Head Coach Jason Kidd

Brian Shaw will never get a chance, EVER. Jason Kidd can just waltz into coaching job less than 7 days after retirement and yet hes been waiting for years.
Just ask yourselves this question, does Jason Kidd DESERVE this job? Not a Coaching job, but THIS job. A team that made it abundantly clear that they were in search of a high quality coach who could bring this team to the next level, who for all intents and purposes fired two coaches this year who coached what really is a mediorce basketball team to the best of its abilty, should hire a guy who has zero prior experience? Nets legend or not this isnt the move they needed to make. It will be even worse when the team continues to suck and they hang Kidd out to dry for it. Brian Shaw would be a better fit, I could see the triangle working with the players they have. I would think that he could do a better job commanding the respect of the roster at this point than Kidd could, especially with Deron Williams there. I think the last person he would want to listen to is a guy whos regarded as his predecessor and a rookie coach. We shall see though.
Brian Shaw has turned down coaching jobs though...

Nets want to make a splash and keep their names relevant in NYC because that team is headed nowhere fast with Joe Cool and G. Wallace on the books for eternity.
Yup. I can see it now. "Jason Kidd Jersey Retirement Ceremony: WHILE HES THE COACH!!!!! And to make it all the more spectacular, they will be playing the Bobcats so they can get a blowout win on the night Kidds jersey is retired while hes coaching the team. The merchandising opportunities. You guys are right deserving has little to do with it, but its a terrible fit, and if he really wants a long term career in coaching this isnt the right place to start. This would be one of the last places I would want to go. Lofty goals with a roster not talented enough to achieve them.
The sticking point for the Nets is that he bring on Lawrence Frank as an assistant
Oh really? This is a sideshow...
My thoughts on the matter. Good luck to him though

Head coach?

Iseewhatyoudid

Ohhhhhhhh **** :rofl:. I ain't eem think about that.

That being said, I'm not sure about this. Maybe light skinned PG's know something we don't :lol:

I don't think he should get it though. Right out of the box from playing? At least be an assistant for a little bit or something. I feel bad for Brian Shaw :smh:, I was hoping he would get the job. Plus, the world doesn't need to see more TJ Kidd with a bigger head now that he's older :lol:

Last edited:
who would even be on his staff. really interested to see the guys he hire

who would even be on his staff. really interested to see the guys he hire

He wants Lawrence Frank, which for the Nets is hustling backwards. They fired him, and then turn around and hire Kidd with him as an assistant? Doesn't make sense if you ask me.

^^even funnier is that frank won coach of the year award with kidd as his starting pg..now relegated to his assistant on the tm that canned him no less.

Yea that's weird as hell. I always thought Kidd never liked frank, he screams way too much on the sideline

^it was b.scott that kidd didnt really like.
frank owes it to kidd for his head coaching gig. i wouldnt be surprised if he would joined kidd's staff. his family is basically in that area and his relationship with kidd is really good (from what i read in the past)

His relationship with Kidd is definitely good if Kidd is vouching for him, even though frank is annoying I've always liked him lol

Best of luck to J Kidd
I was really hoping he would stick around the knicks as an assistant coach and then move up somehow.
But yeah good luck to him. Its nuts he retired and a week later he got a HC job.
I think its a delicate matter to step into THAT time RIGHT now and expect to compete for a ring though.
Oldass mofo :lol:

Last edited:
IMO this is a good look for both parties involved.

The reward is clearly bigger than the risk in this situation

I don't care how many jobs Shaw's turned down.
To skip him and hire someone who just retired 2 weeks ago is ludicrous.
Shaw was more than qualified and experienced enough for THIS position, with THIS roster.

Hopefully Shaw still lands a job with the Clippers. :smh:

I loved J Kidd as a player, especially with the Nets, but im nervous about this move. The positive outlook is that as a player, he was always a general on the court. He always struck me as a player who would eventually transition into coaching. He was a leader on the floor at all times & I think he'll be able to gain the players trust & get through to them real well.

The negatives that scare me are he has no actual coaching experience & this Nets team isn't in a position where they can afford to be patient with a brand new head coach (not new in a sense of new to the team, but new in the sense of never had coached before). This Nets team is built for now... From players ages, to contracts, etc, they're built to win now... This isn't a team for the future & I don't know how smoothly "win now" is gonna work out with a new coach learning his way as he goes. The only thing I hope for is that he has a real experienced bench alongside him from a coaching standpoint. I keep hearing Lawrence Frank's name being thrown around, but last I heard was he was only giving advice to Kidd... He had no intentions on returning to the bench next season. We'll see though.

I hope it works out with Kidd in charge... Im just surprised Shaw didn't get the job with all his experience on the bench. He got a lot of credit from the young players (like Paul George & Lance Stephenson) in Indy with him helping them with player development. He's also had a lot of experience being mentored by Phil Jackson in LA. These are some very big positives I saw in Shaw when he was rumored to get the Nets job. Im sure he'll get another gig somewhere else, though. He's got a lot of potential as a future head coach.

I don't care how many jobs Shaw's turned down.
To skip him and hire someone who just retired 2 weeks ago is ludicrous.
Shaw was more than qualified and experienced enough for THIS position, with THIS roster.

Hopefully Shaw still lands a job with the Clippers. :smh:

That's completely irrelevant IMO. Hell in a way, you can almost take that and use it to J.kidd's advantage

Back
Top Bottom