Help me setup my KRK speakers with sub!! Paging Mondaynightraw

Im an audio engineer and i use the fast track pro with a macbook pro and its aways worked flawlessly. If you want to use it with your speaker set up it will work fine but its honestly user preference. For my personal setup up i have klipsch promedia 2.1 and use and airport express via airtunes. I used some mics and an audio program called smaart to the system. smaart puts the raw audio source through a real time analyzer and and then compares it to input from a mic listening to the speakers using a real time analyzer again. Out of the box the klipschs were almost identical. Some sub placement and i had a great match. Like i said its all user preference though.

Originally Posted by G14

Originally Posted by G14

& whats a good ground loop to get rid of the hum sound?

help?
if youre getting a hum without any audio source hooked up or using a battery powered source then then the issue is with the circuit in your house.  try just using a ground lift first. if that doesnt work look into move the system to another circuit of the house or unplugging other device on that circuit. if all else fails look into power conditioners

Originally Posted by G14

Originally Posted by G14

& whats a good ground loop to get rid of the hum sound?

help?
if youre getting a hum without any audio source hooked up or using a battery powered source then then the issue is with the circuit in your house.  try just using a ground lift first. if that doesnt work look into move the system to another circuit of the house or unplugging other device on that circuit. if all else fails look into power conditioners

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

why are you getting studio monitors?

Well, I want a good sound system for my computer. I play a lot of FLAC ad lossless files, so I figured maybe studio monitors would be ideal. High quality sound is very important to me.
Studio monitors are not for "enjoying" music.... they are for identifying levels and problems in the sound.
You would be better off with a speaker system made for listeners. 

You are going to notice alot of defects and artifacts (if they exist) in your music collection.

The macbook sound chip is pretty good (compared to other laptops) but to enjoy the music you should look into an audio interface.
This

Get the audioengine a5 http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Audioengine-5

Well, I want a good sound system for my computer. I play a lot of FLAC ad lossless files, so I figured maybe studio monitors would be ideal. High quality sound is very important to me.
Studio monitors are not for "enjoying" music.... they are for identifying levels and problems in the sound.

You are going to notice alot of defects and artifacts (if they exist) in your music collection.

The macbook sound chip is pretty good (compared to other laptops) but to enjoy the music you should look into an audio interface.
This

This

Would I need a sub with these speakers?

This

This

How big is room you putting these in, they built in subs man and that 10 inch KRK is no joke, unless it's a decent sized room I don't think you need a sub.
laugh.gif

This

How big is room you putting these in, they built in subs man and that 10 inch KRK is no joke, unless it's a decent sized room I don't think you need a sub.
laugh.gif

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

laugh.gif

True...I got krk 5s and I dont need a sub cuz them things boom on the low settings. The Krk sub is def for a house, so if you live in an apartment forget about that sub. Unless of course your neighbors don't mind the bass.

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

laugh.gif

True...I got krk 5s and I dont need a sub cuz them things boom on the low settings. The Krk sub is def for a house, so if you live in an apartment forget about that sub. Unless of course your neighbors don't mind the bass.

Back
Top Bottom