HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

The Issa-Lawrence reunion came a little too quickly and easily. They haven't really spoken in years and now they're back together after one night?

Also, I really hoped they wouldn't get back together. Lawrence's life got better immediately after leaving Issa. They're not good for each other.

Well shot, well-acted and great music as always

Now everybody loving the show again :lol:

That's all you wanted? All yall were just some Issa/Lawrence shippers this whole time :lol: Ep was good but I still feel it came a little too soon.

Alaska :lol:

I knew Lawrence wanted this convo once he had that argument with Condola.

TSA dude :rofl: Their inside jokes wild corny :lol: The Horn Identity

That dialogue after Issa asked what if I wanted to stay was not real life. Even for a pair that was a couple for a long time.

We're those Lawrence's clothes she wore the next day so it didn't look like she was doing the walk of shame next morning? If not how she just happen to have sleep iver clothes? Or even more treacherous are those some of Condola's sleep over clothes?! :nerd:

The soundtrack for this show stays top notch :pimp:
Damn it’s one to say this hating a** ish but to actually type it out tells me how much sucker you really are. People enjoyed the episode and here you come sounding like an incel.

The Issa-Lawrence reunion came a little too quickly and easily. They haven't really spoken in years and now they're back together after one night?

Also, I really hoped they wouldn't get back together. Lawrence's life got better immediately after leaving Issa. They're not good for each other.

But, they’re still not together. You’ve never slept with an ex you still had feelings for? The point of the episode was about finding closure and understanding in a relationship that didn’t end well.

Issa wasn’t holding Lawrence back, he was holding himself back. Stop trying to put his failure to succeed on Issa. Lawrence is a grown a** man

That conversation was really dope. I've lived this episode. Granted we didn't break up because of cheating, we still didn't make it. Those real *** conversations you have when the anger/pain has subsided, the ego is dropped, and you're both being honest are cathartic.

I smashed :tongue:

Back together? Not yet. I no longer think it's gonna happen. That episode was closure. For him or her to go back and be like, 'Let's try again' I think would be only to force a plot for another season.

I haven’t seen the episode yet but Is getting closure such a big deal for men

That conversation was really dope. I've lived this episode. Granted we didn't break up because of cheating, we still didn't make it. Those real *** conversations you have when the anger/pain has subsided, the ego is dropped, and you're both being honest are cathartic.

I smashed :tongue:
I felt this. It’s almost like a clean slate but not to start over together, just to give peace of mind ya dig?

I keep seeing people say it's closure, but they both said to each other "you make me happy" and at different times they had that look on their face of being happy when reflecting about the situation alone.

Contrast this against last week's episode with Molly, and she thinks she's in a good place with Andrew. They had missed beats (i.e. Bedroom scene with toys), compared to where Issa and Lawrence are after not being with each other for a while, and they haven't skipped a beat chemistry wise.

Damn it’s one to say this hating a** ish but to actually type it out tells me how much sucker you really are. People enjoyed the episode and here you come sounding like an incel.
Sounding like an incel for saying what? What hating ****?

You know what those words mean?

You mad cuz I called out ppl who been hating on the show weekly and apparently all they wanted was Lawrence and Issa back together? And you one of them :lol:

Take your ********ness elsewhere girl.

For Lawrence it was. The entire episode was basically his idea.

5 or 6 year relationship. Dudes a lot more emotional than they let on.
For Lawrence it was. The entire episode was basically his idea.

5 or 6 year relationship. Dudes a lot more emotional than they let in
Naw that's how you know they got that chemistry. When you can make silly jokes without forcing anything, that's how you know it's real.
They mos def do. Still that joke got dragged :lol: Rhymed Bourne with 10 words.

Last edited:
Really good focused episode last night. I’d never reconnect with an ex, don’t see a need to personally, but I understood Lawerence and Issa’s move

Really good focused episode last night. I’d never reconnect with an ex, don’t see a need to personally, but I understood Lawerence and Issa’s move

The point of the episode is...what they thought was wrong, really wasn't. It was a communication issue, which is what couples go through. See how Lawrence explained where he was mentally to Issa, and how he expressed how he felt seeing her get up an go to work every day affected him? At the time, he couldn't express that because he had to figure out what "it" was. It took a separation for him to figure out HIS own issue in context of their relationship. On the flip side, Issa expressed that she felt she wasn't getting attention from Lawrence, which led her to Daniel. If they both expressed this at the time, it would have likely led to a bigger argument and finger pointing at the other person, when really what they needed to do was self reflect, think, and express their feelings to the other person. Since they separated, they've had time to do that, even with being with other people. As you can see, they clearly miss each other, because they weren't happy with the other people they were with. You gotta ask yourself, how many people do this? Hell, some people aren't honest with themselves with how they feel, or have issues conveying their feelings because they don't know how. The show cuts through all that faster for sake of tv, but people go YEARS not realizing this and don't get to the point Issa and Lawrence did, if ever. Point is, they were honest without anger, and on top of that, they were honest telling each other that the other makes them happy. Some people got too much pride or fear to even admit that.

I hate to keep comparing it, but look at Molly. She has issues letting go and forgiving. She still can't forgive her father for his mistake and her mother did, and that's her husband. Molly needs to learn that relationships aren't perfect, and they go through stages, but along with that, you must learn how to forgive the other person, NOT forget, but forgive, because people make mistakes. That POV might come back to bite her with Andrew, and maybe not, but her unforgiving nature towards others might boomerang back to her in a way she might not like for her to understand that she needs to soften and change in that area.

I think this was definitely closure for them. I don’t see them getting back together. Maybe if Issa wanted to end the show, I can see it goin that direction but for now, naw....great eoisode tho. Looking forward to seeing Issa and Molly talk they issues out next week...

If anything they gonna have L-dawg take a backseat on the show next season and whatever other seasons and then on the last few episodes of the season he gonna wife her up

If anything they gonna have L-dawg take a backseat on the show next season and whatever other seasons and then on the last few episodes of the season he gonna wife her up
They basically figured out how to write him out the show after the strong backlash when they broke up and they stopped following his player escapades.

There is a strong movement I saw for wanting them back together compared to this just being closure.

Back
Top Bottom