Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
A hunnit thou incoming
**** up some commas, let's **** up some commas, yeah
Let's **** up some commas, let's **** up some commas, yeah
Forty thou' to a hunned thou'
A hunned thou' 'nother hunned thou'
Three hunned thou', five hunned thou'
A milli y'all let's have a money shower

T.I. Hot Tea coming soon.

Now with “Lemon AND Anti-COVID”
1604108103546.jpeg

They estimated millions dead IF we did absolutely nothing. With all steps taken we still have hundreds of thousands dead. The biggest variable not taken to account is people fighting against all health mandates and intentionally going against them.

all things considered I think they began with an overshot but then undershot the reaction of people opening against things. Bottomline, we’re in trouble
I'm just going to agree to disagree with you. I don't see you run dependable models/simulations without numerous data points to support, there was too many variables to come up with accurate numbers that early on. In any case, I rather have a disagreement with someone who believes in the severity of this pandemic rather than an individual's that dismisses it all together.

I'm just going to agree to disagree with you. I don't see you run dependable models/simulations without numerous data points to support, there was too many variables to come up with accurate numbers that early on. In any case, I rather have a disagreement with someone who believes in the severity of this pandemic rather than an individual's that dismisses it all together.
we’re arguing on the same side but differ on perceived initial projected severity. Could be an argument over semantics

Last edited:
'It's possible': the race to approve a Covid vaccine by Christmas
10/31/2020

The race for a Covid vaccine is reaching a crucial stage, with the glimmer of a possibility that one of the leading contenders will be approved by Christmas.

In an interview with the Guardian, Kate Bingham, who heads the UK’s vaccine taskforce, said the UK was in “a very good place”.

But there are still hurdles to clear in the coming weeks.

Within weeks, the first results to show whether one of the vaccines actually works will emerge. With a vaccine hailed as the world’s best hope of halting the deaths and the social and economic destruction wreaked by the Covid pandemic, the world is holding its breath.

It could be Oxford University, partnered with drug company AstraZeneca. It could be Moderna in the US. Or it could be Pfizer and the German company BioNTech.

All three have either recruited the last of the tens of thousands of volunteers they need for the critical final trials or will shortly do so.

And sometime in November or December, their independent monitoring boards will “unblind” their secret data to find out whether fewer people given the experimental vaccines are getting Covid-19.

The excitement is palpable. Bingham understands that.

“I can just see that it’s such an incredibly sensitive topic, that everyone is so desperate to be out of lockdown and get back to normal that everyone grabs at straws,” she said.

“I think my key message is we’re in a very good place. The UK is well set up, we’ve got a very attractive portfolio. We are absolutely well-planned and well-organised in terms of having the right vaccines and knowing when they’re arriving.”

The UK has bought six of the hundreds of vaccines under development. It has two of the three companies heading down the final furlong – AstraZeneca’s and Pfizer’s. Bingham says she thinks there is a chance of a vaccine before Christmas.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-race-to-approve-a-covid-vaccine-by-christmas

This is a great resource for more optimistic news around COVID. Tired of the 24/7 doom and gloom news cycle around this. Need more balance.

'It's possible': the race to approve a Covid vaccine by Christmas
10/31/2020

The race for a Covid vaccine is reaching a crucial stage, with the glimmer of a possibility that one of the leading contenders will be approved by Christmas.

In an interview with the Guardian, Kate Bingham, who heads the UK’s vaccine taskforce, said the UK was in “a very good place”.

But there are still hurdles to clear in the coming weeks.

Within weeks, the first results to show whether one of the vaccines actually works will emerge. With a vaccine hailed as the world’s best hope of halting the deaths and the social and economic destruction wreaked by the Covid pandemic, the world is holding its breath.

It could be Oxford University, partnered with drug company AstraZeneca. It could be Moderna in the US. Or it could be Pfizer and the German company BioNTech.

All three have either recruited the last of the tens of thousands of volunteers they need for the critical final trials or will shortly do so.

And sometime in November or December, their independent monitoring boards will “unblind” their secret data to find out whether fewer people given the experimental vaccines are getting Covid-19.

The excitement is palpable. Bingham understands that.

“I can just see that it’s such an incredibly sensitive topic, that everyone is so desperate to be out of lockdown and get back to normal that everyone grabs at straws,” she said.

“I think my key message is we’re in a very good place. The UK is well set up, we’ve got a very attractive portfolio. We are absolutely well-planned and well-organised in terms of having the right vaccines and knowing when they’re arriving.”

The UK has bought six of the hundreds of vaccines under development. It has two of the three companies heading down the final furlong – AstraZeneca’s and Pfizer’s. Bingham says she thinks there is a chance of a vaccine before Christmas.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-race-to-approve-a-covid-vaccine-by-christmas

This is a great resource for more optimistic news around COVID. Tired of the 24/7 doom and gloom news cycle around this. Need more balance.
If the prevalence of covid-19 in the world was low, these studies would be underpowered and possibly take years to get the data to conclude whether the vaccine is effective.

However, thanks to the world coming together and getting us up to half a million new cases per day, there is plenty of covid-19 in the community to figure out whether the vaccine is working.

So thank you, superspreaders. Thank you, Mister Trump. Thank you, anti-masking Karens of the world. Whether you knew it or not, you were (kind of) helping out the scientists.

Not matter who wins the election Tuesday, I'm expecting to see very high consecutive COVID spikes b/c of it the following week. Trump wins they celebrate, Trump loses they protest.

Back
Top Bottom