that Issa in the end dealt with the accountability of losing the love of her life and having to grow pass that, ALONE....the series should have ended with her alone, but not unhappy....they tried to give this show a Disney style ending, instead of keeping it real.

I said this in so many words to my wife & her girls & got attacked :smh:

Shes going to end the show single & it’ll be a beautiful thing because she’s completely comfortable with herself & where she’s at in life

So glad I’m not alone, maybe women just can’t look passed the whole star crossed lovers, soulmates ideology and regardless of how these characters were developed or written in the end they are ok with the toxicity between Issa and Lawrwnce being the book end to this series, I think is pretty lame and maybe that’s because the time jumps and bunch of episodes not focused on their actual growth as a couple, never allowed me to appreciate them as such, I dead serious saw far more of a mature and wholesome relationship with Condola, I seriously feel Shes the one that made Lawrence a better man, made him a father...eventhough he wasn’t happy about it at first, I think that’s what shifted his character entirely...idk

I don't think Molly had some wild arc. She couldn't find a man and found a man. She was already settled in everything else. Issa was the one driving Uber and taking part time jobs just to keep the lights on and unhappy with her job. Issa and Lawrence had a much greater story arc. Lawrence went from the bottom, working at Best Buy depressed. As if having a child out of wedlock is some sort of scarlet letter.

I thought it was lazy, because it was like we don't have a man for her to be with and it's the last season. So they did Taurean. Didn't matter that they hated each other and he was corny. Not that it didn't make a lick of sense, but it was easier than bringing in a new character when they really don't care about you(Kelli). Bringing some edibles to try and show he's not as corny as he's been portrayed?

Does anyone think her marriage will last? I thought she settled with her Russell Wilson, because he's not her type. She was already complaining about him on the honeymoon.

It gives off the impression that you need a man and to be married to complete yourself and be happy in 2021. Tiffany is unhappy with her life, give her another kid. I guess 🤷‍♂️

I don't think Molly had some wild arc. She couldn't find a man and found a man. She was already settled in everything else. Issa was the one driving Uber and taking part time jobs just to keep the lights on and unhappy with her job. Issa and Lawrence had a much greater story arc. Lawrence went from the bottom, working at Best Buy depressed. As if having a child out of wedlock is some sort of scarlet letter.

I thought it was lazy, because it was like we don't have a man for her to be with and it's the last season. So they did Taurean. Didn't matter that they hated each other and he was corny. Not that it didn't make a lick of sense, but it was easier than bringing in a new character when they really don't care about you(Kelli). Bringing some edibles to try and show he's not as corny as he's been portrayed?

Does anyone think her marriage will last? I thought she settled with her Russell Wilson, because he's not her type. She was already complaining about him on the honeymoon.

It gives off the impression that you need a man and to be married to complete yourself and be happy in 2021. Tiffany is unhappy with her life, give her another kid. I guess 🤷‍♂️

Yeah man good points. Definitely didnt expect molly to end up with him. They barely showed them dating, they did two events together and one was work related. I don't think the edibles was a stretch. In cali, everybody likely partakes no matter how they come off. lol. although their edibles reaction was a bit od. lol

was really disappointed to see tiffany knocked up. Especially when she ran off after having the first kid. How would making her pregnant in another state, with no support, and a toddler help her mentally? She was already struggling with regaining herself and understanding what she wanted/or needed to do with her life. As moms once we start having kids, you very quickly can lose your own self from being so wrapped up into being someone's mom.

They really showed the mental power struggle of women who want to be successful and have a family with molly. But totally glossed over postpartum depression and all the stressors related to being a black mother. Married or not and one who is uprooted from her support system. That's the story that truly needs to be told.

Yeah man good points. Definitely didnt expect molly to end up with him. They barely showed them dating, they did two events together and one was work related. I don't think the edibles was a stretch. In cali, everybody likely partakes no matter how they come off. lol. although their edibles reaction was a bit od. lol

was really disappointed to see tiffany knocked up. Especially when she ran off after having the first kid. How would making her pregnant in another state, with no support, and a toddler help her mentally? She was already struggling with regaining herself and understanding what she wanted/or needed to do with her life. As moms once we start having kids, you very quickly can lose your own self from being so wrapped up into being someone's mom.

They really showed the mental power struggle of women who want to be successful and have a family with molly. But totally glossed over postpartum depression and all the stressors related to being a black mother. Married or not and one who is uprooted from her support system. That's the story that truly needs to be told.

I didn't like what they did with Tiffany at all. It's like her husband said **** your happiness, my career though. We'll worry about your happiness later. You can find some new friends and we'll have a nice house for you to sit around in all day. One kid about to go to school, give you another kid to keep you busy. Especially when they spent a season showcasing he depth of her post partum depression. Did they discuss therapy or anything? It's like they mentioned her in passing that she's doing better now.

Just like it seems like they threw in the moms stroke to make Molly more of a sympathetic and relatable figure.

That's why I didn't really care for the last season, you spent four years telling us one thing about everyone else besides Lawrence and Issa. At the end of the day you knew that they really loved and cared about each other. Though her telling Nathan I love you made no sense.

I think everyone was expecting a grand *** ending for everyone (issa, molly, tiff etc) and life just dont work like that

Some people win, some people get dealt a bad hand

And sometimes it be the one we like the most, are genuinely good ppl we want to win and they just dont

I like how it ended, didnt end on some mythical disney ish for Issa, ‘ish happens’ like she said

But we on the outside looking in, in my opinion I think she did win, she got a man that loved her all along, ok u got a kid thats not yours in the process but thats life

You tell god your plans and he gonna laugh at u

Some of these complaints are weird to me. Are these events not happening in your friend circles. Women follow men due to their careers all the time. This isn't some new thing especially if Derek is the breadwinner of the household.

They've always used Tiffany as a placeholder when they needed some time to fill in here and there. She was never going to get fleshed out.

The biggest **** always end up with the lame square who actually treats them right. This isn't some groundbreaking event.

Some of these complaints are weird to me. Are these events not happening in your friend circles. Women follow men due to their careers all the time. This isn't some new thing especially if Derek is the breadwinner of the household.

They've always used Tiffany as a placeholder when they needed some time to fill in here and there. She was never going to get fleshed out.

The biggest **** always end up with the lame square who actually treats them right. This isn't some groundbreaking event.

Do you not understand how they' tried to give light to post partum depression which is something serious, and then quickly dismissed it as something frivolous. You're hitting us over the head with a message and then forget your own message in order to just give completion.

Because you have no complaints with the show, doesn't mean there weren't problems with it or that people should feel the same way you do. It's weird to me when people complain about people talking about a show as if everyone is supposed to praise it and not being able to wrap their head around peoples criticisms.

Nobody wanted, expected a "grand finale". We just wanted a good one. That's it.

Skipping time in the second episode was cool but doing it multiple years in a finale just isn't the best decision. Having Molly's mom die and it be followed by a time lapse not a good decision. Having Kelli be the fat funny friend for the entire show and all of a sudden having a man and a kid coming in the finale is not a good decision. Glossing over Tiffany not being happy in Denver. Not a good decision. I'm all for happy endings, but how they got there wasn't handled the best.

Last edited:

These are not complaints. It is valid criticism of this show. Insecure set up a series of events with these characters that didn't pay off in the end. So to say that these "complaints are weird to you" is completely dismissive.

Been at odds with the wife over our opinion on this finale, she’s Team Issa all the way, hopeless romantic so she always wanted her to end up with her “first love” and is pretty much ignoring a whole 5 seasons of ****ery from Issas character...lol

I stopped liking Issa after she cheated on Lawrwnce, yeah he was a bum and uninspired, but that’s no reason to cheat on him, from that point forth the character was a train wreck all the way till the end, she wasn’t a good girlfriend, a good friend, she wasn’t even a good entrepreneur trying to get her business going, she never showed growth unlike Molly....I hated Molly’s character for a while, but by the end I thought her arc was written and closed out very well, Nathan deserved better and so did Condola, Lawrence should have ended with Condola, to show that Issa in the end dealt with the accountability of losing the love of her life and having to grow pass that, ALONE....the series should have ended with her alone, but not unhappy....they tried to give this show a Disney style ending, instead of keeping it real.

But in real life this is how a lot of people think it goes down. They think you can have it all. :lol: The fairytale Disney style ending is popular with the show’s target audience.

In real life, she would’ve been alone or settling for someone she really wasn’t feeling. Seen it happen too many times.

I'm still waiting for somebody to tell me about all the loose ends and things they left out of the final season that needed to be addressed.

Still aint seeing anybody bring up anything worth mentioning.

Back
Top Bottom