HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

I'm still waiting for somebody to tell me about all the loose ends and things they left out of the final season that needed to be addressed.

Still aint seeing anybody bring up anything worth mentioning.
There are none because they skipped like 3-4 years and dedicated 2 minutes to each plot line they had :lol:

I didn't like what they did with Tiffany at all. It's like her husband said **** your happiness, my career though. We'll worry about your happiness later. You can find some new friends and we'll have a nice house for you to sit around in all day. One kid about to go to school, give you another kid to keep you busy. Especially when they spent a season showcasing he depth of her post partum depression. Did they discuss therapy or anything? It's like they mentioned her in passing that she's doing better now.
It may depend on how much you can relate to the situations. I know a “Tiffany” in real life in nearly the same exact situation. Husband was in med school and had to relocate to a very conservative state to finish his residency. Both of them hate it there, she doesn’t know anyone out there. They just had a baby but they/she is thugging it out keeping the bigger picture in mind. Husband isn’t some controlling villain. The couple made a joint decision that they believe is best for them in the long-term but not without it’s immediate drawbacks, for both sides. He also mentioned how his friends haven’t visited yet so its not perfect for him either.

The side character situations seem more like conversation starters versus major plot points. I think they really dropped the ball with Nathan’s character but overall the show was an entertaining journey.

Good job and thank you, Issa and co.

It may depend on how much you can relate to the situations. I know a “Tiffany” in real life in nearly the same exact situation. Husband was in med school and had to relocate to a very conservative state to finish his residency. Both of them hate it there, she doesn’t know anyone out there. They just had a baby but they/she is thugging it out keeping the bigger picture in mind. Husband isn’t some controlling villain. The couple made a joint decision that they believe is best for them in the long-term but not without it’s immediate drawbacks, for both sides. He also mentioned how his friends haven’t visited yet so its not perfect for him either.

The side character situations seem more like conversation starters versus major plot points. I think they really dropped the ball with Nathan’s character but overall the show was an entertaining journey.

Good job and thank you, Issa and co.

The issue I had was that they thought she was suicidal, so it wasn't the same as a normal couple going to a place you aren't happy with for career advancement and being able to relate.

How many husbands are going to take their suicidal wife to a location without a support system and then giving her a baby. That's why I keep referring back to season four, because it's like they totally threw that whole season away. You're leaving a very big portion of it out.

Are you trying to entertain and joke or are you trying to bring to light and address serious issues? Same way they handled Molly's mother dying. She got a call, next scene, moving on. My issue, don't bring them up at all, and keep the jokes flowing.

I don't see the big deal. They been doing this. Looking for some subplot to carry the show a bit after mainly focusing on Molly's and Issa's ****ed up lives for so long. A bit of that was reacting to some show criticism.

They threw Tiffany that whole missing/PTSD subplot to fall back on Issa/Molly/Lawrence and show there was a bit more going on in that friend circle. It worked. **** led to the baby isn't Derek's theories :lol:

As for the PTSD, well it was never going to be addressed in the main story. She got the help she needed and they squared it away

Not all women with PD are fragile creatures that can't make big life changes without falling a part.

I don't think seeing Tiffany pregnant at the wedding is meant to say she got saddled with another kid in a horrible situation. I think it signifies she's in a better place there. Plus Tiff is smart enough to use the PPD as a reason not to have another kid if she doesn't want one. Hell, Tiff is smart enough to heed the PPD as a reason not to move if she really didn't want to.

Women who have had PPD with their first child don't necessarily get it with pregnancies after.

Suffice it to say storylines go different if Insecure was about Tiffany and Kelli (instead of Issa and Molly). And actually the only thing they missed out on; doing an episode or two with the focus being Kelli's and Tiffany's perspective.

Does anyone think her marriage will last? I thought she settled with her Russell Wilson, because he's not her type. She was already complaining about him on the honeymoon.

She complains about everything. It'll last longer than this Issa/Lawrence.

Taurean is lame/uptight and so is Molly they're more a of match that the other guys outside of Dro. He was already familiar with her BS before dating so it's not that much of a reach.

Issa would have been with Nathan longer if he didn't call it off. If Chad didn't gas Lawrence up to fight for her he probably would have been cuffed up with another random. Daniel pops up he could still smash Issa.

Issa and Lawrence only developed in regards to their career/business They're still trash people dating/relationship wise they were still being messy/triflin in the finale.

Issa and Nathan wouldn't make it. They always looked forced and awkward together. He was familiar and a rebound.

Yeah they would broken up after moving in together if Nathan didn't end it after the fight with Lawrence.

IRL...Lawrence DEFINITELY would have smashed Condola at least ONCE in between all that time.

Everybody knows the BM is still getting hit. Especially, if both parties are still single and in close proximity...and there's no beef.

Nah bruh...me and my ex have both been single and definitely didn't need to smash or even want to. Not a one size fit all situation.

I really like the ending but then again I'm a sucker for happy endings. After Isa broke up with Nathan, I genuinely thought she was going to end up single and the show would take a " I'm confident on my own and in my own skin" angle. When they went for the very clean, "everyone gets what they want ending". Everyone is happy and successful in both their careers and personal lives.

I actually liked seeing the little splices and using time lapse as a storytelling device although I understand why this might leave others wanting more.

D6D0A643-8661-4647-A080-5B9FA2D7D86A.gif
4799A520-F021-40BF-94B9-62518978A792.gif
36BFF6AC-C90A-49BF-BD6C-437B38C9986A.gif

Random thoughts:
-I’m glad they made the focus of the show the friendship of Molly and Issa (even though it was infuriating at times) rather than another show about just romantic lives

-the show does a great job of capturing real, human emotion and tension (either simple or complex). Often times without saying a damn word

-the cinematography is top notch. This scene with Lawrence and Issa in the park was my favorite of the whole series

Attachments

• FC769E5A-ECD0-4558-9747-81DBE6F1DC20.jpeg
    FC769E5A-ECD0-4558-9747-81DBE6F1DC20.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 437
Back
Top Bottom