Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

tenor.gif

At this point.... bring it on! We're as ready for any respiratory virus as we'll ever be.

here’s a weird thought. My state has 4x the number of cases on youth than other states. And now we’re seeing FL have a high spike of 20-40 yr old cases. In some weird way, isn’t this a positive? As long as deaths aren’t increasing at the same clip, let the young folks have 90% of the new case loads, as long as they aren’t dying.
Is that weird logic to hold?
If 10% of new cases were kids and they weren’t dying, that’s 10% less who are vulnerable who don’t have it.
Why aren’t Scientists talking about this new positive?
If 30% of new cases In Florida are youth, let them get it. If you’re old and compromised, stay home. Let the youth take the brunt force of this virus.
It feels like the old and compromised and already retired don’t want to give anything up.

here’s a weird thought. My state has 4x the number of cases on youth than other states. And now we’re seeing FL have a high spike of 20-40 yr old cases. In some weird way, isn’t this a positive? As long as deaths aren’t increasing at the same clip, let the young folks have 90% of the new case loads, as long as they aren’t dying.
Is that weird logic to hold?
If 10% of new cases were kids and they weren’t dying, that’s 10% less who are vulnerable who don’t have it.
Why aren’t Scientists talking about this new positive?
If 30% of new cases In Florida are youth, let them get it. If you’re old and compromised, stay home. Let the youth take the brunt force of this virus.
It feels like the old and compromised and already retired don’t want to give anything up.
Scientists are talking about it, although you're right in that I haven't seen a satisfactory discussion of it.

It's definitely better that younger people get it than older people. The problem is how effectively can we isolate vulnerable individuals if this is infecting lots of young people.

Perhaps Florida is unique in that young people and old people are fairly segregated, and it tends to be split with a lot of retirees there away from their family (unlike typical America where they live with or near to their children and grandchildren). So it's possible that while this rips through the younger parts of Florida it skips over the retirement villages. That's the optimistic view.

Scientists are talking about it, although you're right in that I haven't seen a satisfactory discussion of it.

It's definitely better that younger people get it than older people. The problem is how effectively can we isolate vulnerable individuals if this is infecting lots of young people.

Perhaps Florida is unique in that young people and old people are fairly segregated, and it tends to be split with a lot of retirees there away from their family (unlike typical America where they live with or near to their children and grandchildren). So it's possible that while this rips through the younger parts of Florida it skips over the retirement villages. That's the optimistic view.
True. Getting it is at their end game at the moment. I see way too many older folks not wearing masks and stubborn as hell compared to everyone else.
At some point, you just gotta say, let them catch it. Let nature take its course.

they dont realize that deaths per capita islowest when kids and young adults have most of the current cases

since day one, I said we have to protect our mostVulnerable.

I have young children and the thought of sending them back to school, no matter how "mild" the illness might be for the majority of kids, scares the hell out of me. There's just too much unknown with what long term effects there might be. The other problem with more young adults getting COVID is that they are often the ones who are at the bars tonight and back at work in the assisted living facilities, schools, restaurants, etc. tomorrow...

05fordgt 05fordgt Damn Man Im Really Sorry To Hear That And Completely Apologize For Asking If That Bothered You To Share. :ohwell:

Good To Hear You Put Yourself First In Taking Care Of Your Health. Also Great Your Family Has Some Stability Financially.

Hey bud, no worries at all. I am always up to share my story. I learned to do that when I attended a support group many years ago. I realized that if my story and words can help someone who is suffering from any form of GI disease, and if they are more relaxed knowing things can get better, then I know I did a good thing. All my medical issues define me and I'm okay with that. But it defines me in a good way. 👍

i had a mild form of colorist when I was a child But it was very bad one year as I couldn’t go to school and leave the house and I can tell you it’s no joke and to this day the first thing for me when I get sick is my stomach and I need to use the bathroom often

don’t put yourself at risk of course you need a income for you and your family but any job is not work risking your life

I know you posted your condition before I just hope it gets better for you sometime down the line

take care of yourself And try as much as you can to stay away from strangers in this troubling time

Thanks buddy. You do the same. It's taken me a long time to learn to make myself a priority over work. I'm glad I did it this year. Doing so has been a blessing with not having to be at work during the beginning of the pandemic.

Please be safe and take care of yourself and your family. 👍🙏

Back
Top Bottom