"He's perfect from the line tonight 12 of 12".....*CLUNK* "I just jinxed him."

I swear 9 times out of 10 when the announcer say's something along those lines about how well he's doing from the line they miss.

laugh.gif

+#*% is up with that?

Seems like it NEVER fails.

I swear 9 times out of 10 when the announcer say's something along those lines about how well he's doing from the line they miss.

laugh.gif

+#*% is up with that?

Seems like it NEVER fails.

Seems like it never fails... because it never fails.

I'm mildly superstitious, so I legitimately feel bad in these kinds of sports situations.

And I'm sitting at home shaking my head, thinking "You couldn't just talk about next week's opponent? Tiger Woods or Brett Favre or something?"

laugh.gif

And when it's someone on my team that was affected by the announcer jinxing him, I really get heated for a few seconds.
laugh.gif
... ... ... *shrugs*

Seems like it never fails... because it never fails.

I'm mildly superstitious, so I legitimately feel bad in these kinds of sports situations.

And I'm sitting at home shaking my head, thinking "You couldn't just talk about next week's opponent? Tiger Woods or Brett Favre or something?"

laugh.gif

And when it's someone on my team that was affected by the announcer jinxing him, I really get heated for a few seconds.
laugh.gif
... ... ... *shrugs*

Same thing with Kickers, showing stats like their the top 10 most accurate kickers in the past 10 years or something, then bam, he misses one wide right

Same thing with Kickers, showing stats like their the top 10 most accurate kickers in the past 10 years or something, then bam, he misses one wide right

^ A chip shot, too.

"And with the kicking team taking the field from the 18, it looks like we're headed to overtime."
*random jabbering*
"So the NFL's most accurate kicker this season lines up, with his only misses being from 72 and 99 this season. The snap, the hold, the kick... IS WIDE RIGHT!!!"

And again, I'm sitting at home like "Poor dude had no chance.
frown.gif
Announcer effed this up before his foot ever struck the ball."

^ A chip shot, too.

"And with the kicking team taking the field from the 18, it looks like we're headed to overtime."
*random jabbering*
"So the NFL's most accurate kicker this season lines up, with his only misses being from 72 and 99 this season. The snap, the hold, the kick... IS WIDE RIGHT!!!"

And again, I'm sitting at home like "Poor dude had no chance.
frown.gif
Announcer effed this up before his foot ever struck the ball."

They HAVE to know what they're doing. It's crazy how effective it is too.

I remember when JJ Redick was on some crazy streak one time like at least 45 ina row. They didn't say nothing about it the whole night then next thing you know.

"With this next free throw Redick will pass _________ for most consecutive free throws made." After that I was 100% sure he would miss. He did.
laugh.gif

They HAVE to know what they're doing. It's crazy how effective it is too.

I remember when JJ Redick was on some crazy streak one time like at least 45 ina row. They didn't say nothing about it the whole night then next thing you know.

"With this next free throw Redick will pass _________ for most consecutive free throws made." After that I was 100% sure he would miss. He did.
laugh.gif

Surprised no one has mentioned the Sanchez interception on MNF.

"Sanchez hasn't thrown an interception in the redzone all season...."

Two seconds later he throws right to Brandon Spikes.

Surprised no one has mentioned the Sanchez interception on MNF.

"Sanchez hasn't thrown an interception in the redzone all season...."

Two seconds later he throws right to Brandon Spikes.

It's because the players are thinking exactly what the announcers are.

player "Damn i'm beasting on the line tonight"
announcer "He's 10 for 10 at the line"
*thinks too much
*clank

or

"damn, i've been money from the line this season"
"he's hit his last 26 free throws"
*thinks too much
*clank

It's because the players are thinking exactly what the announcers are.

player "Damn i'm beasting on the line tonight"
announcer "He's 10 for 10 at the line"
*thinks too much
*clank

or

"damn, i've been money from the line this season"
"he's hit his last 26 free throws"
*thinks too much
*clank

Depends on the situation. If we look at the Boise State kicker (wasnt he one of the best kickers in the Nations?) I am sure its was nerves more than anything that made him miss that chip shop and the OT kick.

Depends on the situation. If we look at the Boise State kicker (wasnt he one of the best kickers in the Nations?) I am sure its was nerves more than anything that made him miss that chip shop and the OT kick.

I notice it but I don't believe in it....

The ones that the announcers get right are just the ones that stick out more...

If they say " so and so has made his last 25 free throws" and he actually goes out and makes it... nobody thinks anything of it

But if the announcers say it damn near everytime hes at the line hes bound to miss at least once and it will seem jinxed

Back
Top Bottom