HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

I don't follow you, care to elaborate on both statements here?

daniel was too insecure with his perceived position/success to approach the guy he went to school with to collab or whatever

too proud

molly/dro story could explore insecurity as well since dro seems to think its his prerogative to **** molly and his wife and ignore molly wanting more

maybe dro wife is insecure and thats why she lets him have an open relationship cuz she doesnt think she can do better

maybe dro is insecure and feels he needs multiple women to "feel like a man"?

maybe molly gets insecure if dro picks up a new chick?

im saying there are ways they can go with the idea of male insecurity and/or the perceived position/status that these men think they occupy

on the show called insecure

Thanks, I just needed some more so I could see what avenue your mind was heading towards.

I can understand Daniel there. Especially when you are viewing someone as 'competition'. It can difficult changing your train of thought. And then to seek help from him too. It's tough.

But, they do have a lot of avenues open to them this season. I can see both scenario #2 & #3 happening in the Molly/Dro storyline. And a twist on #3 is Dro getting 'insecure' when Molly nabs a new dude. Which I think is totally plausible, especially considering she has put her foot down to set up boundaries. I can see him getting tight about a new dude especially how he reacted to the whole key situation.

YBN Nahmir got the music shout out. Happy for him.

I liked this episode. I mean it's obvious Issa and Daniel are gonna get together. But the journey to getting there is gonna be interesting.

Since we got a focus on the dynamic between Daniel and Issa this episode, I feel like next week is gonna be about Molly, and maybe Dro as well.

IDK about you guys, but I'm enjoying seeing this level of quality in a black TV show. It's not sitcom-y, it's not stereotypical. Between this and Atlanta, I feel like there's a new standard that we won't be likely to backslide from.

I hope that they don't get together just because it seems so obvious that it's gonna happen.

Def is a good set of shows out right now that aren't embarrassing to stand by. Even started watching Black-ish.

Def is a good set of shows out right now that aren't embarrassing to stand by. Even started watching Black-ish.
Anyone else jump on the 'Love Is...' train. A lot more feels in that show, but its good.

I've seen some talk (several bloggers made note) of the shows inclusion and catering to the online opinion. We saw it recently with Dro receiving a call from his wife and he confirms that he still with Molly, putting to rest the notion that Dro isn't being forthcoming about his "open-marriage". I think this is more bad than good. While it's great they are paying attention to the audience, people are going to complain about any and every little thing that they can and it can cause the writing, artistically speaking, to suffer. I'm not really a fan of it.

Anyone else jump on the 'Love Is...' train. A lot more feels in that show, but its good.

I've seen some talk (several bloggers made note) of the shows inclusion and catering to the online opinion. We saw it recently with Dro receiving a call from his wife and he confirms that he still with Molly, putting to rest the notion that Dro isn't being forthcoming about his "open-marriage". I think this is more bad than good. While it's great they are paying attention to the audience, people are going to complain about any and every little thing that they can and it can cause the writing, artistically speaking, to suffer. I'm not really a fan of it.

You do know that the season was filmed months ago, right? This isn't something they are currently in the middle of.

Idk I wasn't completely sold on just that notion that him saying he's with Molly as his wife knowing they smashing. I think because they are so close he can just tell his wife he's with her and she just assumes it's innocent. The way he blew up on her later on said to me that he's got her behind the same line a side chick would be at.

Issa was just on Hot Ones and she didn't seem much into the need to appease the audience but maybe it was specifically about Lawrence not being there and not the show overall.

You do know that the season was filmed months ago, right? This isn't something they are currently in the middle of.

I'm aware. They've been doing this basically addressing things/complaints in the following season. The Dro thing was a topic of discussion much of S2, here we are in S3 and he gets the phone call. They've done that with a couple other items; condoms S1 and S2 inclusion, gay representation and now we've got two gay characters (although I'm not sure why this was even a complaint. I thought it was obvious Issa brother and homie she worked with was), etc.

Idk I wasn't completely sold on just that notion that him saying he's with Molly as his wife knowing they smashing. I think because they are so close he can just tell his wife he's with her and she just assumes it's innocent. The way he blew up on her later on said to me that he's got her behind the same line a side chick would be at.

Issa was just on Hot Ones and she didn't seem much into the need to appease the audience but maybe it was specifically about Lawrence not being there and not the show overall.
I gotta go back and watch that one.

Fair, it could be viewed as a 'he fell asleep on her couch' situation. I viewed the blow up because he believed they had an understanding beforehand. If it is truly open and he's invested in Molly like she's a true GF so he's not a fan of her new rules.

I want to say that's specifically with the Lawrence thing. That piece will change the trajectory of the narrative she's trying to push forward completely. These little pieces kind of take screentime away from things that could be fleshed out better, causing more audience questions that need answering. Just creates a cycle in a way.

Also note, I don't think Lawrence is completely done with the show. He's just not in this season is all.

Lawrence needs to show up on Atlanta and be smashing Van/Zazie....

...For the culture.

I gotta go back and watch that one.

Fair, it could be viewed as a 'he fell asleep on her couch' situation. I viewed the blow up because he believed they had an understanding beforehand. If it is truly open and he's invested in Molly like she's a true GF so he's not a fan of her new rules.

I want to say that's specifically with the Lawrence thing. That piece will change the trajectory of the narrative she's trying to push forward completely. These little pieces kind of take screentime away from things that could be fleshed out better, causing more audience questions that need answering. Just creates a cycle in a way.

Also note, I don't think Lawrence is completely done with the show. He's just not in this season is all.

Dro didn't like that he wasn't in control of they lil situation and lost his "cool". I'd prefer that his wife doesn't know just for a potentially epic reaction later on

I don't think I want Lawrence back really, we done moved on and he wasn't a spectacular character so I think he ran his course. But I can see him coming back for some kind of "you see your ex and kinda want them back" kind of episode(s)

Lawrence needs to show up on Atlanta and be smashing Van/Zazie....

...For the culture.

He ain't got the swag to deserve to small her footsteps

Reactions: God
The music is the highlight of the show for me.

I think whats making insecure so wack is the fact that all the Black men looked weak as hell with the exception of Lawrence. I damn near cried tears of joy when I saw Lawrence piping Tasha at the end of season 1 to reclaim his power.

Now we have "Captain save a broke ..." Daniel who is enabling the hell out of Issa because he is in his feelings. Daniel overall is being portrayed as a weak black male archetype.

Dro is kinda wack as well for not having that Molly situation in check.

I understand the show is called insecure and all but I feel like the way she portrays men in general is more like Broken rather than insecure. I've seen enough broken black men on TV. It would have been better if she showed some resolve with these men but thats never been Issa motivation throughout her career.

Once I saw Molly do that interview and talk about being a virgin, I can't **** with her character no more.

Don't know about yall, but I'm only watching this show because it has a black creator & the facebook groups I'm in are on point.
This current season doesn't excite me at all.
No memorable moments & no eye candy for us men.

Molly finally got around other black people, but don't like how they operate is funny. I wish I worked in an office that was majority black, but it's the opposite.
Daniel out here acting salty because people don't like his boring beats. Dude should know that you have to fake it until you make it, then you can do stuff your way.

Pretty sure I'm out.. between this and ballers I got zero interest in hbo's Sunday nights

Last week tonight the only thing they got going and that's on break

Thank gawd football is starting soon

What Daniel did with the beat was pretty disrespectful IMO. Dude got him the meet and he wants to play that wack beat. Disgusting man.

Episode was meh. Better than last weeks for sure.

Fam just gonna go to sleep with cat on his mouth ? :lol:

I swear Issa is the new Lawrence. Funny how this kinda turned out.

Back
Top Bottom