Heat vs Celtics - 7:30 TNT

every loss from this Heat team will bring a smile to my face. 
thing is, i like Bron/Wade/Bosh but all that #!%% talking about winning 7-8 championships and talking about going at the Bulls 72-10 record should not have been said.

they looked really bad last night down 20 in the first half

Theyll be fine eventually, but the question is what determines "fine"?

Last night was bad, but the season wont be that bad.  Although there were some things that were CLEARLY a problem and wont get better/will be an issue in the season.  (No PG and no solid center)

16 plays?  Lol. 

Oh wow I had no idea.

But no need to think the sky is falling, just off of talent alone...I see them beating up on the crappy teams in the nba and having mixed results against good teams.  That will be good enough for 50 plus wins. 

This year is not their year to win the chip but the beauty of it is that they have many years to try, given their ages. 

Personally I hope they never win but that's because I'm a Bulls fan. 
laugh.gif

Theyll be fine eventually, but the question is what determines "fine"?

Last night was bad, but the season wont be that bad.  Although there were some things that were CLEARLY a problem and wont get better/will be an issue in the season.  (No PG and no solid center)

16 plays?  Lol. 

Oh wow I had no idea.

But no need to think the sky is falling, just off of talent alone...I see them beating up on the crappy teams in the nba and having mixed results against good teams.  That will be good enough for 50 plus wins. 

This year is not their year to win the chip but the beauty of it is that they have many years to try, given their ages. 

Personally I hope they never win but that's because I'm a Bulls fan. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Any basketball fan worth anything knows that Miami will have problems this year, especially against a good defensive team, or a team with size. You cannot win championships with two players who HAVE to dominate the ball to be successful. Wade or No. 6 will have to take a backseat to the other, and it's probably gonna be Wade. Problem is he don't have the game to sacrifice being dominant because he has to have the ball in his hands to be effective. It's the only way he's ever played and its going to be hard to reprogram himself, same thing with No. 6

They are soft down low, Chris Bosh is too weak (couldn't do nothing with Garnett, Shaq, or big baby), their bench is trash, no low post players, no players who can consistently run off screens and hit threes or fifteen footers, they only have two players who can legitimately put the ball on the floor and go get buckets, no defensive minded big men, two ball hogs, no defense at point guard or coming off the bench, a coach who has to look over his back all season, and not many players with heart, led by No. 6.

All they did was shoot jumpers last night, and that will not win championships. Will they play better than they did last night most nights, of course. But will they be dominant like everybody think, NO. Team has a lot of holes. Boston did exactly what every other team should do against them, pack the paint, get back on d, and make them a jump shooting team. Take notes other teams.
Definitely sounds like a lottery team to me.  Hopefully they can bag Kyrie to run the point
indifferent.gif

And he starts his rant off with "Any basketball fan worth anything knows..."
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 i think Bron, Wade, as well as Spo know better than that.. do you honestly think ISO ball is going to be the Heats go to plan every game? 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Any basketball fan worth anything knows that Miami will have problems this year, especially against a good defensive team, or a team with size. You cannot win championships with two players who HAVE to dominate the ball to be successful. Wade or No. 6 will have to take a backseat to the other, and it's probably gonna be Wade. Problem is he don't have the game to sacrifice being dominant because he has to have the ball in his hands to be effective. It's the only way he's ever played and its going to be hard to reprogram himself, same thing with No. 6

They are soft down low, Chris Bosh is too weak (couldn't do nothing with Garnett, Shaq, or big baby), their bench is trash, no low post players, no players who can consistently run off screens and hit threes or fifteen footers, they only have two players who can legitimately put the ball on the floor and go get buckets, no defensive minded big men, two ball hogs, no defense at point guard or coming off the bench, a coach who has to look over his back all season, and not many players with heart, led by No. 6.

All they did was shoot jumpers last night, and that will not win championships. Will they play better than they did last night most nights, of course. But will they be dominant like everybody think, NO. Team has a lot of holes. Boston did exactly what every other team should do against them, pack the paint, get back on d, and make them a jump shooting team. Take notes other teams.
Definitely sounds like a lottery team to me.  Hopefully they can bag Kyrie to run the point
indifferent.gif

And he starts his rant off with "Any basketball fan worth anything knows..."
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 i think Bron, Wade, as well as Spo know better than that.. do you honestly think ISO ball is going to be the Heats go to plan every game? 
grin.gif

Things were bad in their half court offense for most of the night.

Bosh and Wade played pretty bad, and they STILL were really close at the end. That's what worries me. Not sure how people thought this would be instant when they couldn't even play in the pre-season.

Things were bad in their half court offense for most of the night.

Bosh and Wade played pretty bad, and they STILL were really close at the end. That's what worries me. Not sure how people thought this would be instant when they couldn't even play in the pre-season.

Nothing in my post says anything about the Heat suck, or they won't make the playoffs, or them not having good players, none of that.Do they all have to mesh, of course they do. But if you are a person who knows basketball, tell me what you see in that team that screams championship, other than the fact that Wade and No.6 are on the same team. Better yet, give me a counter to everything I just said.

Nothing in my post says anything about the Heat suck, or they won't make the playoffs, or them not having good players, none of that.Do they all have to mesh, of course they do. But if you are a person who knows basketball, tell me what you see in that team that screams championship, other than the fact that Wade and No.6 are on the same team. Better yet, give me a counter to everything I just said.

RyGuy45:
Hey after a loss like this we need to remember to check ESPN's Heat Index !
Thanks for the heads up, buddy!

Why, how else would I have known of other teams to start the season off w/ a loss and then win the championship?

[h4]Teams to Win Championship After Starting 0-1, Since Merger[/h4][table][tr][th=""]Season[/th][th=""]Team[/th][th=""]Started[/th][/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td][td]Pistons[/td][td]0-1[/td][/tr][tr][td]1997-98[/td][td]Bulls[/td][td]0-1<<[/td][/tr][tr][td]1990-91[/td][td]Bulls[/td][td]0-3[/td][/tr][tr][td]1986-87[/td][td]Lakers[/td][td]0-1<<[/td][/tr][tr][td]1985-86[/td][td]Celtics[/td][td]0-1<<[/td][/tr][tr][td]1984-85[/td][td]Lakers[/td][td]0-2<<[/td][/tr][tr][td]1983-84[/td][td]Celtics[/td][td]0-1<<[/td][/tr][tr][td]1981-82[/td][td]Lakers[/td][td]0-2[/td][/tr][tr][td]>>Lost opener on road[/td][/tr][/table]

How else could I have any faith in the almighty Heat if it weren't for this friendly reminder from... The Heat Index?
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

RyGuy45:

Why, how else would I have known of other teams to start the season off w/ a loss and then win the championship?

[h4]Teams to Win Championship After Starting 0-1, Since Merger[/h4][table][tr][th=""]Season[/th][th=""]Team[/th][th=""]Started[/th][/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td][td]Pistons[/td][td]0-1[/td][/tr][tr][td]1997-98[/td][td]Bulls[/td][td]0-1<<[/td][/tr][tr][td]1990-91[/td][td]Bulls[/td][td]0-3[/td][/tr][tr][td]1986-87[/td][td]Lakers[/td][td]0-1<<[/td][/tr][tr][td]1985-86[/td][td]Celtics[/td][td]0-1<<[/td][/tr][tr][td]1984-85[/td][td]Lakers[/td][td]0-2<<[/td][/tr][tr][td]1983-84[/td][td]Celtics[/td][td]0-1<<[/td][/tr][tr][td]1981-82[/td][td]Lakers[/td][td]0-2[/td][/tr][tr][td]>>Lost opener on road[/td][/tr][/table]

How else could I have any faith in the almighty Heat if it weren't for this friendly reminder from... The Heat Index?
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

the game shouldnt have been close but Boston let them back in it .... Miami aint got no bigs nor anyone who can handle to rock outside of wade and bron... Bosh will be the odd man out cuz his post up game is non existant... san antonio , LA , Boston and Denver can beat this squad on any given night...

the game shouldnt have been close but Boston let them back in it .... Miami aint got no bigs nor anyone who can handle to rock outside of wade and bron... Bosh will be the odd man out cuz his post up game is non existant... san antonio , LA , Boston and Denver can beat this squad on any given night...

Agree with everything you just said and i'm no Heat hater but this assessment right here is 100% on point. 

Agree with everything you just said and i'm no Heat hater but this assessment right here is 100% on point. 

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

RyGuy45:

smokin.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

RyGuy45:

smokin.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

its just one game im sure miami will get their into their groove after a couple of games plus they played the defending eastern conference champions who already have a chip on their shoulder after losing to us in game 7

its just one game im sure miami will get their into their groove after a couple of games plus they played the defending eastern conference champions who already have a chip on their shoulder after losing to us in game 7

laugh.gif
... you prollly have not watched more then 6 heat games in your life, unless it was highlights on espn.... but wade with a pg can does come off a lot of screens and hits the mid range, or drives it in... but he can and will dominate the ball when he had too....
- chalmers did not play, eddie house can get hot....
- wade and lebron can play point.. with lebron and miller, wade can def guard a PG, lebron on the 2 and miller can guard the 3...
- you gotta be kidding me if  you think that all lebron and wade do is ball hog... name another player outside of a pg that has more assist then them, or why have they been in the top 10 in assist the last 2 years...
- celtics are a very good defensive team, a veteran defensive team at that.. there is a reason why they are the defending east champs.... if you think other teams in the league have what they have and be able to execute the plan, to shut down the heat besides the lakers, think again...
do they need to get passed those 2 teams to win... of course, but do you really think that lebron and wade cant figure it out by then..

*To the Heat fans out there...what are some realistic options at the PG spot?  Arroyo ain't cutting it. 
wade, or lebron.... house or chalmers should float and hit open shots, because there will be a lot of zone defense out there...
when miller comes back, i would do wade/lebron and the 1 or 2 and miller at the 3

laugh.gif
... you prollly have not watched more then 6 heat games in your life, unless it was highlights on espn.... but wade with a pg can does come off a lot of screens and hits the mid range, or drives it in... but he can and will dominate the ball when he had too....
- chalmers did not play, eddie house can get hot....
- wade and lebron can play point.. with lebron and miller, wade can def guard a PG, lebron on the 2 and miller can guard the 3...
- you gotta be kidding me if  you think that all lebron and wade do is ball hog... name another player outside of a pg that has more assist then them, or why have they been in the top 10 in assist the last 2 years...
- celtics are a very good defensive team, a veteran defensive team at that.. there is a reason why they are the defending east champs.... if you think other teams in the league have what they have and be able to execute the plan, to shut down the heat besides the lakers, think again...
do they need to get passed those 2 teams to win... of course, but do you really think that lebron and wade cant figure it out by then..

*To the Heat fans out there...what are some realistic options at the PG spot?  Arroyo ain't cutting it. 
wade, or lebron.... house or chalmers should float and hit open shots, because there will be a lot of zone defense out there...
when miller comes back, i would do wade/lebron and the 1 or 2 and miller at the 3

Wade and Lebron can play the point, but they're not point guards. I think those two were at their best on that Team USA squad were they had a true pass first pg distributing the ball to them. How are you gonna have arguably 2 of the best finishers in basketball trying to make plays for Joel Anthony and James Jones?
30t6p3b.gif

Wade and Lebron can play the point, but they're not point guards. I think those two were at their best on that Team USA squad were they had a true pass first pg distributing the ball to them. How are you gonna have arguably 2 of the best finishers in basketball trying to make plays for Joel Anthony and James Jones?
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom