Head Coach Jason Kidd

crazy they hired him that fast, maybe they see something in him. his IQ in playing is top notch, so i guess he'll be fine. he is one of my fav players of all time too.

I'm not mad at him getting a coaching job this soon but with the Nets? I mean it really feels he'll be having a system and learning on the fly. Plus the team, I dunno just don't seem like a great fit for dude.

Feel bad for Pat and Brian but hey this is the state of the league.

How are y'all so confident dude won't last a season?

Sounds like Mark Jackson all over again.

J Kidd did some of y'all favorite teams dirty...smh.

The simple fact that proko canned PJ and Avery let's you know he thinks this roster is good enough to contend for a chip now. the nets aren't better than the Knicks let alone any of the top teams in the east. Kidd as a first time coach ever is not going to be able to push this team to the top of the east..in fact I think they'll be worse. That why I say he won't last the year. Proko isn't interested in going through the growing pains and with a first time coach there will be plenty of growing pains.

How are y'all so confident dude won't last a season?

Sounds like Mark Jackson all over again.

J Kidd did some of y'all favorite teams dirty...smh.

The simple fact that proko canned PJ and Avery let's you know he thinks this roster is good enough to contend for a chip now. the nets aren't better than the Knicks let alone any of the top teams in the east. Kidd as a first time coach ever is not going to be able to push this team to the top of the east..in fact I think they'll be worse. That why I say he won't last the year. Proko isn't interested in going through the growing pains and with a first time coach there will be plenty of growing pains.

but kidd is a big name if anything

never seen someone go from da hardwood to holding a clipboard so fast... props j-kidd

Really? No one else is going to say it? Am I going to have to be the one to put it out there? I really dont want to, but you guys are just ignoring the obvious and IDK if theres some reason why no one is saying it when we're all thinking it.

Brian Shaw cant get a head coaching job because hes black
ohwell.gif

Really? No one else is going to say it? Am I going to have to be the one to put it out there? I really dont want to, but you guys are just ignoring the obvious and IDK if theres some reason why no one is saying it when we're all thinking it.

ohwell.gif

Didn't the Lakers choose MIKE BROWN over him?

He was the top Net target almost without competition (even though COY George Karl, Lionel Hollins, Jerry Sloan, etc are available) until Kidd interviewed really well and Shaw chose the Clipper job as a top priority.

If he goes another off-season without a job, you guys can cry and complain. If the Nets signed a proven mediocre coach like Mo Cheeks or JVG, I'd understand the crying. He's probably gonna get the Clipper job - probably the best job out there - and if he's still an assistant - it's because he's been picky. He wants to go to the right situation, he's not like Pat Ewing.

Definitely does not deserve this head coach job and it's a slap in the faces to grinding assistant coaches and other head coaches with experience looking for gigs :smh:

Politics as usual *Jay Z voice*

View media item 452959

Only Avery was fired. This wasn't the first time either have not been brought back to a team.

does shaw plan on running the triangle? that could've played into it. kidd probably wants to run an exciting brand of basketball and is tight with d-will da coach killah

Antidope, im just as dissapointed as you in Shaw not being hired for this position.
I think he's earned it.

But in no way, shape, or form do I think him being black is why he didn't get the job.
You're taking it a little too far with that brah. :smh:
A big chunk of NBA coaches are Black, this ain't like the NFL.
Plus like one dude said, Mike Brown got hired over him in LA...so...conspiracy theory voided.

I guess no one remembers Bill Russell, who went from player/coach to coach of the Celtics huh? Ok.....
How many people on this board were alive to remember that?
CP and SKA?

roll.gif
at shaw getting passed over cause he is black. get out of here man, like people have said he has pulled out of jobs that he could of had because he wanted better jobs. bad teams have job openings for a reason

i wonder if there's anything against the rules to allow someone to be an nba player and head coach at the same time

what did u guys see from shaws playing career that makes u think he would be such a great coach?  not saying he wont but it seems like a lotta of u are jumping on his bandwagon just cause its the thing to do

what did u guys see from shaws playing career that makes u think he would be such a great coach?  not saying he wont but it seems like a lotta of u are jumping on his bandwagon just cause its the thing to do

It's usually those who weren't star players that turn out to be great coaches. (i.e. When Phil Jackson won his as a player, he was a bench player)

ohwell.gif
I assume you're being sarcastic?

Jason Kidd is black too. And on top of that has a criminal record. Mike Brown is black. Mark Jackson is black. etc etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom